Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd trade Brown for Vince. But that's only because Brown sucks.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I agree he had like a half dozen chances it seems like to come back and he keeps signing with bottom feeders
      Really? That's arms.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
        VC quit on the Raptors. Why do we want him back for some nostalgia?
        Do you sometimes hate your boss and you want to quit or did quit but you still like your fellow employees and customers . Well that's how I see it .. Oh by the way DeRozan loved the Raptors and T.O ( franchise player ) and they traded him ...

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
          Do you sometimes hate your boss and you want to quit or did quit but you still like your fellow employees and customers . Well that's how I see it .. Oh by the way DeRozan loved the Raptors and T.O ( franchise player ) and they traded him ...
          In this situation, I'm assuming the Raptors are the company and the old regime is the boss? But this isn't a relevant analogy. A more relevant analogy would be that VC was the employee that could do everything when he tried, but came in late and never gave a shit. Why would the company and the new boss want to rehire such an employee?

Also the Demar comment has nothing to do with anything. We traded Demar to get better. Can't get emotional if you want to win.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
            Really? That's arms.
            Damn... haven’t heard that since high school

Comment

In this situation, I'm assuming the Raptors are the company and the old regime is the boss? But this isn't a relevant analogy. A more relevant analogy would be that VC was the employee that could do everything when he tried, but came in late and never gave a shit. Why would the company and the new boss want to rehire such an employee?

Also the Demar comment has nothing to do with anything. We traded Demar to get better. Can't get emotional if you want to win.
              Why would the new company hire ? Cause at 42 many people aren't the same when they were in their mid 20's and the new employer is no long Richard Peddie and Rob Badcock it's now a well respected Masai Ujiri ..

Hey we can agree to disagree ... I hated VC as much as the next guy when he left but I have like many have put it now it perspective ..

I just mentioned Demar cause maybe VC wanted to win and had no faith in the coach , GM , and president that they could pull it off and wanted out ( Vince was proven right they made a mess of it ) and the Raptors wanted to win and no faith that Demar could bring them to the promise land and so they traded him .

Comment

Why would the new company hire ? Cause at 42 many people aren't the same when they were in their mid 20's and the new employer is no long Richard Peddie and Rob Badcock it's now a well respected Masai Ujiri ..

Hey we can agree to disagree ... I hated VC as much as the next guy when he left but I have like many have put it now it perspective ..

I just mentioned Demar cause maybe VC wanted to win and had no faith in the coach , GM , and president that they could pull it off and wanted out ( Vince was proven right they made a mess of it ) and the Raptors wanted to win and no faith that Demar could bring them to the promise land and so they traded him .
                Never an excuse for not trying. VC was too talented for that. If you look at his career, it is very underwhelming for how great his talent was. Same with his cousin.

Comment

Never an excuse for not trying. VC was too talented for that. If you look at his career, it is very underwhelming for how great his talent was. Same with his cousin.
                  underwhelming ? Both will be in the HOF .. One of the biggest achievement a player can obtain ..
                  Last edited by guyroch; Sat Nov 3, 2018, 10:58 PM.

Comment

underwhelming ? Both will be in the HOF .. One of the biggest achievement a player can obtain ..
                    Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame is kind of a joke, but yes they will both be in it. Both losers though, Tmac more so. He was so damn great, but always choked.

Comment

• Anyone lowkey happy for PJ Tucker? He got what he wanted.

/s

Comment

Vince doesnt wanna come here guys. Or anywhere where the basketball volume goes up to 11 in April.

The 2nd half of his career can be summed up as "wasting away in margaritaville"
                        Why would you want to bring a has-been back where half the fans would boo him every night? This ain't Quitter-ville no more

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          Why would you want to bring a has-been back where half the fans would boo him every night? This ain't Quitter-ville no more
                          The time for Vince to make a fence-mending return was probably about two years ago, and he's gone and signed deals for more money and more playing time twice since. I am not eager to go out and get Vince for the sake of feel-good storylines at this point.

That said, if he were available for, say, Miles and scraps, there's enough talent and execution still there that I would probably pull the trigger on that deal. His game would be a good fit for our second unit.

If there's any trade option that makes us a better team at this point, we do it, because our window is as open as it's ever been.

Comment

• I can't wait for Vince to retire so we can stop talking about putting him back on the roster.

He'll get into broadcasting and I doubt he wants to do that here, either. Probably in Florida.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              I can't wait for Vince to retire so we can stop talking about putting him back on the roster.

He'll get into broadcasting and I doubt he wants to do that here, either. Probably in Florida.
                              Lol, that will just start years of "Should we sign Vince to replace Leo Rautins?"
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Lol, that will just start years of "Should we sign Vince to replace Leo Rautins?"
                                Dammit that is an easy yes tho. I would sign a bag of potatoes to replace Leo Rautins.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X