Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    Memphis Grizzlies veteran swingman Vince Carter, 39, scored 20 points and had seven rebounds off the bench in the 102-96 win against the Phoenix Suns Monday.

Over the last 40 seasons, only two other players age 39 or older registered at least 20 points and five rebounds as a reserve: Patrick Ewing (2001) and Michael Jordan (twice in 2002).
    Vince always had talent in spades. Too bad his maturity level didn't peak until after he left Toronto.

Comment

• http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery...ndidates-12211

TMAC nominated for HOF .. Does he get in ??

Comment

• Farewell, Red Rocket...

LINK: http://www.tsn.ca/ex-rap-bonner-reti...asons-1.645244

Matt Bonner, known affectionately as "The Red Rocket" during his time in Toronto, is retiring from the NBA.

The 36-year-old announced the news in a humorous video posted on The Players Tribune on Friday.

Bonner made his debut in 2004-05 and played his first two seasons for the Raptors before he was traded to San Antonio in the deal that brought Rasho Nesterovic to Toronto. He was beloved in Toronto for his humble, good-natured demeanour, and garnered his "Red Rocket" nickname when he revealed he was a regular user of Toronto's mass transit system.

One of his most popular moments as a Raptor was when future Hall of Famer Kevin Garnett tried to fight him after he knocked down Garnett with a flagrant foul. Bonner was ejected and the Air Canada Centre gleefully ushered Bonner off the floor with a standing ovation and chorus of cheers. Bonner high-fived fans on his way to the locker-room.

Bonner met his Canadian wife while playing in Toronto, and was also unsuccessful in a bid to become a Canadian citizen in order to play for Canada's national team.

He went on to win NBA championships with the Spurs in 2007 and 2014, plying his trade as a lethal three-point shooter.

In his retirement video, Bonner makes the announcement to an empty press conference room "Live from Concord, N.H.," while eating a sandwich. A custodian slowly sweeps the stage behind him. The sounds of crickets play.

The custodian pauses sweeping to say in a New England accent: "Bonnah? I thought he retired yee-ahs ago?"

Bonner gives a shout out to "The T-Dot" (Toronto) and "The Hammer" (Hamilton) and "everywhere else in Canada," and "anyone else who supported me in any location you did so."

Bonner averaged 5.8 points and 3.0 rebounds over his 12 NBA seasons.
        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Jan 6, 2017, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• One of my favourite players in Raps history. Not the most gifted player but great character. His retirement video is great.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Was at the Bonner - Garnett game. It cemented his legacy.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Was at the Bonner - Garnett game. It cemented his legacy.
              I love that that's a known thing within Raptors lore. Lol

You will be missed Bonnah.

Comment

• Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Congrats to Toronto Draft Pic T-Mac ... He is going into the HOF .... When was the last T.O professional team that drafted a HOF ?

Comment

• Congrats to V.C ... He is having a great year ( for a 40 year old ) and has just passed Ray Allen for 22nd all time ...

Comment

Congrats to Toronto Draft Pic T-Mac ... He is going into the HOF .... When was the last T.O professional team that drafted a HOF ?
                      Damn I was gonna say roberto alomar and mats sundin but neither were drafted by toronto.

You'd probably have to go way back into maple leafs past to answer this trivia question. Johnny bower or some shit lol
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HeRN5nBycM

Vince Carter still a dunking machine at the age of 40 ....

Comment

• Vince Carter starts off another season with an opening night 12 points ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITFjCZXGii8
                          Last edited by guyroch; Thu Oct 18, 2018, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Vince Carter starts off another season with an opening night 12 points ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITFjCZXGii8

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Yikes, imagine seeing these 2 faces closing in for a double team

Feel like I'm in the Walking Dead or The Hills Have Eyes at that point I'd be screaming
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Yikes, imagine seeing these 2 faces closing in for a double team

Feel like I'm in the Walking Dead or The Hills Have Eyes at that point I'd be screaming
                                Lol Funniest thing when the Knicks tweeted this ... terrible caption, and obvious first reply. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X