Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    And in back to back years!

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

There's also always been a huge amount of love for Demar here, and always will be.

Wishing Deebo all the success in the world. You gotta love to see it.
      If we lost to Philly how we as a fan base be feeling about DeMar and even Jonas right now ?

Comment

There's also always been a huge amount of love for Demar here, and always will be.

Wishing Deebo all the success in the world. You gotta love to see it.
        Even at DeMar's peak, RR love was like 10% DeMar, 90% Lowry. And 9% of that DeMar RR love was from Chr1s1anL

Comment

• You know you made it when you have Sam Smith writing about you.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• My memory is what it is but I only remember Demar hitting that game winner against Orlando. Is it possible he hit more in two games than he did in his whole Raptors career?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              My memory is what it is but I only remember Demar hitting that game winner against Orlando. Is it possible he hit more in two games than he did in his whole Raptors career?
              I remember vs Knicks as well. He also had dunk against pistons game winner but it wasn’t buzzer beater.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                You know you made it when you have Sam Smith writing about you.

Maybe a few decades ago. Isn’t he kind of like Chicago’s Doug Smith?

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

If we lost to Philly how we as a fan base be feeling about DeMar and even Jonas right now ?
                  golden wrote: View Post

Even at DeMar's peak, RR love was like 10% DeMar, 90% Lowry. And 9% of that DeMar RR love was from Chr1s1anL
                  One could see the flaws in Demar's game and where we were coming up short and still have a lot of love for Demar.

Do I think we win the chip if we had Demar in lieu of Kawhi in 2019? No, absolutely not (...greater chance with JV in lieu of Marc.)

Yeah, there was of course a lot of absolutely justifiable criticism on here over the years as more often than not, despite so many great performances, he was objectively terrible for us in the playoffs when it counted. There was also a lot of excessive trolliness... which hasn't changed today in relation to our present all-star-level players. Is what it is.

In some years from now will we say Toronto never loved FVV/Pascal, just cause some people can't help but mash the gripe button around here?

Keyboard warriors don't represent the whole of the fanbase.

Comment

• Funny ... watching Heat/GSW...

Lowry got called for an offensive foul and was super pissed. Heat were down 12... ever since then Kyle went nuts scoring, rebounding, assisting, put them in the lead -- and the announcers are like "Lowry's playing BETTER since that foul.." "it's like it made him ANGRY" "he's taking OVER" and on and on, saying it every way except what it is --

and it's like SAY IT --- SAY WHAT IT IS, YOU DINKS

They poked the fuckin bear.

Everybody knows that.

(funny watching the league get seemingly introduced to Kyle & Demar)

Comment

Funny ... watching Heat/GSW...

Lowry got called for an offensive foul and was super pissed. Heat were down 12... ever since then Kyle went nuts scoring, rebounding, assisting, put them in the lead -- and the announcers are like "Lowry's playing BETTER since that foul.." "it's like it made him ANGRY" "he's taking OVER" and on and on, saying it every way except what it is --

and it's like SAY IT --- SAY WHAT IT IS, YOU DINKS

They poked the fuckin bear.

Everybody knows that.

(funny watching the league get seemingly introduced to Kyle & Demar)
                      The NBA folks don't watch enough Raptor to know about KLOE

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

The NBA folks don't watch enough Raptor to know about KLOE
                        How many Mike Conley games do you think Raptor fans have watched? I'd argue that the Raptor fanbase is one of (if not, the) most myopic fanbase in the NBA. They have very little knowledge of what other teams are doing, beyond the obvious mainstream media narratives.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

How many Mike Conley games do you think Raptor fans have watched? I'd argue that the Raptor fanbase is one of (if not, the) most myopic fanbase in the NBA. They have very little knowledge of what other teams are doing, beyond the obvious mainstream media narratives.
                          What does that have to do with what I said?

That applies to every fanbase outside of a small percentage that can actually call themselves basketball fans and watch other teams.

Comment

That applies to every fanbase outside of a small percentage that can actually call themselves basketball fans and watch other teams.
                            Yeah, AI, that was more in response to GB's post. Like, Raptor fans seem so sensitive now that the league supposedly didn't appreciate the special talents of Lowry/DD until now. I don't think that's true. We got a ton of coverage in their peak Raptor days, but unfortunately most non-Raptor fans remember how it ended (in playoff sweeps & Lebrontos), because that's when you get the most attention from other fanbases.

I mean, Lowry did get his flowers during the championship run and especially the year after with the honorable Kawhi-less championship defense. And DeMar never hit back-to-back ridiculous game winners and was never the top Mr. 4th Quarter performer in the league until this year.

Both guys are multi-mutli All-Stars too. I guess I don't really understand where the "NBA never noticed Kyle & DeMar" narrative is coming from.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, AI, that was more in response to GB's post. Like, Raptor fans seem so sensitive now that the league supposedly didn't appreciate the special talents of Lowry/DD until now. I don't think that's true. We got a ton of coverage in their peak Raptor days, but unfortunately most non-Raptor fans remember how it ended (in playoff sweeps & Lebrontos), because that's when you get the most attention from other fanbases.

I mean, Lowry did get his flowers during the championship run and especially the year after with the honorable Kawhi-less championship defense. And DeMar never hit back-to-back ridiculous game winners and was never the top Mr. 4th Quarter performer in the league until this year.

Both guys are multi-mutli All-Stars too. I guess I don't really understand where the "NBA never noticed Kyle & DeMar" narrative is coming from.
                              Hey! Raptors fans have been insecure, defensive, and jilted for over 25 years now, and I'll be damned if I let a single championship banner change that!
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, AI, that was more in response to GB's post.
                                golden knows the rules.

?

Comment

Working...
                                X