Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    JV 33 and 15 tonight .. Don't think Grizzlies are missing Gasol
    JV has really benefited from the move to Memphis. Their offensive system was built around Gasol and Conley. JV taking Gasol's place has given him a huge uptick not just in minutes but Usage - he's at 30.2% there which is higher than any Raptor this season (Kawhi highest at 30.1%). JV's PER is about the same as it was here and his WS/48 is down substantially, although that is less on JV than showing what a poor stat WS can be.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      I quite like having Memphis as a team-to-watch laden with players I care about. Bruno and Delon out there making plays (and some mistakes), JV going in hard. Good OT win for them over Houston last night.
      I think they could be a playoff team next year..add another good rookie...jaren jackson year 2-JV-Conley is a good enough big 3 to flirt with it
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

JV has really benefited from the move to Memphis. Their offensive system was built around Gasol and Conley. JV taking Gasol's place has given him a huge uptick not just in minutes but Usage - he's at 30.2% there which is higher than any Raptor this season (Kawhi highest at 30.1%). JV's PER is about the same as it was here and his WS/48 is down substantially, although that is less on JV than showing what a poor stat WS can be.
        WS rewards players on good teams. It's very much a limited stat in that sense.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          I quite like having Memphis as a team-to-watch laden with players I care about. Bruno and Delon out there making plays (and some mistakes), JV going in hard. Good OT win for them over Houston last night.
          Spurs and Grizz are like my number 2 and 3 teams now that there are so many ex-Raps on each squad.

Comment

• Lost in JV's big game was Harden scored 57 in the loss

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              Lost in JV's big game was Harden scored 57 in the loss
              It's time to ask the question: Is James Harden the best scorer of our generation, and since Kobe Bryant (Or even further back than that??)
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• He made some bullshit shots in the crunch time (Harden)
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

It's time to ask the question: Is James Harden the best scorer of our generation, and since Kobe Bryant (Or even further back than that??)
                  If he scored this much (or even ~15% less) within the old rules, I'd say yes. Now you look at players wrong and it's a foul, so I'm not so sure. It's hard to compare players from different eras because of that. I think Harden it's an incredible scorer that would probably wreak havoc in any era, but the change in the game to favour certain type of offensive players is inflating his game too. Players guarding him get called for a lot more ticky-tacky fouls than ordinary, while he also "travels" a lot.

Comment

Harden is a stud but a volume shooter and gets the NBA superstar calls almost like no other, maybe lebron. Hard not to like the beard
                    Curry is a unicorn, great (public) personality, always looks like he's having fun, unlike lebron
                    Westbrook is an amazing triple double machine but it's hard to like him at all. Too whiny, also like lebron
                    Durant is a pure talent, upper echelon of impose-your-will players. But forever known as a sellout to chase a ring teaming up with other stars. Kinda like lebron....

Giannis is incredible, my favourite non-Raptor becuase he doesn't want to be friends or even practice with anyone not on his team.
                    Davis is amazing in a low-brow kind of way.
                    Kawhi can be that guy.

Then there's a couple of unicorn white dudes.

It really is the new Golden Age of the NBA ....

Comment

I do think we have to put the " D'antoni coach " effect on this argument . He has coached 3 first time MVP's ... He is in tuff company to get that title .. His generation has Curry and Durant in it .. Also best scorers in a generation don't go dry or cold in game seven situation .

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

Is it just me or is Gasol for JV a straight up trade considering the age gap ( heck even throw in a 2nd round pick ) ..

Comment

No, LBJ is.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Is it just me or is Gasol for JV a straight up trade considering the age gap ( heck even throw in a 2nd round pick ) ..
                            It’s just you.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

No, LBJ is.
                              You do have a point ... Lebron is also possibly the most efficient scorer of this generation .

Comment

• JV got 23 points and 24 rebounds last night in a loss against the Magic who got 31 points from ex-Rap Terrence Ross

Comment

Working...
                                X