Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

lol, context. After the Kyrie & KD trades, the Nets are absolutely loaded with role players. High-end 3 & D wings: DFS, Cam Johnson, Mikal Bridges, Royce O'Neal. DPOY level defenders: Simmons and Claxton. Shooters/creators: Harris, Curry, Dinwiddie, Thomas. That's already 10 guys who need minutes. Basically, Yuta needs to beat out the 3&D wing group, and those guys are all very good to elite.

Not sure what the contract situations look like, but the Nets could be in a good position to make a consolidation trade in the off-season and go star hunting. Other than Simmons' contract, almost all of their assets have some trade value around the league.
    The context just shows how not good or valuable Yuta is.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The context just shows how not good or valuable Yuta is.
      lol, no. The context just shows that the Nets traded stars for depth and brought in 3 very good-to-All-NBA, starter caliber players who play the exact same role as Yuta, in addition to one they already had.

You can bet if Yuta was waived today, he'd be instantly picked up the either the Suns or Mavs (among others) and be immediately in their rotation tomorrow.

Comment

After all the Yuta gushing here all season, he's effectively out of the rotation in Brooklyn post trade deadline. The last 3 games he played 5 minutes, then 4 minutes, then tonight a DNP CD.
        I was thinking the same thing ..Don't they have a bunch of better Yuta's on their team now

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

I was thinking the same thing ..Don't they have a bunch of better Yuta's on their team now
          They've got a bunch of mediocre guys that are all apparently better than Yuta to the point he's become unplayable.

Comment

They've got a bunch of mediocre guys that are all apparently better than Yuta to the point he's become unplayable.
            Mikal Bridges is DPOY runner-up. And DFS & Cam Johnson are "mediocre" 3&Ds? lol. Keep trying.

Cam Thomas had 3 straight 40+ point games and he's also getting dropped from the rotation. I guess that's mediocre by your standards. Depth = context.

Oh, and I guess you spoke too soon. Apparently Jacque Vaughn loves Yuta so much, he's going to find minutes for him as backup center.

Comment

Mikal Bridges is DPOY runner-up. And DFS & Cam Johnson are "mediocre" 3&Ds? lol. Keep trying.

Cam Thomas had 3 straight 40+ point games and he's also getting dropped from the rotation. I guess that's mediocre by your standards. Depth = context.

Oh, and I guess you spoke too soon. Apparently Jacque Vaughn loves Yuta so much, he's going to find minutes for him as backup center.

The dilemma with the Nets .. They don't have their own 1st round pic and so development and tanking aren't a option ..
              Also benching Simmons which I bet he won't mind won't exactly help his draft stock .

Comment

What's funny is you can tell the coach wants to bench Simmons so badly but they have to keep rolling him out there so they can potentially trade him. Nets actually have 11 playable playoff guys and none of them is named Simmons. What a fall.

Comment

• Simmons is going to be one of those bad contracts that teams keep shuffling along until he eventually gets bought out and then picked up by a desperate team only to get bought out again. A lot like John Wall basically.

Comment

Bridges and Johnson are good, but Nets sent out KD and Kyrie, so 2 for 2 right there, no need for Yuta to get zero minutes. The fact he's losing out to all the mediocre guys you listed is telling.

Comment

Bridges and Johnson are good, but Nets sent out KD and Kyrie, so 2 for 2 right there, no need for Yuta to get zero minutes. The fact he's losing out to all the mediocre guys you listed is telling.
                      Roles. Dinwiddie takes Kyrie's role at starting PG. Bridges looks like he's getting a shot at KD's role as wing scorer. So Yuta would need to beat out both DFS and Cam Johnson, who are both good, starting caliber players, and better than Yuta. Nobody is arguing that Yuta isn't more than a bench depth piece.

But Yuta would still be the best 3&D wing option off the bench for the Raptors, by a mile, and also for the Mavs or Suns. I guess that's the (incorrect) point you're still trying in vain to make (i.e. that Yuta totally sucks and we made no mistake in letting him go) in a round about way.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Simmons is going to be one of those bad contracts that teams keep shuffling along until he eventually gets bought out and then picked up by a desperate team only to get bought out again. A lot like John Wall basically.
                        The good news about our GM is he rarely gives away long term deals like Simmons .. The bad news about our GM is he gives short contracts and as a fan base we always have to deal with " weather he will stay or go " almost every second summer .

Comment

Roles. Dinwiddie takes Kyrie's role at starting PG. Bridges looks like he's getting a shot at KD's role as wing scorer. So Yuta would need to beat out both DFS and Cam Johnson, who are both good, starting caliber players, and better than Yuta. Nobody is arguing that Yuta isn't more than a bench depth piece.

But Yuta would still be the best 3&D wing option off the bench for the Raptors, by a mile, and also for the Mavs or Suns. I guess that's the (incorrect) point you're still trying in vain to make (i.e. that Yuta totally sucks and we made no mistake in letting him go) in a round about way.
                          Cam Johnson isn't coming off the bench and Yuta was never a starter. He didn't take Yuta's spot and neither did Bridges.

Yuta lost all of his minutes to Joe Harris and Royce O'Neal. Sorry but if you can't get minutes over those guys you're not very good.

Comment

• Yuta had the best plus/minus in tonight's thrashing by the Bulls:. -1 in 9 minutes. If you can't get significant minutes in a game your team loses by 47.. probably means you're in the doghouse for some reason
                            Also congrats to former Raptor Ish Wainwright, who got a promotion from his two-way contract to an NBA deal with the Suns
                            Last edited by Ebonhawke; Fri Feb 24, 2023, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Kings 176-Clippers 175
                              Now Kawhi will have to rest for a month

Comment

• Still playing (ish)..
                                Now we can cheer for Mighty Mouse again!

Comment

Working...
                                X