Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince Carter still a dunking machine
    https://www.bardown.com/age-cannot-s...mups-1.1200633

Comment

• My favourite thing about DeRozan killing it with the Spurs is that it's squashing so many dumb narratives like "he's not a good playmaker" and "he doesn't contribute to winning basketball". Seeing him get praised by Pop just warms my heart.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        My favourite thing about DeRozan killing it with the Spurs is that it's squashing so many dumb narratives like "he's not a good playmaker" and "he doesn't contribute to winning basketball". Seeing him get praised by Pop just warms my heart.
        Perfectly said ... I love he hated to leave T.O but to be coached by Pops is the best of both worlds .

Comment

My favourite thing about DeRozan killing it with the Spurs is that it's squashing so many dumb narratives like "he's not a good playmaker" and "he doesn't contribute to winning basketball". Seeing him get praised by Pop just warms my heart.
          DeMar didn't get his 'playmaker' role card until last year.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
            Vince Carter still a dunking machine
            https://www.bardown.com/age-cannot-s...mups-1.1200633

Vince Carter another double digit point night tonight ...

Comment

Vince Carter another double digit point night tonight ...
              I love VC

Comment

He was as good in the regular season last year. Its when it counts that he falters. Until he proves it in the playoffs - we will only remember how poorly he was in the Cavs series. Literally any other starting guard would've been better.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                  I love VC
                  If you were a GM right now who would you rather have on your roster right now ... Carmelo who when he gets his first start goes 2-12 and -17 .. Or Vince who also started ( but okay with bench role ) but goes for 4-8 and only - 4 in a lost .

Comment

If you were a GM right now who would you rather have on your roster right now ... Carmelo who when he gets his first start goes 2-12 and -17 .. Or Vince who also started ( but okay with bench role ) but goes for 4-8 and only - 4 in a lost .
                    I think Melo is terrible to have in the locker room. I would pick VC any day over him.

Comment

• I will admit I would have loved to see VC in a Raptors uniform this year. He didn't act well his last months with team, but he was no Jimmy Butler. Babcock screwed up big time after Vince asked not to be traded and wanted to stay. VC coming back would have provided closure to that whole chapter. And he would have been more useful then any of the end of bench guys in the short term.

Would have been a cash cow without detracting from Kawhi or Lowry. They might even have got a kick out of playing with a guy they looked up to as kids.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                        I love VC
                        Miles for VC. Done.

Comment

• Vince doesnt wanna come here guys. Or anywhere where the basketball volume goes up to 11 in April.

The 2nd half of his career can be summed up as "wasting away in margaritaville"
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Vince doesnt wanna come here guys. Or anywhere where the basketball volume goes up to 11 in April.

The 2nd half of his career can be summed up as "wasting away in margaritaville"
                            Well he might be here next year when Lenord leaves and we are in rebuilding mode .. On another note ... I think there may have been a reluctance to bring Vince with DeRozan here last year but I think he maybe an option this year ...

He is doing well ... Previous years boxscores were 0 pts , 3pts , DNP , 4 pts , etc but this year he is producing .. Heck if he keeps doing what he is doing he will be a deadline trade player for some playoff team ... Lebron looks like he can use a player who can put down a 3

Comment

• VC quit on the Raptors. Why do we want him back for some nostalgia?

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                                VC quit on the Raptors. Why do we want him back for some nostalgia?
                                I agree he had like a half dozen chances it seems like to come back and he keeps signing with bottom feeders
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X