Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Yes, Carroll initially earned his JYD moniker and then he lost it quickly after he got paid (by us), happily exchanging that persona for frilly pirate inspired designer outfits... aka Swag Daddy. As a Raptor, DeMarre's main mentoring consisted of teaching his teammates where to go on expensive shopping trips on the road. Fakest JYD ever.
    Ty that's summed up all I wanted to say. Carroll was ultimately responsible for Masai philosophy shift whereby he isn't going to overpay a lot of money no more for a roleplayer on the open market, either will get them for reasonable short term deal or he will create our own home grown one thru the draft or the g league.

Comment

• Carroll sucked here but he did have a good enough career to get that contract. I think he'll be a decent coach.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        ... Carroll was ultimately responsible for Masai philosophy shift whereby he isn't going to overpay a lot of money no more for a roleplayer on the open market, either will get them for reasonable short term deal or he will create our own home grown one thru the draft or the g league.
        Thank you Demarre Carroll.

We, the Raptors fanbase, thank you for the example you showed and the lesson it taught Masai, so early in his career as the best GM/President ever. We can never repay you for what you have given us.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Thank you Demarre Carroll.

We, the Raptors fanbase, thank you for the example you showed and the lesson it taught Masai, so early in his career as the best GM/President ever. We can never repay you for what you have given us.
          Often facebook has memories pop up and 13 years ago went golfing and the biggest story to happen that weekend was getting Hedo Turkoglu .. That weekend we had quite the debate weather that was good news or bad news .. I had to look it up and he really only lasted less then 2 years . Funny how that signing was so memorable for me ie knew where I was when
          it happened .

Last edited by guyroch; Thu Aug 4, 2022, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Often facebook has memories pop up and 13 years ago went golfing and the biggest story to happen that weekend was getting Hedo Turkoglu .. That weekend we had quite the debate weather that was good news or bad news .. I had to look it up and he really only lasted less then 2 years . Funny how that signing was so memorable for me ie knew where I was when
            it happened .

Hedo was a big signing at the time. Pretty similar to the Carroll signing where we overpaid for a role player coming off a good season

My main memory from the Hedo era was "ball"

https://youtu.be/56GL0ayF9Fs

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Hedo was a big signing at the time. Pretty similar to the Carroll signing where we overpaid for a role player coming off a good season

My main memory from the Hedo era was "ball"

https://youtu.be/56GL0ayF9Fs
              That comment drove jack to drink....

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• To summarize:

- They talked a lot of golf.
                  - Kyle said that VC put Toronto on the map and that VC is the GROAT.
                  - VC said that Kyle should definitely be in the GROAT convo.
                  - Kyle said that he will definitely retire a Raptor.
                  - Kyle reveals that he tried to get VC to return to Raps before retiring.
                  - They talked about Scottie Barnes.
                  - The talked about the "shot"
                  - Kyle wants FVV to break all his records.
                  - They talked about the Chris Broussard comment.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• the two GROATs talking about the next potential GROAT

pass the torch.

Raptors franchise are in good hands

Comment

• Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Good for Yuta.

Comment

• Manu Ginobili | Hall of Fame Enshrinement Speech - YouTube

A great listen ... Ginobili HOF acceptance speech ... After Bruce Bowen in people to thank .. Next up was the Red Rocket !!! Matt Bonner ... Quite the impression he must have left that after the obvious Duncan , Pops , and Parker next up was Bowen and the the Matt

Comment

• Good for Svi.

Been a difficult year for the guy as he didn't meet the demands the Raptors placed on him during the season not to mention his country Ukraine is in a very bad war which weighs heavily on him as well.

Svi did show during FIBA eurobasket tournament that his 3 point shot was back and that might be the reason as to why he got a tryout contract and hopefully it will work out for him.

Comment

• Still interested in seeing him wind up somewhere (but glad it's not there)

Comment

• I love that Boston cuts Bruno before camp even started. I wonder if he took a dump in Steven's office or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X