Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Is this for real? I don't believe it.

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
      I don't think it's about JV taking the ring like he won it. Obviously it's not that for JV. He should and he will take it, because he's spent so much time here, that he will take it as a fan. Just like we buy championship hats and shirts, he'll accept the ring, because he's happy Toronto won it and some of his buddies won it. It's like a very rich fan getting a more pricy championship merch item, but for free.
      No. I think it's more that he contributed to a championship series (while actually on the roster!) and deserves it, no questions these kind of players deserve rings as much/more than Lin/Moreland/Meeks etc

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Is this for real? I don't believe it.
        Why?
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Why?
          Because they weren't there for the most important stuff. We saw the result when they were in the mix during the playoffs in prior years. I'm not saying don't give them their "participation trophies" but what will it really mean to them? I wouldn't want it, I didn't earn it.

Comment

• If we're getting philosophical about it then hand them out to Dwayne and DeMar too. Candy for all. Those two did more to get the team here than those guys.

Comment

If we're getting philosophical about it then hand them out to Dwayne and DeMar too. Candy for all. Those two did more to get the team here than those guys.
              No, they didnt play for the team in the 2018-2019 championship season. The other guys did.

you're essentially saying every game of the regular season before JV trade was completely meaningless. Jv and Wright contributed more to capturing the 2nd seed than loyd and Miller

Comment

No, they didnt play for the team in the 2018-2019 championship season. The other guys did.

you're essentially saying every game of the regular season before JV trade was completely meaningless. Jv and Wright contributed more to capturing the 2nd seed than loyd and Miller
                They're not Toronto Raptors and they didn't compete in the real season. Put it this way, if the Lakers deal LeBron in December and then go onto win a chip, how do you feel about LeBron claiming he has four rings? That fourth one has little value in my books but I'm not always the most PC Raptors fan.

And why weren't these four on the parade bus? They're the Champs. Why the snub from their fellow 2019 Champs?

Comment

• I will add that it's a really nice gesture by the Raptors organization. Very classy.

Comment

They're not Toronto Raptors and they didn't compete in the real season. Put it this way, if the Lakers deal LeBron in December and then go onto win a chip, how do you feel about LeBron claiming he has four rings? That fourth one has little value in my books but I'm not always the most PC Raptors fan.

And why weren't these four on the parade bus? They're the Champs. Why the snub from their fellow 2019 Champs?
                    I don't think JV would claim he "won" a championship though, even if the Raps give him a ring though... It's more of a gesture/"nod" to their contributions. Nothing more. And I think it's a great gesture.

Edit: Lol You literally just posted saying the same thing, so fair enough.

Comment

Should OG not get a ring?

Also, who is arguing about value of rings? We're talking about the extremely standard operating procedure for literally every championship team ever of offering rings to players who were on the roster in their championship season.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• OG was a Raptors, so yeah.

I've never paid attention to what other teams do in these instances. By now I'm usually enjoying the weather or talking about the draft and FA.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I don't think JV would claim he "won" a championship though, even if the Raps give him a ring though... It's more of a gesture/"nod" to their contributions. Nothing more. And I think it's a great gesture.

Edit: Lol You literally just posted saying the same thing, so fair enough.
                          I barely recognize you with the new avatar I keep thinking its mixxaor lol

Comment

• Don't get me wrong though: much love for these former Raptors, especially JV.

Comment

I barely recognize you with the new avatar I keep thinking its mixxaor lol
                              Dude, I don't even recognize my own posts!! Lol

Might have to just edit the old one to include Lowry and LOB.

Comment

OG was a Raptors, so yeah.

I've never paid attention to what other teams do in these instances. By now I'm usually enjoying the weather or talking about the draft and FA.
                                So were the other guys, this season. But OG didn't play in the "real season," so why would he not be excluded as well? What about Chris Boucher?

Really weird thing to get bent out of shape about. The most standard operating procedure, a nice gesture, totally harmless and a feel good move for fans of the team who liked those players... But let's not do it... why, exactly? If it's just that you personally wouldn't accept the ring, then, well, the players can always refuse the ring, it's been done before.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X