Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Ah yes PJ Tucker. Our "Lebron stopper". Then Lebron averaged 40 a night in a sweep lol. Somehow, Tucker goes everywhere and does a great job, but was underwhelming not once but twice in Toronto.
    Gary Trent Jr with Portland did a better job on Lebron than PJ Tucker did.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      That's crazy.. good for Sully!

Random Raptor trivia for the night.

Did you know that we traded Sully and two second round picks for PJ Tucker? Sully's contract was needed to make the math work on the trade.
      The picks that were traded to Phoenix ended up as George King and Alec Peters

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

wow good for him. Lost that weight.
        Are we sure that's him? Also, now there's no way I can listen to that clip without expecting someone to say "Red Light!"

Comment

• Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            He was 7 for 7 from 3 at the half.

Comment

This is a good lesson for 76er's ... You want to win it all then you have to be serious about it .. The Raptors gave up a lot of assets to get the ring ...

Quite the night for ex-Raptors ... JV , DeRozan and Lowry

Comment

• against the Clippers no less

Comment

• Happy for JV. Always will be one of my faves.

Comment

• Another case of a C developing late. JV is 29 and developed a very good 3 ball. He is shooting a league leading 52% from 3. Probably won't sustain that but mid 40s is looking strong, which is still elite.

He'd fit well on the current Raptors but happy for his progress.

Comment

• I was watching highlights of this game and I couldn't believe how confident he was in his shot. No triple pump fakes, just caught the ball and let it fly. Amazing performance.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        Another case of a C developing late. JV is 29 and developed a very good 3 ball. He is shooting a league leading 52% from 3. Probably won't sustain that but mid 40s is looking strong, which is still elite.

He'd fit well on the current Raptors but happy for his progress.
                        Thing is JV was always a good shooter, From the line the mid range on the pop. Hitting those baseline midrangers. Just no one allowed him to expand to the 3 point line on an consistent basis. Even when Casey and then Nick gave him the green light it seemed he had a cap of 1 or 2 a game. Its funny his form is exactly the same as a FT from beyond the arc. Doesn't jump just gets on his tippy toes. Keeping a consistent shooting form all over the court is important and his looks like this isnt a fluke, just finally getting the green light
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Unrelated but was just listening to a show where they run clips from other broadcasts, and I can't believe this didn't occur to me before, but I was blown away by hearing the Swirsk go nuts calling a DeRozan basket. They're back together. It felt like I was in a time machine

Comment

Unrelated but was just listening to a show where they run clips from other broadcasts, and I can't believe this didn't occur to me before, but I was blown away by hearing the Swirsk go nuts calling a DeRozan basket. They're back together. It felt like I was in a time machine
                            I could be mistaken, but I thought Chuck left the Raptors before we drafted DeMar in 2009. I associate Chuck with VC, Bosh and Bargs. I can't even picture him doing a DD call.

Comment

• According to Chuck's wiki page, he left Toronto in the summer of 2008.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I could be mistaken, but I thought Chuck left the Raptors before we drafted DeMar in 2009. I associate Chuck with VC, Bosh and Bargs. I can't even picture him doing a DD call.
                                planetmars wrote: View Post
                                According to Chuck's wiki page, he left Toronto in the summer of 2008.

Comment

Working...
                                X