Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Thanks. I'll wear my dunce cap with pride today
    For the future, leave my boy JV the hell alone

Comment

• Man, Kawhi is good. And Pat Pat could be big for the Clips this year. (Zubac too, if they can elevate those two into high end roleplayers their depth takes a big step forward).

Comment

• I'm actually really happy for 2Pat. Hope he has a good year. He was lights out last night.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            These sorts of plays are why JV so often loses his coach's confidence. Casey was always quick with the sub trigger with JV. I'm not watching the game, but looks like MEM's coach is falling into a similar trap - JV has 16 and 11, plus 4 assists and 2 block, and is +10, in 19 minutes, and hasn't played since the 3rd Q. Maybe he got hurt, I'm not sure, but more likely the coach decided it was winning time and couldn't risk any more plays like that one, and so Memphis went on to blow it and end up in OT, though I see they appear to have won it on a buzzer beater 3 pointer in OT.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

These sorts of plays are why JV so often loses his coach's confidence. Casey was always quick with the sub trigger with JV. I'm not watching the game, but looks like MEM's coach is falling into a similar trap - JV has 16 and 11, plus 4 assists and 2 block, and is +10, in 19 minutes, and hasn't played since the 3rd Q. Maybe he got hurt, I'm not sure, but more likely the coach decided it was winning time and couldn't risk any more plays like that one, and so Memphis went on to blow it and end up in OT, though I see they appear to have won it on a buzzer beater 3 pointer in OT.
              He had a great game. That clip was just funny lool. Apparently he's on minutes restrictions because of injury he sustained in preseason. So there's hope he'll get minutes
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I agree with you, Dan. I watched the last stretch of overtime and Memphis looked awful without a true center out there. They missed a rebound so badly on the second last play — I thought for sure they were cooked. Crowder hit the miracle shot thankfully for the win. (FUCK BROOKLYN)

Feel bad for JV though. Had hoped he’d ended up in an environment that wouldn’t be so allergic to a traditional center getting opportunities when it counts.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Ha Ha. How many people does Kyrie "freeze?" It's not a JV problem, it's a Kyrie talent.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Ha Ha. How many people does Kyrie "freeze?" It's not a JV problem, it's a Kyrie talent.
                    lol. Kyrie reminds me of the point guard version of VC. He embarasses guys regularly on the nightly highlight reel, but his team takes the L.

Comment

• Friday was only Wright’s second game as a Maverick, but Carlisle certainly did not lightly offer this assessment of Wright’s 20-point, 7-rebound, 3-assist, 5-steal performance:

“Delon Wright’s game tonight, we haven’t seen defense like that since Jason Kidd was here. The play at the end where he stole the ball on the rebound really was a microcosm of the night that he had.”
                      https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/ma...ke-jason-kidd/
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

lol. Kyrie reminds me of the point guard version of VC. He embarasses guys regularly on the nightly highlight reel, but his team takes the L.
                        Hey man, he was really good being prime Lebrons side kick, just like Eric Snow in 2007
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I still don't understand why we needed to include Wright in the Gasol deal. Probably doesn't matter anyway since Nurse straight-up hated Delon, and we weren't going to re-sign him anyway. Flipping him for a 2nd round pick would have been the best we could do with that asset. That said, this year we could really use a ball-handling guard who can guard multiple positions.

Comment

I still don't understand why we needed to include Wright in the Gasol deal. Probably doesn't matter anyway since Nurse straight-up hated Delon, and we weren't going to re-sign him anyway. Flipping him for a 2nd round pick would have been the best we could do with that asset. That said, this year we could really use a ball-handling guard who can guard multiple positions.
                            Probably because Memphis wanted him? They flipped him for two 2nd round picks themselves.

And yeah we weren't going to be re-signing Wright. He'd have been hunting term.

I'm actually perfectly happy with our guard depth. Between Davis, Thomas and Norm there is no reason why Lowry and FVV need to be overworked.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I still don't understand why we needed to include Wright in the Gasol deal. Probably doesn't matter anyway since Nurse straight-up hated Delon, and we weren't going to re-sign him anyway. Flipping him for a 2nd round pick would have been the best we could do with that asset. That said, this year we could really use a ball-handling guard who can guard multiple positions.
                              Wright's problem is consistency. He's terrific one game and invisible for a week. He's played three games in Dallas and he's been: terrible, great and mediocre in turn. I hope he figures it out in Dallas but that's the reason he wasn't trusted as a long term piece in Toronto.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Wright's problem is consistency. He's terrific one game and invisible for a week. He's played three games in Dallas and he's been: terrible, great and mediocre in turn. I hope he figures it out in Dallas but that's the reason he wasn't trusted as a long term piece in Toronto.
                                And FVV was so consistent last year? Off the bench? Nope - we scrapped bench mob mainly because he couldn't keep that unit afloat. It was only when we surrounded Fred with a minimum of 2-3 starters & playmakers that he was able to be a positive - an opportunity that Wright never got. Some player's get ideal conditions to shine with their weaknesses protected.... other guys just have to figure it out on their own. Nurse just didn't like Wright, for reasons only he knows. But it wasn't just because of 'consistency'. Wright's lack of 3-pt shooting vs. FVV would be a much better argument.

Comment

Working...
                                X