Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I think we were just talking about this a couple weeks ago. I think Chris wouldn't have been a HOF lock without the rings, some think even the 11 all star would be enough. Its a good debate. 3
    Skill wise Chris is right there in the Webber, Aldridge level. I'm not sold on aldridge being a HOF. Webber could be but he has had all his college accolade stripped so now its a tougher sell.
    I guess without the rings there would probably eventually be a down year in talent where bosh would get in anyways. I feel like Webber might be waiting a long time and i dont think LMA makes it.
    I don't think Bosh is even in Webber's level .. Every team Webber went to he made better … He should be more pissed off then Bosh .. IF Webber played his whole career in the East he would have always been a all star .. Webber was 1 time First team all NBA ..3 time second team all NBA and once 3rd team all NBA . Chris Bosh 1 time made a 2nd all NBA team and that's it .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

I don't think Bosh is even in Webber's level .. Every team Webber went to he made better … He should be more pissed off then Bosh .. IF Webber played his whole career in the East he would have always been a all star .. Webber was 1 time First team all NBA ..3 time second team all NBA and once 3rd team all NBA . Chris Bosh 1 time made a 2nd all NBA team and that's it .
      Just looked up career stats their very similar. Webber had more asts as he was a better passer

Webber
      17,182pts
      8,124 reb
      3,526 ast

Bosh
      17,189 pts
      7,592 rebs
      1,795 ast

Bosh 11 all star really are the trump card if were taking away the rings. CB4 also only played 13 season to Webbers 17
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Just looked up career stats their very similar. Webber had more asts as he was a better passer

Webber
        17,182pts
        8,124 reb
        3,526 ast

Bosh
        17,189 pts
        7,592 rebs
        1,795 ast

Bosh 11 all star really are the trump card if were taking away the rings. CB4 also only played 13 season to Webbers 17
        What is more of a achievement . 11 eastern all-star berths or 1 time 1st team and 3 second team … Being 1st team means at least one season you were one of the top two players in the league .

The fact they are close and Webber is not in .. Then why is Bosh pissed ??? Oh by the way his piers didn't respect him when he played also .. His nick name from Shaq was Repaul ..

Bosh at best is a boarder line HOFer ..

Comment

• Why are people mad at Bosh again? Seemed like all he said was he was disappointed he wasn't able to get into the HOF with this particular class (which is awesome), and the competitor in him doesn't like "losing" like that, no matter who the competition is.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Webber
            17,182pts
            8,124 reb
            3,526 ast

Bosh
            17,189 pts
            7,592 rebs
            1,795 ast

The Sac Kings with Chris Webber as their BEST player went toe to toe with the dynasty Lakers team for 2-3 years. He wouldn've won 2 championships if not for Kobe and Shaq and Tim Donaghy.

CB1 won 2 championships in Miami......as the 3RD best player on the team. He wasn't good enough to lead a team to a championship as the #1 guy.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

The Sac Kings with Chris Webber as their BEST player went toe to toe with the dynasty Lakers team for 2-3 years. He wouldn've won 2 championships if not for Kobe and Shaq and Tim Donaghy.

CB1 won 2 championships in Miami......as the 3RD best player on the team. He wasn't good enough to lead a team to a championship as the #1 guy.
              Bibby, Peja, Divac, Christie Vs Parker, Ford, Garbajosa, Nestorivich.

Comment

Webber
                17,182pts
                8,124 reb
                3,526 ast

Bosh
                17,189 pts
                7,592 rebs
                1,795 ast

In Webber’s defense being a power forward in the western conference in the 90’s and 2000’s really limited your chances of being an all star. Initially it was Barkley and Malone and then it evolved to Garnett, Duncan, Nowitski. I mean those are some amazing Hall of Famers in front of you. I think that has to be considered

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

In Webber’s defense being a power forward in the western conference in the 90’s and 2000’s really limited your chances of being an all star. Initially it was Barkley and Malone and then it evolved to Garnett, Duncan, Nowitski. I mean those are some amazing Hall of Famers in front of you. I think that has to be considered
                  And in those eras he still managed to get a 1st team all NBA …

Comment

Bibby, Peja, Divac, Christie Vs Parker, Ford, Garbajosa, Nestorivich.
                    I know your trying to make a point but Webber as the best player on his team got his team to a Western Conference Final and Nearly beat a Kobe / Shaq Laker team … Bosh couldn't win a round in the East … I am sorry HOF'ers being the best player on their team can get their team out of the 1st round of the playoffs in the East … Dwight Howard and Lebron James had rosters as weak as Bosh but got their teams to NBA Finals ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

I know your trying to make a point but Webber as the best player on his team got his team to a Western Conference Final and Nearly beat a Kobe / Shaq Laker team … Bosh couldn't win a round in the East … I am sorry HOF'ers being the best player on their team can get their team out of the 1st round of the playoffs in the East … Dwight Howard and Lebron James had rosters as weak as Bosh but got their teams to NBA Finals ..
                      Dwight had better teams and comparing him to lebron one of the best to ever do it. Those raptor roster in Bosh best years in Toronto were probably around the same level as the team Lebron led to the finals. Were talking about a bunch of guys who never played in the league again. Garbo was fun that one year but hurt his leg and it was over, Ford had the back of a 60 year old, Calderon was the only guy from those raptors team who went on to have a long NBA career. Vareajao was better then anyone Bosh ever played with

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Ya agreed Webber will get forgotten in history as his prime over lapped with 2/3 best PF ever and 3 HOFers. Still think his talent level is pretty similar to bosh, who will also get overlooked going in the Dwade,Bron, Melo draft. then playing 3rd fiddle for those guys later.

Comment

• Comment

• Kawhi can't carry Clips on his own. Looks like they will be dropping one to the Kings at home.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Kawhi can't carry Clips on his own. Looks like they will be dropping one to the Kings at home.
                              They did.
                              112-103.
                              No PG though

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

They did.
                                112-103.
                                No PG though
                                Is Paul George very often PG these days?
                                Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat Feb 22, 2020, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X