Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post

I agree but his career stats can't be ignored .. He has accomplished a lot ( so far only 46 other players in the history of the NBA
    have had more points then him in ) for being a 9th overall pic . By the end of the year he will have more points then Larry Bird ..
    Absolutely, again no disrespect to DeMar, a tireless worker, he's one of the greatest players ever to accomplish....nothing.
    Maybe he will ring chase like Bosh and close the loop.

If it were you, would you sign for the vet minimum or something comparitively "nominal" like $5M to get a real shot at a ring?

*Bird had 3 MVP's, 2 Finals MVP, is a 12X NBA All Star plus has 3 big fat rings on his finger, not even close to a career comparison, except yah ....points.
    Last edited by G__Deane; Tue Jan 3, 2023, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Absolutely, again no disrespect to DeMar, a tireless worker, he's one of the greatest players ever to accomplish....nothing.
      Maybe he will ring chase like Bosh and close the loop.

If it were you, would you sign for the vet minimum or something comparitively "nominal" like $5M to get a real shot at a ring?

*Bird had 3 MVP's, 2 Finals MVP, is a 12X NBA All Star plus has 3 big fat rings on his finger, not even close to a career comparison, except yah ....points.
      He wasn't comparing the two. There's no comparison. Bird is the second greatest player of all time in my opinion. Guyroch was simply saying that Demar will pass Bird in points by the end of the year. That's it.

Alot of players have passed Bird in total career points but that doesn't mean they're better.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Ok I just looked up the total career points for the first time. Bird is ranked 41st. You have guys like Pierce, Carter, KG, Melo Iverson....ahead of him. That's crazy.

What's crazier is LeBron only has 5K more points than Jordan. This is LeBron's 20th season right? Jordan only played 13 years in Chicago -- really 11 years because he was out for most of his second year because of a season ending injury and he only appeared in 17 games during the 94-95 season.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

He wasn't comparing the two. There's no comparison. Bird is the second greatest player of all time in my opinion. Guyroch was simply saying that Demar will pass Bird in points by the end of the year. That's it.

Alot of players have passed Bird in total career points but that doesn't mean they're better.
          That was MY point, points only tell part of the story, I'd sooner have Bird's accomplishments than points....
          And disagree a bit, Guyroch said DeMar had "accomplished" a lot and used points as the direct example.

Neither of us said he's better than Bird, no one would say that

Comment

That was MY point, points only tell part of the story, I'd sooner have Bird's accomplishments than points....
            And disagree a bit, Guyroch said DeMar had "accomplished" a lot and used points as the direct example.

Neither of us said he's better than Bird, no one would say that
            Thanks .. not saying he is better we can alll agree with that but he went from a player who avg less then 20 points per game in his first 4 season to a person who has achieved a lot ( offensively) and when all is said and done he will have a career point totals few have ever achieved .

Harden in his draft class has seen a drop in his offensive output but DeRozan is having a career high in PG this year and that is a credit to him ..
            Last edited by guyroch; Tue Jan 3, 2023, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Demar DeRozan is apporaching 21,000 points .. He surpassed Curry last night and to he casual follower they wouldn't think Demar has more points then Curry .
              Well that lead didn't last long lol .. Curry coming back and Demar injuried then Steph is back in the lead ..

Comment

Well that lead didn't last long lol .. Curry coming back and Demar injuried then Steph is back in the lead ..
                Demar is 33 til August and Curry turns 35 in March
                Who will be productive longer and where will DeMar play next year?

Comment

Damn I feel old. I still remember that 09 draft like yesterday. The Knicks had the 8th overall pick and they were rumored to target Steph, Warriors took Steph 7th overall lol. Now that Steph's off the board, I though the Knicks for sure would draft DeRozan 8th overall but instead they took Jordan Hill. Lol. Raps got one of the best players in franchise history 9th overall.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Biggest star in Paris.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Would people be surprised if I told you Demar is 36 points away from 21,000 ( I know it is in previous posts ) and Paul George is 246 points from 16,000 ?

Comment

Would people be surprised if I told you Demar is 36 points away from 21,000 ( I know it is in previous posts ) and Paul George is 246 points from 16,000 ?
                        Nope, PG has missed a lot more time due to injury.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Nope, PG has missed a lot more time due to injury.
                          People forget how friggin' good Paul George used to be. The same to a lesser degree with Anthony Davis.
                          Now they're just another example of an injury prone what could have been.

Comment

• Say it louder for the people in the back Chuck! HALL OF FAMER.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Say it louder for the people in the back Chuck! HALL OF FAMER.

Chuck looks like he sat in something nasty ....

Comment

Say it louder for the people in the back Chuck! HALL OF FAMER.

Look I want him to be. But like. If you can't win in the playoffs where in basketball the playoffs truly are a good test of who's the best?? (unlike football and baseball). I'm not sure. I'm not hall of fame expert but my reaction is he hasn't done enough, maybe he should make like the hall of fame for Very Good but not Incredible players which doesn't exist yet!

#RAPTORFORLIFE
                                #WONUS ACHIP(SORTOF)

Comment

Working...
                                X