Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

That play in tourney is gonna be ruthless out West: Mavs, Griz, Spurs, Warriors. Those are the "mediocre" teams in the West. They'd be fighting for home court in the east lol
    The East looked so promising pre-season, several big stars moving over from the West.

I never believe in all the "Team X should be better this year because ..." predictions. Boston's internal growth from young stars? Not better. Big names arrive on teams like the Wizards? Doesn't matter. So many intangibles that don't come together for teams.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I understand the purpose of a big man dropping on screen and roll coverage but, as ever, thank you for your condescending explanation so that us rubes can follow along.

As for aggregated DRTG numbers, those are nice (good for Memphis being top-10) but the fact remains you can exploit him defensively in screen and roll and this isn't some far-fetched theory held by a small group of JV haters and it isn't a minor problem. It is what it is. Memphis has been shifting him around defensively (guarding Thad Young late in the Bulls game) to avoid the situation.
      Maybe, but all of the individual advanced stats (e.g. DRPM, D-LEBRON, D-RAPTOR, D-EPM, DWS, etc...) also point to JV being a net positive on defense these days. He could still have problems with PnR coverage, as you say, but whatever else he's doing on defense appears to outweigh that in huge positive way.... assuming his PnR coverage is still a big issue.

Comment

• You have only one HOF vote and you have to choose between LaMarcus Aldridge or Chris Bosh ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
          You have only one HOF vote and you have to choose between LaMarcus Aldridge or Chris Bosh ..
          I changed my mind from yesterday.. Bosh because he has an Olympic gold and a Fiba bronze. LMA did not play international basketball as far as I can tell. So Bosh has the better basketball resume (and for the HOF it's not just NBA but all of basketball). I don't consider Bosh's rings when voting here.

Comment

You have only one HOF vote and you have to choose between LaMarcus Aldridge or Chris Bosh ..
            Bosh - and it's not really close either.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Bosh - and it's not really close either.
              You should trademark "it's not really close either" TM

Comment

• https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1884085315719

Norm Powell on discrimination by the police, leaving the Raptors
                and his love for Toronto
                Last edited by G__Deane; Sun Apr 18, 2021, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• #NotClutch

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I changed my mind from yesterday.. Bosh because he has an Olympic gold and a Fiba bronze. LMA did not play international basketball as far as I can tell. So Bosh has the better basketball resume (and for the HOF it's not just NBA but all of basketball). I don't consider Bosh's rings when voting here.
                      Well it's official . Chris Bosh is a HOF'er .. Sorry but I think if you have longevity and have put up all time stats or was the best player on a team that had constant playoff success then you should be in but Chris Bosh had neither . Garnett led a Wolves team to Conference Finals against the Lakers ..

Comment

Well it's official . Chris Bosh is a HOF'er .. Sorry but I think if you have longevity and have put up all time stats or was the best player on a team that had constant playoff success then you should be in but Chris Bosh had neither . Garnett led a Wolves team to Conference Finals against the Lakers ..
                        Yeah but the hall has lots of guys that were good players on championship teams, but didn't lead a team to conference finals singlehandedly. KC Jones is in. James Worthy is in. Dennis Johnson is in.

KG is more deserving, but it's not about who's more deserving. There is a bar, and Bosh got over it.

Comment

• JV against DeMar in the play in game. That's why this thread was created. Good luck to both

Comment

• When it's a toss up or no-dog-in-the-fight game, I always choose the small market team.
                            Spurs have had enough success.

Go Grizz.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              JV against DeMar in the play in game. That's why this thread was created. Good luck to both
                              JV was a beast !!! 23 points and 23 boards !!! Gasol DNP on the stat line . I don't that is what he signed for when he went to the Lakers

Comment

• JV was built for half court play, what a game by the big man.

Comment

Working...
                                X