Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    I heard and read 2 things today ... Tracy McGrady said Toronto is one of his favorite cities and Chris Bosh is going to work for TSN during the Finals .. Wow .. The two guys who left town and never had nothing nice to say seem to be front and center
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

What next Alonzo Mourning will be sitting next to Drake

Comment

• Hope Memphis gives him a good contract.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Hope Memphis gives him a good contract.
          was not expecting him to decline. that last half of the season putting up those big numbers as the #1 option really breathed a second life into JV carrer. I hope he can be a veteran piece for the upstart grizz they will have a great future with JJJ and Ja Morant
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• All the best JV hope you get paid

Comment

• The death of the center has been greatly exaggerated. Some of the big difference makers in this playoffs were the big boys by the rim. Gasol, Looney, Lopez, Capela...these were key members of the final teams. Nurkic going out killed Portland. What about Jokic, Embiid, Cousins, Ibaka..these guys all had a big role!

Tired of people shittin on the big fellas! Get paid JV, Rumble young man, rumble!
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I assume he'll get something in the $40-45M range for 3 years.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

I assume he'll get something in the $40-45M range for 3 years.
                  You think he'd decline his player option to take a lesser annual figure?

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

You think he'd decline his player option to take a lesser annual figure?
                    Yeah, probably. consider it an insurance policy payment for him.

JV has had a fair number of injuries and perhaps he and his agent think the market will be better for him now as opposed to next summer.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

Yeah, probably. consider it an insurance policy payment for him.

JV has had a fair number of injuries and perhaps he and his agent think the market will be better for him now as opposed to next summer.
                      Yeah, it'll be interesting to see. I think JV still has plenty of good years left in this league, so to actively start taking annual pay decreases now, despite being a bit of an old school C, that wouldn't be my gamble if I were him. Good time to restructure after the numbers and usage he had for the end of the season. I could see him getting paid a little better than that.

Comment

• Gasol has shown JV how effective a big man can be if their talent is used wisely. JV didn't start his career showing great basketball smarts, but was by no means a stupid player. He would be wise to study game video with a strong focus on defensive play. He could also start focusing on playmaking. Of course, he needs to continue with his 3 point shot. He is going to be a valuable piece for some team, whether it is the Grizzlies or not.

Comment

Can we sign him and trade Gasol? LOL

Comment

• Comment

• Moose should get a ring too. he was out there when JV was hurt and helped us secure HCA against the Warriors (although home court really didn't help anyone that series).

Pretty crazy that guys like Moreland, Meeks and Lin will have rings as well.

Comment

Moose should get a ring too. he was out there when JV was hurt and helped us secure HCA against the Warriors (although home court really didn't help anyone that series).

Pretty crazy that guys like Moreland, Meeks and Lin will have rings as well.
                                I propose a bracelet for some other people. like hey you were a part of building this but not part of the actually championship team. 1 for Casey Rex klaimian and demar. James Dolan gets one. biyombo and Ross. Tim liwueke. forgot his name but the GM of the Magic now who was Masai 2nd hand man for years. Stackhouse for developing the guys in the game league. and super fan nav should just straight up get a real ring. or at least a custom turban that looks like the championship ring.
                                Last edited by bertarapsfan; Sat Jun 15, 2019, 05:41 PM.
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X