Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

And FVV was so consistent last year? Off the bench? Nope - we scrapped bench mob mainly because he couldn't keep that unit afloat. It was only when we surrounded Fred with a minimum of 2-3 starters & playmakers that he was able to be a positive - an opportunity that Wright never got. Some player's get ideal conditions to shine with their weaknesses protected.... other guys just have to figure it out on their own. Nurse just didn't like Wright, for reasons only he knows. But it wasn't just because of 'consistency'. Wright's lack of 3-pt shooting vs. FVV would be a much better argument.
    Well, I'll go with 'transparent reason that is obvious based on years of results' versus 'coach just didn't like him and tanked his career for reasons unknown'.

FVV played his way into the lineup and Wright played his way out. This happened with both Casey and Nurse. Did Casey hate Delon, too?

Comment

• Delon seems to be perpetually hurt. I like Delon more than Norm. I would have rather moved Norm, but Delon was on a rookie deal and it was easier to package him with JV for Gasol.

Delon is lacking confidence as well. If he had Fred's cojones, he'd be the better guard.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Delon seems to be perpetually hurt. I like Delon more than Norm. I would have rather moved Norm, but Delon was on a rookie deal and it was easier to package him with JV for Gasol.

Delon is lacking confidence as well. If he had Fred's cojones, he'd be the better guard.
        People also forget Delon is 27... Those braces really fooled us. He isn't exactly going to improve much more. What you see if what you get.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Danny looking pretty good with Lebron and co. They're going to be pretty good once they have Kuzma and Rondo back in the rotation. But they're going to be very dependent on Danny's shooting all year.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Well, I'll go with 'transparent reason that is obvious based on years of results' versus 'coach just didn't like him and tanked his career for reasons unknown'.

FVV played his way into the lineup and Wright played his way out. This happened with both Casey and Nurse. Did Casey hate Delon, too?
            Delon played his way out of the rotation under Casey? Where did that revisionist take come from? He was entrenched in the vaunted bench mob all year long and probably had his best game as a Raptor in the playoffs vs the Wiz.... under Casey.

Comment

• I love seeing the Clippers lose. They'll be tough when PG is back though.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                I love seeing the Clippers lose. They'll be tough when PG is back though.
                They could lead the league wire to wire when PG is back. I only hope they can pull a Houston Astros and lose in the finals or before....anyone but the Lakers though

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

People also forget Delon is 27... Those braces really fooled us. He isn't exactly going to improve much more. What you see if what you get.
                  lol

He reminded me of that Eddie Murphy character in that movie..you know the movie, with the guy, who did the stuff. Anyway, Delon:

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Masai-Delon you want a ring?

Delon

Comment

• Former Raptor Ed Davis has fractured his left fibula

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                        Former Raptor Ed Davis has fractured his left fibula
                        Tough blow for the Jazz. He's an important piece off the bench.

Comment

• so kawhi is far and away the NBA's best player at this point, right?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            so kawhi is far and away the NBA's best player at this point, right?
                            Certainly looks like it...

Its him and the alphabet at the front of the MVP parade right now with a pretty wide gap to the next guys.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                              so kawhi is far and away the NBA's best player at this point, right?
                              Naah its Bruno

Comment

• Ok... this no longer applies here given the title of this thread ... but thanks for the memories Jose.

Comment

Working...
                                X