Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh is 100% a HOFer. It's not his fault that he came into our shittiest era of the front office. He put up big stats on a shitty team, but he didn't have a choice but to play for a shitty team... then he chose to play on a better team and he get's raked over the coals for that?! (I was pissed at the time too but I'm over it) That's pretty ridiculous. He took a lesser role on a super team, but was still very important in those championships. Hell. I think if he was paired with just one of those guys he would've won one.

Do we agree that Kevin Garnett is a HOF? Look at his stats when he joined the Celtics and he took a lesser role. Bosh's stats were cut short due to blood clots, but he was trending upward again after the big three was dismantled.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

So Lowry is not a hall of famer then?

Chris Bosh retired at age 31 and he still accomplished all these:

11x star
      Olympic gold medalist
      2x NBA Champion
      I honestly don't care about Olympic medals, especially if won as a member of a stacked US team. They mean zero.

11X all star in the East, good stat but also speaks to the lack of depth at the position in the East.

2XNBA champion?
      During his first chip series, he averaged 14.6 points and 9.4 rebounds in the Finals. All time stuff right there
      During his second chip riding the coat tails of lebron and Wade, he was held scoreless in Game 7 by Tim Duncan, SCORELESS lol

No he's not a HOF and if he is, the bar is too low (not saying that he won't get in, he will)

If not for the Chip, Lowry is borderline and still known as a choker with DeMar. He continued Kawhi's legacy, Kawhi made Lowry's. I want him in because he's the GROAT; still think the bar is too low.
      Last edited by G__Deane; Fri Mar 12, 2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Comment

• Best signing Masai made this year .... is not being able to sign Gasol

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I honestly don't care about Olympic medals, especially if won as a member of a stacked US team. They mean zero.

11X all star in the East, good stat but also speaks to the lack of depth at the position in the East.

2XNBA champion?
              During his first chip series, he averaged 14.6 points and 9.4 rebounds in the Finals. All time stuff right there
              During his second chip riding the coat tails of lebron and Wade, he was held scoreless in Game 7 by Tim Duncan, SCORELESS lol

No he's not a HOF and if he is, the bar is too low (not saying that he won't get in, he will)

If not for the Chip, Lowry is borderline and still known as a choker with DeMar. He continued Kawhi's legacy, Kawhi made Lowry's. I want him in because he's the GROAT; still think the bar is too low.
              To quote Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson: "It doesn't matter what you think!"

The reality is winning a gold medal is a big deal. Christian Laettner is in the HOF because 1. he had a great college career plus 2. he was part of the original Dream Team.

As for Bosh, are you really going to nitpick? 14 and 9 on a team with LeBron and Wade. Of course his numbers are going to be down lol c'mon man.

By your logic, guys like Pippen and Ginobili and Draymond Green aren't hall of famers because they "rode the coat tails" of an all time great player.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

To quote Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson: "It doesn't matter what you think!"

The reality is winning a gold medal is a big deal. Christian Laettner is in the HOF because 1. he had a great college career plus 2. he was part of the original Dream Team.

As for Bosh, are you really going to nitpick? 14 and 9 on a team with LeBron and Wade. Of course his numbers are going to be down lol c'mon man.

By your logic, guys like Pippen and Ginobili and Draymond Green aren't hall of famers because they "rode the coat tails" of an all time great player.
                Like I said, the bar is generally too low anyway. and yah, Olympic medals mean jack, ESPECIALLY the dream team medal. That was shameful and a disgrace lol

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  Best signing Masai made this year .... is not being able to sign Gasol
                  I think this is more a matter of the Lakers, as ever, not really knowing what makes players good or bad or how to use them. If they thought signing him at the minimum to be their full time C who can carry lineups even when Davis is out of the lineup...
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Serge Ibaka's stats are all down compared to his Toronto days
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Serge Ibaka's stats are all down compared to his Toronto days
                      He finally admitted he's 35 not 29

Comment

Per 36 his numbers are pretty comparable, he's playing a bit less, getting a couple fewer shots, and moving the ball a bit more (assists up). Basically looks like a guy who dropped a peg or two down the totem pole.

Which leads back to the whole "insulted they still wanted Gasol so I went to LA" thing. I love Serge but something about that did not sound right. Yes Toronto offered only 1 year, but they offered him more $$$ for that year. He took less per year to go to LA to get 1 extra year. And at his age, he'd definitely be eligible for another good contract this summer if he had taken a 1 year deal, he's not 37 or something (probably). And yeah, for a guy who was apparently miffed to be slotted in behind Gasol, he's now on a team that's using him even less than the Raptors did. And given that Gasol took off, if Serge had signed with the Raptors his usage would be huge this season. Bit of irony there.

I've got a feeling Serge wanted to go to LA and play with a superstar on a contender. Think the rest of it is just noise.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

But all of Ibaka's defensive impact stats are waaaay up (DRPM, PIPM, etc.... That was the knock on Ibaka by the analytics guys around here...... that he was a low IQ defender who hurts his team, despite the blocks, etc... That has changed dramatically this year. BBIQ is probably why Nurse preferred Gasol over Ibaka.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Per 36 his numbers are pretty comparable, he's playing a bit less, getting a couple fewer shots, and moving the ball a bit more (assists up). Basically looks like a guy who dropped a peg or two down the totem pole.

Which leads back to the whole "insulted they still wanted Gasol so I went to LA" thing. I love Serge but something about that did not sound right. Yes Toronto offered only 1 year, but they offered him more $$$ for that year. He took less per year to go to LA to get 1 extra year. And at his age, he'd definitely be eligible for another good contract this summer if he had taken a 1 year deal, he's not 37 or something (probably). And yeah, for a guy who was apparently miffed to be slotted in behind Gasol, he's now on a team that's using him even less than the Raptors did. And given that Gasol took off, if Serge had signed with the Raptors his usage would be huge this season. Bit of irony there.

I've got a feeling Serge wanted to go to LA and play with a superstar on a contender. Think the rest of it is just noise.
                            But he's still starting. Never underestimated the pride and ego of an NBA player. And Serge is proud man.

Even Nurse said that convincing Ibaka to platoon off the bench with JV was one of the hardest things for him to do as a coach.

Comment

• How about Terence Davis going off for 27 against Milwaukee last night? Can't say he's missed here, but I wonder if you didn't leave something on the table just getting a 2nd rounder in return.

Comment

• mike, prague wrote: View Post
                                How about Terence Davis going off for 27 against Milwaukee last night? Can't say he's missed here, but I wonder if you didn't leave something on the table just getting a 2nd rounder in return.
                                I think this is one that is going to hurt us. Terrence had a really bad second year in Toronto. So much crap happened with him, and it showed on the court.. but he's a very good player. We saw that last year.

It's only one game there, but that's impressive (despite their team loss). Too much off court drama this year screwed up his head. He was really bad for us this season. But so were a lot of guys on the team.

I would have cut him a little slack since he had the talent. But I guess the team thought they should move on from each other. Hopefully for his sake he thrives in Sacramento. I thought it was going to be tough to get playing time with Haliburton, Fox, Hield, and now Wright there, but he seems to be making the most of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X