Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

It would be more natural if Kawhi had a basketball in his hands & was spinning it around rather than looking like the awkward background dancer that doesn't really want to be there in some elementary school play.
    That's the joke
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Chris Bosh I wished would prove me wrong but noooo . I think he mentioned The Toronto Raptors for less then 2 seconds in his HOF speech . I swear if somebody sneezed while listening to him they would have thought he played for the HEAT for all of his career .

Comment

• Good! I havent been talking about him either

Comment

• Bosh is too damn weird man. Why not give the Raptors love? He spent 7 seasons there. Made the all-star game in 5 of them. Without those, he would not have made the hall. Team success is definitely important, but the Raptors developed him so that he could get to the top of that mountain.

Oh well, whatever.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Bosh is too damn weird man. Why not give the Raptors love? He spent 7 seasons there. Made the all-star game in 5 of them. Without those, he would not have made the hall. Team success is definitely important, but the Raptors developed him so that he could get to the top of that mountain.

Oh well, whatever.
                Yeah, that was a classless move by Bosh, in an otherwise great speech. Not even a non heart-felt thank you to Grunwald for drafting him, Sam Mitchell for developing him or Larry Tanenbaum for paying him. Or even just a polite thank you to the fans. It’s like Toronto never even existed.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, that was a classless move by Bosh, in an otherwise great speech. Not even a non heart-felt thank you to Grunwald for drafting him, Sam Mitchell for developing him or Larry Tanenbaum for paying him. Or even just a polite thank you to the fans. It’s like Toronto never even existed.
                  He thanked Heat nation . Isn't that a slap in the face of a fan base that helped you get a starting position at a all star game by helping you get voted in . He should have thanked T.O for drafting him cause if he was choosen by a Westen conferance team how many all star appearances would have he gotten ?

Too me Chris Webber gave a HOF speech . He thanked every organization he played for ..

Last edited by guyroch; Sun Sep 12, 2021, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Sorry to harp on the subject ..

(408) D-Wade, Shaq & Candace Discuss Chris Bosh Needing More Respect | NBA on TNT - YouTube

In this youtube video when people were comparing Julius Randle to Bosh Wade illustrates what Bosh did in Toronto we can't forget . Bosh accumulated the majority of his stats and indvidual accomplishments while playing for Toronto .

Comment

• Bosh is a twat. Was when he played for us, the heat and now. Great talent but never cared for his personality. I still remember his stupid "Should I stay or should I go" tweet before he signed with the heat. Everyone knew he was leaving, always complaining about something stupid (television channels, customs, etc...). I can't blame him for leaving the team sucked, just make your decision and stop toying with the fans, you were prepared to leave long before your contact was up.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                        Sorry to harp on the subject ..

(408) D-Wade, Shaq & Candace Discuss Chris Bosh Needing More Respect | NBA on TNT - YouTube

In this youtube video when people were comparing Julius Randle to Bosh Wade illustrates what Bosh did in Toronto we can't forget . Bosh accumulated the majority of his stats and indvidual accomplishments while playing for Toronto .
                        Well that's where Bosh goofed. He only talks about his Heat days and then surprised when people only remember Heat Bosh lmao
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Also a reminder of how few players, pre-DeMar and We The North, actually expressed much of an attachment to the city or the org. Mo Pete and Alvin Williams I guess?

It's changed completely the last few years, in spite of Kawhi walking. A lot of the We The North players loved the city and had a tight bond. Danny Green gets Raptors tattoos a couple years after leaving. Guys who were traded were disappointed. Guys want to re-sign. Seeing guys like DeMar and JV hug in pregames while wearing different jerseys each - the culture of this org has changed a lot.

A lot of that is thanks to Masai and a lot is thanks to DeMar and Lowry. I really think that culture change is as important as anything DeMar did on the court, and maybe his biggest contribution to the org that set it up for championship success. Because he could have just been another Bosh. Do your job, get paid, leave when there's somewhere else you'd rather be.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Well that's where Bosh goofed. He only talks about his Heat days and then surprised when people only remember Heat Bosh lmao
                            Yeah, for a guy who thinks he's so media savvy, Bosh really needs to leverage his "superstar" Toronto days with better PR spin. That's like 5 all-star appearances wiped off the board by Bosh burying his Toronto days as some kind of backwater afterthought.

That said, you are what you do. And he completely forgot about anybody/everybody/anything connected to Toronto, other than the footnote that he got drafted there and shook Adam Silver's hand. Which means he gives jack sh*t about Toronto. So.... the feeling is mutual. We won without him.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, for a guy who thinks he's so media savvy, Bosh really needs to leverage his "superstar" Toronto days with better PR spin. That's like 5 all-star appearances wiped off the board by Bosh burying his Toronto days as some kind of backwater afterthought.

That said, you are what you do. And he completely forgot about anybody/everybody/anything connected to Toronto, other than the footnote that he got drafted there and shook Adam Silver's hand. Which means he gives jack sh*t about Toronto. So.... the feeling is mutual. We won without him.
                              I think the media and fans were fair to him when he was here and heck even though he has shown over and over he doesn't give a shit about Toronto TSN asks him to cover the NBA Finals for them . You would think that gesture would have given Toronto more then 1 second in his HOF speech . But knowing Bosh he was thinking how lucky Toronto is to get me to cover the Raptors in the NBA Finals .

On another note .. Ben Wallace HOF speech was exactly how he played the game of basketball . Chris Webber HOF speech could go down as a HOF speech .
                              Last edited by guyroch; Tue Sep 14, 2021, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

I think the media and fans were fair to him when he was here and heck even though he has shown over and over he doesn't give a shit about Toronto TSN asks him to cover the NBA Finals for them . You would think that gesture would have given Toronto more then 1 second in his HOF speech . But knowing Bosh he was thinking how lucky Toronto is to get me to cover the Raptors in the NBA Finals .

On another note .. Ben Wallace HOF speech was exactly how he played the game of basketball . Chris Webber HOF speech could go down as a HOF speech .
                                Bosh ran away from his failures to join an ultra-stacked team. He obviously doesn't want people to remember that. I remember him defending that decision in interviews during the Raps championship season by saying lame stuff like "BC couldn't even get John Salmons to come to Toronto. That's why I had to leave."

Ends justifies the means I guess. Even guys like Doug Smith are fawning over his HoF speech and ignoring the fact that he's straight up dissing Toronto, and that he took the easy way out to polish his legacy. Like I said, even if you have wiped Toronto from your browsing history.... how hard was it to give Sam Mitchell a half-second shout out? He helped you get 5 all-star appearances.

Comment

Working...
                                X