Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    We could use a guy like JV

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The reeling Los Angeles Lakers were booed for much of the second half in a 125-95 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans on Sunday night.

CJ McCollum scored 22 points and former Toronto Raptors centre Jonas Valanciunas and Brandon Ingram added 19 apiece for the Pelicans.

The 28-point margin of victory is the largest in franchise history by the Pelicans over the Lakers, surpassing their 139-117 win in 2018.

McCollum has six straight 20-point games. He is averaging 28 points in his seven games with the Pelicans since being acquired from Portland on Feb. 8. He had nine points in the third quarter when New Orleans went on a 26-7 run over four-plus minutes to put the game away.

Valanciunas also had 10 rebounds for his 37th double-double of the season, which is tied for third in the NBA.
    JV got us Gasol and an NBA Title. The juice was worth the squeeze. Glad he's playing well though, he was always a fan favorite.

Comment

• #LowryCulture

Miami has drawn 82 charges this season. The Rockets are second with 46, and they're closer to 28th (the Suns with 13) than they are to the Heat.

Most charges drawn:
      1. Miami, 82
      2. Houston, 46
      3. Dallas, 43
      4. Minnesota, 41
      5. Lakers, 40
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        #LowryCulture

[B]
        6. Thad Young 2 in 2 games

Comment

• Raps could use VC and Alvin right about now. 45 year old VC would automatically be the best SG on the team.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              Great answer. He finally seems at peace and completely moved on. This was like real breakup shit lol
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Great answer. He finally seems at peace and completely moved on. This was like real breakup shit lol
                A reunion in the future is still possible. DeRozan will be one of the top FA in the 2024 offseason and we'll have clean books by then.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

A reunion in the future is still possible. DeRozan will be one of the top FA in the 2024 offseason and we'll have clean books by then.
                  No
                  Just no.
                  I can't stand revolving players.
                  Don't know why, just see him regressing back in Toronto.

But at least he's one FA who just might consider signing here. Just see it being an overpay.

Comment

No
                    Just no.

But at least he's one FA who just might consider signing here. Just see it being an overpay.
                    Don't get ahead of yourself. We can freak out / get excited in 2024.

I also don't understand the mentality that bringing back a player who is in the running for MVP is a bad thing because he used to play for us.

Comment

No
                      Just no.

The old days of Playoffs Derozan still haunts you I see.

He has definitely gotten better as a player and matured. As long he proves this year in the Playoffs that he doesn't underperform anymore.

If he is willing to come back, I wouldn't mind it. Although do we want to add another non-3 point shooter on a team full of them? Gotta make some changes at other positions first considering Derozan will likely take over Trent's spot.

Fred/Derozan/OG/Pascal/Scottie could be an insane lineup considering where Scottie could be as a player in a few years.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

The old days of Playoffs Derozan still haunts you I see.

He has definitely gotten better as a player and matured. As long he proves this year in the Playoffs that he doesn't underperform anymore.

If he is willing to come back, I wouldn't mind it. Although do we want to add another non-3 point shooter on a team full of them? Gotta make some changes at other positions first considering Derozan will likely take over Trent's spot.

Fred/Derozan/OG/Pascal/Scottie could be an insane lineup considering where Scottie could be as a player in a few years.
                        My hypothetical was for 2024 offseason when DeRozan is a free agent, and the Raptors could be a clean slate at that point. Only Barnes would be under contract for sure.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

If anything i could see Kyle and Demar reuniting on a different team/ one of the team they already are on. To end there career trying to get a ring together... Even maybe as ring chaser bench vets for the final season on whoever is the hyped title favorite at the time
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

If anything i could see Kyle and Demar reuniting on a different team/ one of the team they already are on. To end there career trying to get a ring together... Even maybe as ring chaser bench vets for the final season on whoever is the hyped title favorite at the time
                            I'd be pretty shocked if Kyle is still playing come 2024-25 season. He should be thoroughly washed by then, unless he somehow pulls a Tom Brady.

Comment

• Amazing how the narrative of bringing back DeRozan has changed. It was something like this, just a year or 2 ago:

Sonny wrote: View Post
                              If you're Masai, would u bring DeRozan back next year?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ballislif...84362413969413

KeonClark wrote: View Post

110% no

DanH wrote: View Post

LOL nope.
                              G__Deane wrote: View Post

I'd be afraid that he'd mess up Lowry. Team chemistry now is so much better than when they were here together.
                              chris wrote: View Post

that's not what i'd be worried about.

i'd be most worried about his defense. i don't think he has the wherewithal to dig down on the ball and recover out to shooters and rotate defensively on a string the way our current perimeter players do.

and he doesn't shoot threes, which is a must for this team.

in many ways, he's the antithesis of a nick nurse player

And then there was this clairvoyant take....

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Id love to see Demar revive a young crapy eastern conference team. Im sure Chicago could get DeRozan for peanuts and would instantly make them a playoff team. Its not like that team is tanking, they just have mediocre ball handlers and distributers. They maybe need one more shooter, but there is enough there for a good offense - of course the defense is another matter.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I'd love to see DeMar on a team we might have to play in the playoffs too.
                                I stand by this too. Ideal matchup is if we can somehow match up with the Bulls. Sadly that looks mostly impossible.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X