Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee and Miami have to be interested in Paul as well. Milwaukee is desperate and Miami just got a taste of the finals and will want more, especially if the injury to Dragic is going to be a career defining one.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Milwaukee and Miami have to be interested in Paul as well. Milwaukee is desperate and Miami just got a taste of the finals and will want more, especially if the injury to Dragic is going to be a career defining one.
      Miami is aiming for 2021 like Toronto is. They want Giannis. I don't think they blow that chance for Paul.

Milwaukee has to give up a lot to bring Paul in since they are at the cap. Basically would have to give up Bledsoe, Lopez and Hill. 3 of their top 5 contracts. That's a lot of depth.. especially Lopez to give away.

Philly makes sense too.. and have either Horford or Harris' contract to move with picks. They are the team to watch for to make a big move.

Comment

• Yeah Philly and Milwaukee should be strong contenders for Paul. OKC might be able to get a small bidding war started.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Yeah Philly and Milwaukee should be strong contenders for Paul. OKC might be able to get a small bidding war started.
          Bidding war ? You would have to match his 38 million dollar contract ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Bidding war ? You would have to match his 38 million dollar contract ..
            True, but after this last season and with a few teams in tough spots for guard creation, once you have two teams interested a bidding war is possible. Doesn't mean he fetches a half dozen picks, but might mean he fetches more than he would if there was only one interested team.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Chris Bosh is nominated for HOF class again . He acted surprised when getting the word this year ? Wasn't he saying he should have been inducted last year ? .. I don't know about everyone else but as a franchise player he didn't get a team out of the 1st round in the East . He was the 3rd best player on a championship team ( although Ray Allen was also on that championship team ) . He was a great player but only once achieved 2nd all NBA team . Am I just a bitter Raptor fan but I just think he was a great player but not a HOF .

Comment

• I liked Bosh but if that's a HOF career then the bar is too low

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  I liked Bosh but if that's a HOF career then the bar is too low
                  So Lowry is not a hall of famer then?

Chris Bosh retired at age 31 and he still accomplished all these:

11x star
                  Olympic gold medalist
                  2x NBA Champion
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• 11 x Allstar .. He did play in the East . How many all stars has DeRozan got since going to the West? Shouldn't how many " all NBA " be more important to the resume then all stars .. Bosh didn't have longevity ( career stats ) and when was he ever the top 2 player at his position in the league in a given year . He had a zero point game in the playoffs in his Prime .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                      11 x Allstar .. He did play in the East . How many all stars has DeRozan got since going to the West? Shouldn't how many " all NBA " be more important to the resume then all stars .. Bosh didn't have longevity ( career stats ) and when was he ever the top 2 player at his position in the league in a given year . He had a zero point game in the playoffs in his Prime .
                      You realize everything you said also applies to Lowry right?

1. 6x all star in the "weak" Eastern Conference.
                      2. Named an All NBA player once.
                      3. Do we ever talk about him as a top 2 PG in the game? i know it's always Steph or Paul or Steph or Russ or Steph or Dame. Lowry is/was never in this conversation.
                      4. I don't remember Bosh's zero point playoff game but I remember Game 1 against Orlando.

Again, if you don't think Bosh is a hall of famer or that the bar is too low(i disagree) then you don't think Lowry is a hall of famer?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I wouldn't mind if Lowry wasn't called HOF to be honest. He's GROAT but bar for HOF is way too low these days. If Lowry wasn't a late bloomer I would feel more comfortable calling him HOF.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Bosh is a HOF 1000%. He would have been a fringe HOF if he just stayed in Toronto putting up monster stats on bad teams. He would have been a fringe HOF if his whole career was 3rd fiddle to a contender. But because of both combined, the early years as a stat stuffer and go to guy, then the 2nd half as a 3rd banana on 2x champ 4x finalist, it makes him a bonafide HOFer
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            I wouldn't mind if Lowry wasn't called HOF to be honest. He's GROAT but bar for HOF is way too low these days. If Lowry wasn't a late bloomer I would feel more comfortable calling him HOF.
                            There are a couple of players in the HOF that I have a lot of questions with. Bosh is not one of them. I believe he's going to get in along with Pierce who's easily a first ballot hofer. But anyway, Bosh resume is already all time great but imagine what his resume would look like if he didn't retire early? he probably would finished with 20,000+ points, 4-5 more all star appearances and maybe another chip?

And btw yes, I think Lowry is also a hall of famer.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              I wouldn't mind if Lowry wasn't called HOF to be honest. He's GROAT but bar for HOF is way too low these days. If Lowry wasn't a late bloomer I would feel more comfortable calling him HOF.
                              You hope he doesn't get in why? It ain't Raps fans job to hold up the bar for HOF. We never had an inductee yet. Vince Carter spent 6 out of 22 years here way back when, he's not our guy.

I'd love to see the GROAT represent the purple dino's in the Hall proudly one day, because consistency, because intangibles, because champion. And I'll bang that drum as long as Mitch Richmond's ass has a plaque up in there.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

You hope he doesn't get in why? It ain't Raps fans job to hold up the bar for HOF. We never had an inductee yet. Vince Carter spent 6 out of 22 years here way back when, he's not our guy.

I'd love to see the GROAT represent the purple dino's in the Hall proudly one day, because consistency, because intangibles, because champion. And I'll bang that drum as long as Mitch Richmond's ass has a plaque up in there.
                                I don't hope he doesn't get it. I just don't really mind either way.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X