Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

I stand by this too. Ideal matchup is if we can somehow match up with the Bulls. Sadly that looks mostly impossible.
    Yeah, most likely we get bucks, heat or sixers. I'd prefer heat cause it'd be fun, 2nd choice is bucks because we can beat them, sixers would beat us in 5 or less.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yeah, most likely we get bucks, heat or sixers. I'd prefer heat cause it'd be fun, 2nd choice is bucks because we can beat them, sixers would beat us in 5 or less.
      Philly not because of Harden but because of Embiid. Embiid can get 35 in his sleep against us. I just think Doc is such a bad coach that he'll hurt them enough to make the games interesting. Harden isn't some bullet proof guy. He chokes in the playoffs too.

If I had to rank the top 7 in terms of who I'd prefer to play over who I wouldn't, I'd go:

1. Cleveland
      2. Chicago
      3. Miami
      4. Philly
      5. Milwaukee
      6. Boston
      7. Brooklyn

* Boston scares the hell out of me. They're playing the right way and their defense is amazing.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Philly not because of Harden but because of Embiid. Embiid can get 35 in his sleep against us. I just think Doc is such a bad coach that he'll hurt them enough to make the games interesting. Harden isn't some bullet proof guy. He chokes in the playoffs too.

If I had to rank the top 7 in terms of who I'd prefer to play over who I wouldn't, I'd go:

1. Cleveland
        2. Chicago
        3. Miami
        4. Philly
        5. Milwaukee
        6. Boston
        7. Brooklyn

* Boston scares the hell out of me. They're playing the right way and their defense is amazing.
        The Embiid stuff is overblown. Even in their blowout loss to the Nets he had a great game. Embiid puts up numbers against everyone. With Philly it's the rest of the team you're worried about.

I did some digging into us vs elite centers to see if they excel against us and they have average games against us. The same shit they do against everyone else. The whole narrative falls apart if you actually look into it. The way people talk about it here is that Embiid and Jokic have career highs against us but they pretty much have average games same as the did the night before and after.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Don't get ahead of yourself. We can freak out / get excited in 2024.

I also don't understand the mentality that bringing back a player who is in the running for MVP is a bad thing because he used to play for us.
          Like I clearly said, I could see him regressing here and the contract ending up being a big overpay (to get a significant FA to come here). I do agree though that he's a different/better/more complete player now. The clutch gene just surfaced late.

Comment

• DeRozan is a lot like LeBron. He's like a robot. He never gets injured. In his 9 years here I remember him missing games once. I can't remember the exact injury but he missed about a month and that's about it.

DeRozan will be 34-35 in 2 years. Once LeBron turned 35 he started getting injured a lot. Expect the same to happen to DeRozan. It happens to everyone. It happened to Kobe, KG etc. Father time is undefeated. So no bringing back DeMar in 2 years is a bad idea. I could him signing a 1 day contract though and retire a Raptor. I'm pretty confident he's going to have his #10 retired here one day.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Sorry if I sound like a broken record ... KG Celtic retirement Jersey ceremony when it was all about the Celtics ... He wanted to give huge props to the city that drafted him Minnesota ( Even though they don't presently have a great relationship ) and the organization .. Unlike Bosh who would want everyone to believe that the his career actually started with the Heat .

Comment

• I consider Bosh just a footnote in Raptor history. Well below Lowry, DeMar, Siakam, FVV, Kawhi, even Vince and several others. His actions and comments post-Raptors are classless.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  I consider Bosh just a footnote in Raptor history. Well below Lowry, DeMar, Siakam, FVV, Kawhi, even Vince and several others. His actions and comments post-Raptors are classless.
                  Bosh's HoF speech was dis-graceful and like you said... just a cherry on top of the consistent shots he's taken at the organization, city & country.... post-Raptors.

You know, even if the guy was completely embarrassed by his inability to lead the team to any level of relevance and didn't want that on his record.... at least give a one millisecond shout-out to Sam Mitchell, the fans & a few of your ex-teammates. I mean, he's a smart guy... he could have spun that as a learning experience or some challenge and obstacle he had to overcome in his journey.

But no... nothing, zero, nada, zilch. It was like Toronto never even existed.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Bosh's HoF speech was dis-graceful and like you said... just a cherry on top of the consistent shots he's taken at the organization, city & country.... post-Raptors.

You know, even if the guy was completely embarrassed by his inability to lead the team to any level of relevance and didn't want that on his record.... at least give a one millisecond shout-out to Sam Mitchell, the fans & a few of your ex-teammates. I mean, he's a smart guy... he could have spun that as a learning experience or some challenge and obstacle he had to overcome in his journey.

But no... nothing, zero, nada, zilch. It was like Toronto never even existed.
                    D Wade was available at #4 and went #5, and though he also likely would have bolted eventually, he was already a top 10 nba player by his first few years in the league. What could have been if we drafted Wade instead of bosh..probably nothing, and it's a moot point because bosh was consensus over Wade and we didn't have a ballsy "Mock draft be dammed" gm at the time.

Comment

• Plus he's ugly

Comment

Plus he's ugly

At least put a picture of actual Chris bosh, putting a picture of an ostrich is offside

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

At least put a picture of actual Chris bosh, putting a picture of an ostrich is offside
                          My bad.
                          Here you go.

Comment

• He made a huge impact on the fan base, found this hilarious article from 2010 which basic premise was "nobody liked you anyway"

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/raptors-f...-bosh-1.589180
                            But it's had no appreciable effect on the club's record -- or fan support.

"I think the team's doing a lot better without him," said visitor Jamie Price from Newfoundland, in Toronto for a recent game against the Los Angeles Lakers.
                            Raptors fan Michael Davis said the offence used to run through Bosh, where as now the club is playing more of a running-style team game -- something echoed by fellow fans Dave McGuinty and Lisa Uggenti.

"I wasn't a great fan of him," Rob Vergura said of Bosh, saying he wasn't an electrifying player when compared to someone like the Lakers' Kobe Bryant. "I much more enjoy the team this year."
                            The Heat have Bosh. But that's okay for some. Nine-year-old fan Andrew Bessling once had a Bosh Raptors jersey, "but it doesn't fit anymore."
                            Turns out, all Bosh wanted all along was people to know he was funny!

But he wondered if anybody noticed back when he was in Toronto. After all the recent attention, he often gets told by fans, "I didn't know you were funny. I didn't even know you had a personality."

Comment

My bad.
                              Here you go.

Comment

• Guys, guys, I got it

Comment

Working...
                                X