Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

So were the other guys, this season. But OG didn't play in the "real season," so why would he not be excluded as well? What about Chris Boucher?

Really weird thing to get bent out of shape about. The most standard operating procedure, a nice gesture, totally harmless and a feel good move for fans of the team who liked those players... But let's not do it... why, exactly? If it's just that you personally wouldn't accept the ring, then, well, the players can always refuse the ring, it's been done before.
    I'm not bent out of shape. I made a statement. Keon asked a question. I explained. You guys came in for cross examinations. The judge concluded its silly to argue about someone's opinion of something.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I'm not bent out of shape. I made a statement. Keon asked a question. I explained. You guys came in for cross examinations. The judge concluded its silly to argue about someone's opinion of something.
      You couldn't believe it was even real, it was such an outlandish idea to you.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Ah, yes. The championship parade is over and RR is back doing what RR does best. Finding something... anything... to argue about. lol. Off-season training has begun.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

You couldn't believe it was even real, it was such an outlandish idea to you.
          You seem to be making a lot of assumptions off a one line statement with no exclamation marks.

Comment

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions off a one line statement with no exclamation marks.
            This post is best when you read it like your avatar is saying it
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Ah, yes. The championship parade is over and RR is back doing what RR does best. Finding something... anything... to argue about. lol. Off-season training has begun.
              What did you say about DeMar DeRozan?!

Comment

Oh, my bad then. I must have misunderstood what was written, as I thought I was pretty much directly quoting your post.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

OG was a Raptors, so yeah.

I've never paid attention to what other teams do in these instances. By now I'm usually enjoying the weather or talking about the draft and FA.
                  This is the root of the problem for you here.
                  Every team I have ever heard of offers rings to players that contributed to the season while ON THE TEAM who are no longer on the team if applicable because they directedly contributed to the winning season. As an aside, they contributed more than bench players who were on the team but never or seldom played.

If you knew that, you wouldn't have been surprised or in disagreement with the normal routine and generous gesture.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

This post is best when you read it like your avatar is saying it
                    KeonClark: Post of the day.

"You seem to be making a lot of assumptions.......off a one line statement........with no exclamation marks."

I will not be able to read another post from Apollo without doing my cheesy Clint Eastwood "Man with no name" imitation voice.

Comment

• Hopefully this settles the discussion on DeMar's reaction to the trade for good.

DeMar was hurt initially but eventually he moved on, and did the classy thing by embracing Masai because he is just a good guy. I hope someday he gets a ring too.

Kudos also to Masai for being a class act:

“To DeMar DeRozan and Casey, Valanciunas, the foundation … these guys laid it out for us to get to this moment and it’s huge,” Ujiri said. “I want to use this opportunity again to thank them. The growth of the team was started by them.”

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Hopefully this settles the discussion on DeMar's reaction to the trade for good.

DeMar was hurt initially but eventually he moved on, and did the classy thing by embracing Masai because he is just a good guy. I hope someday he gets a ring too.

Kudos also to Masai for being a class act:

I think about that too. Or at least be in the discussion. The West is pretty wide open this year, do the Spurs have any off season tricks up their sleeves? Realistically, they're not THAT far out...their point guard missed the whole season last year and has a promising future..

They need to add defense...because a lot of their heavy minutes guys severely lack at it
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Delon Wright gets $10M/year. Ex-Raptors getting paid is great for our reputation as a premier player development destination. Allows us to pick up undervalued pieces, developthem and trade up for bigger stars and/or flip for picks or other assets.

Comment

Delon Wright gets $10M/year. Ex-Raptors getting paid is great for our reputation as a premier player development destination. Allows us to pick up undervalued pieces, developthem and trade up for bigger stars and/or flip for picks or other assets.

He’s a great fit in Dallas. They did really well for themselves.

Comment

Delon Wright gets $10M/year. Ex-Raptors getting paid is great for our reputation as a premier player development destination. Allows us to pick up undervalued pieces, developthem and trade up for bigger stars and/or flip for picks or other assets.

Never understood when fans want these dudes to fail. It only looks good for organization.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Delon Wright is one of the good guys.
                                But holy crap guys make $10M per year for just being decent at throwing a round ball through a round hoop....

Comment

Working...
                                X