Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    I guess we were caught up in JV but did anyone notice TRoss telling Freddy to hold his beer?

Feels like we've been talking about #WeTheNorth Era alumni all year.

How it started.....

Comment

• Man I would like to caption that pic. Something like Amir realizing “I’m not going to be here when you guys get what you are looking at, am I?”

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Man I would like to caption that pic. Something like Amir realizing “I’m not going to be here when you guys get what you are looking at, am I?”
        One of my favorite Raptors pics. They look like fresh-faced college interns starting a new job. lol. Lowry had to wear #3 because the face-of-the-franchise, Bargs, had #7.

Comment

• Murmurs of clippers wanting to shed ibaka salary.......how about they take our missing point guard for serge!

Comment

• Serge would be a nice get. Even if he doesn't get much playing time, he'd be a nice mentor for Precious.

Comment

• at 42:38 Demar talking about negotiating his first max and Raptors offered him 100 mil but it ended up being 139. Demar was ready to take 100 but agent did his job
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

at 42:38 Demar talking about negotiating his first max and Raptors offered him 100 mil but it ended up being 139. Demar was ready to take 100 but agent did his job
                I mean, the agent earns himself another 1.5 million dollars going from 100 to 139. I'd be doing my job too
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I mean, the agent earns himself another 1.5 million dollars going from 100 to 139. I'd be doing my job too
                  Those damn agent parasites. From a Raptor team perspective, that's an extra $8M/yr hit on the salary cap that could have been used towards making the roster stronger. Who knows, maybe the flexibility helps us bring in a player that gets us by Lebronto, even once.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Those damn agent parasites. From a Raptor team perspective, that's an extra $8M/yr hit on the salary cap that could have been used towards making the roster stronger. Who knows, maybe the flexibility helps us bring in a player that gets us by Lebronto, even once.
                    That is true but players shouldn't take pay cuts that early in their careers. I'm glad we tried to sneak a low ball deal by his agent, shows were always gunning for value.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

That 8.5 extra kind of went toward obtaining Danny Green it seems ..

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

at 42:38 Demar talking about negotiating his first max and Raptors offered him 100 mil but it ended up being 139. Demar was ready to take 100 but agent did his job
                        Something missing here ? Where is the negotiations ? team offers 100 and they want 139 and you just sign 139 . There is no middle ground ?

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

That 8.5 extra kind of went toward obtaining Danny Green it seems ..
                          It all worked out eventually, but who knows if we could have won with DeMar if he and Lowry had taken Spursian discounts to free up cap.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Something missing here ? Where is the negotiations ? team offers 100 and they want 139 and you just sign 139 . There is no middle ground ?
                            Well I'm sure the negotiations started at the max on the agent's end. Never mind that I'm pretty sure it was 4 years 100, versus 5 years 139. So part of it was adding the player option final season more so than a massive AAV difference.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Johnson says he needed that career-altering honesty from Ujiri.

“That was a real honest conversation. That’s what I needed to hear,” Johnson said. “In the NBA, honesty is not always the first and foremost thing that people want to give you because it’s not the easiest thing to say to people that are professionals. I’ve been playing basketball all my life. I’m pretty damn good at basketball, so to tell me I’m bad at basketball, it’s a hard conversation to have with a professional athlete.

“It takes a different type of man to tell you that to your face and not in a pessimistic way, in a constructive way. What are you going to do? Are you going to take [it poorly] or are you going to do something about it? I felt like I want to do something about it. I’m 25 years old. I know I’ve been fortunate. I’ve been in the league for a long time because I got in early, but I’m not even anywhere close to my prime, anywhere close to the player that I can be in my life.”
                              https://theundefeated.com/features/f...th-the-lakers/

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Masai told a player hes a bad player to his face? Damn lol

Comment

Working...
                                X