Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
    Jv says he misses Toronto, let's fix this.
    Man, JV has really improved. Still can't guard out on the perimeter, but he completely owns the paint on both ends.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Man, JV has really improved. Still can't guard out on the perimeter, but he completely owns the paint on both ends.
      On offense, he still seals his man in the paint and then gets looked off.

Comment

Still never wins anything though. New Orleans sucks, as Memphis sucked last year but are now really good since they went smaller and made Jaren Jackson their 5.

Credit to JV for surviving the "traditional 5 mass extinction", but he may still be on borrowed time.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Still never wins anything though. New Orleans sucks, as Memphis sucked last year but are now really good since they went smaller and made Jaren Jackson their 5.

Credit to JV for surviving the "traditional 5 mass extinction", but he may still be on borrowed time.
          steven adams essentially replaced JV's mins from last year.

but that's not why they are better. they are better because JJJ is healthy and actually playing this year, desmond bane improved massively, and ja morant took a superstar leap.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

steven adams essentially replaced JV's mins from last year.

but that's not why they are better. they are better because JJJ is healthy and actually playing this year, desmond bane improved massively, and ja morant took a superstar leap.
            Ah yes you're right. I watched them start JJJ last night vs Lakers and forgot about Adams. But, even still, Adams can stay on the floor with his defense a lot longer than JV.

Comment

Ah yes you're right. I watched them start JJJ last night vs Lakers and forgot about Adams. But, even still, Adams can stay on the floor with his defense a lot longer than JV.
              well adams is playing less minutes for them this year than JV did last year. i dunno i think adams is kinda overrated at this point. he doesn't guard well in space either, which is JV's biggest weakness. i'm not convinced that they are better off with adams than they would be with JV. maybe a slight downgrade defensively but i think JV would upgrade their offense significantly as another stretch big who can also dominate the interior, unlike any of their current big options.

i think they might be even better this year if they hadn't made that trade.

Comment

Anthony Davis never wins anything, Devin Booker never wins anything, Zach Lavine never wins anything, DeMar never won anything big, Kyle never won anything big until Kawhi....

Comment

Anthony Davis never wins anything, Devin Booker never wins anything, Zach Lavine never wins anything, DeMar never won anything big, Kyle never won anything big until Kawhi....
                  Good point. Except the Kyle part, he won a shit ton all the time before kawhi showed up, except Vs lebron in May.

Comment

Good point. Except the Kyle part, he won a shit ton all the time before kawhi showed up, except Vs lebron in May.
                    And who was Kyle's center winning a shit ton with him, before Kawhi?

Comment

And who was Kyle's center winning a shit ton with him, before Kawhi?
                      Chuck Hayes?

Comment

• JV's also essentially been miscast as a #1 guy with first the Grizz and then the Pelicans, mostly because of other guys not being ready or missing time (notably of course Zion this year). He's not a #1 and you should expect any team that has him as that to struggle. When he was in a proper role with the Raps he was usually part of their most dominant lineups and played his best ball in the playoffs.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          JV's also essentially been miscast as a #1 guy with first the Grizz and then the Pelicans, mostly because of other guys not being ready or missing time (notably of course Zion this year). He's not a #1 and you should expect any team that has him as that to struggle. When he was in a proper role with the Raps he was usually part of their most dominant lineups and played his best ball in the playoffs.
                          Although I'm not entirely sure I agree, people have said they think Raptors could have still won the championship if they had JV over Marc. JV does a lot of things better than Marc, and Marc does a lot of things better than him, so who knows.

Comment

• I guess we were caught up in JV but did anyone notice TRoss telling Freddy to hold his beer?

Comment

• Terrence Ross to Raptors?
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Terrence Ross to Raptors?
                                Better than Drummond

Comment

Working...
                                X