Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    I was watching Raptor TV and showing a classic. It seems one alumni who never gets a mention or shows his face it seems is Antonio Davis .
    We were actually just debating a few weeks ago the best Centre in Raptors History. I had Davis behind JV but i did really enjoy watching him. That team with Davis, JYD, Alvin and Carter is what i grew up on.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

I was watching Raptor TV and showing a classic. It seems one alumni who never gets a mention or shows his face it seems is Antonio Davis .
      Davis was a boss.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

We were actually just debating a few weeks ago the best Centre in Raptors History. I had Davis behind JV but i did really enjoy watching him. That team with Davis, JYD, Alvin and Carter is what i grew up on.
        If you have him that high he is very important to the Raptors history but it seems during the playoff run where a lot of old Raptors showed up he really wasn't mentioned or attended any of the games ..

Comment

If you have him that high he is very important to the Raptors history but it seems during the playoff run where a lot of old Raptors showed up he really wasn't mentioned or attended any of the games ..
          I feel like I saw him in the arena for a game once on the broadcast a couple years back... Can't be certain though. But I think you're right that he wasn't here at all for the Championship run -- which is too bad, cause he's definitely one of our all-time greats, as well as one of our most likable. Be nice to give the man a video tribute.

Comment

Antonio Davis deserves d*ck squat honors and tributes from Toronto. He forced his way out of town in a trade demand and sh*t on the country of Canada, Bosh-style, on his way out:

Antonio Davis is concerned about his children's future. And that may pose a problem for Toronto Raptors general manager Glen Grunwald, who hopes to re-sign the free agent this summer.

In an interview with American syndicated talk show host Jim Rome, Davis said that he was concerned that his six-year-old twins, Antonio Jr. and Kaela, were learning the metric system, and the Canadian national anthem.

"It's just that Canada teaches a lot of different things," Davis said.

"You know, the metric system, when they go to school every day and they're singing the national anthem. Some of those things are going to pass as they're kids. As they grow older, there are some different things they need to learn.

"I'm a little worried about it now because they're really starting real school -- first and second and third grades -- and I think those grades are very important in their learning process."

Grunwald laughed at the interview, and said that he wasn't concerned about Davis' comments.

"Tell Antonio that I will volunteer to tutor his kids in pounds and ounces and gallons and pints (if he re-signs)," Grunwald said with a chuckle.

Bill Duffy, Davis' agent, said that he thought Davis had a great interview with Rome and didn't understand the media reaction from his client's remarks.

""I can't believe the over-reaction to this," he said. "I heard the interview and I told him (Davis) that it was a great interview."

Duffy also defended Davis' opinion about his sons growing up in the Canadian education system.

"I think it was fair and not controversial at all," Duffy said. "I would expect a Canadian living in the U.S. may say the same thing. It wasn't disparagement.
            https://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball...ronto-1.267537

Comment

• JV 17+8 in 21 minutes so far while Bam is 3 for 10. Grizz up 8.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                JV 17+8 in 21 minutes so far while Bam is 3 for 10. Grizz up 8.
                JV doing us a solid.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                    Ah, Pop's has gotten to the "bench DeRozan in crunch time" stage. When even Casey was benching DD in playoff games, the writing was on the wall.

I REALLY wonder what DeMar's next contract is going to look like.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Antonio Davis deserves d*ck squat honors and tributes from Toronto. He forced his way out of town in a trade demand and sh*t on the country of Canada, Bosh-style, on his way out:

Oh don't get me wrong I agree .. I think both Rap fans and Davis are the same page … It's okay if we delete your name from the Alumni books . It would have
                      pissed me off if he showed up last year in the playoffs and said how he enjoyed his years in T.O ..

Comment

• Maybe DeRozan comes back on the vet minimum off the bench lol

Comment

Oh yeah, I kinda forgot all about that.

Sure enjoyed having him on the floor. Shame about the rest.

Comment

What an idiot. You're only worried about imperial vs metric if your only goal is to have your kids be American as fuck. If you're worried about them being successful, then metric is much better to learn (physics, foreign affairs, what have you).

it's funny as canadians we all learned metric in school but we still use imperial conversationally with competence (sports use yards and feet, as does snow and rain, height and weight for humans is inches and pounds) and that was just passed down naturally. Really every curriculum worldwide should be teaching metric. But I digress.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

What an idiot. You're only worried about imperial vs metric if your only goal is to have your kids be American as fuck. If you're worried about them being successful, then metric is much better to learn (physics, foreign affairs, what have you).

it's funny as canadians we all learned metric in school but we still use imperial conversationally with competence (sports use yards and feet, as does snow and rain, height and weight for humans is inches and pounds) and that was just passed down naturally. Really every curriculum worldwide should be teaching metric. But I digress.

you're saying you wouldn't ride something build by these blokes.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Idiot... is being generous. Antonio Davis missed a golden opportunity to provide his kids with a foundation and confident self-image for life, where they don't feel like second class citizens. I hope y'all are enjoying Trump's 'Murricah.

Dwane Casey summed it up perfectly:

Thank you for teaching our all-American family the Canadian way. That being polite and considerate to one another is always the best way. That diversity is something to be embraced and celebrated. That taking the time to learn about each other’s cultures is the surest way to find common ground and understanding. Thank you for making our children feel safe, valued, and comfortable in their own skin. We cannot express how important it has been to build the foundations of who our children are as human beings in a country that shows through its words, actions and laws that all people deserve basic human rights, and a chance to reach their goals through education and hard work.
                                https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...thank-you.html

Comment

Working...
                                X