Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    Question ... What is with the field in the 3 point completion ? Bosh , Lowry .. Not exactly guys who I would think of when it comes to 3 point completion ... Would love to see Canadian Nik Staulkis
    They always like to have a big man in the competition, because that's just fun, and Bosh hits 37% on 4 attempts a game and is in the all star game, plus has the storyline of having played here before.

And Lowry has been fantastic this year from three, hitting at 40% on 7 attempts a game. Only guys in the league that shoot better on higher volume are Steph and Klay. Plus he's also in the all star game AND plays for the host city.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      They always like to have a big man in the competition, because that's just fun, and Bosh hits 37% on 4 attempts a game and is in the all star game, plus has the storyline of having played here before.

And Lowry has been fantastic this year from three, hitting at 40% on 7 attempts a game. Only guys in the league that shoot better on higher volume are Steph and Klay. Plus he's also in the all star game AND plays for the host city.
      Good post and agree but wouldn't it be fun to have Nik Staulkis ( a guy raised just 30 km away from the AC ) or how about big man Kelly Olynyk instead of Bosh ...

Comment

• Nick Stauskus may not trail the league in stats, but he's been an awful NBA player thus far. He's a supposed shooter hitting 32% of his 3's.

Don't think it would be fun watching him embarrass himself.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Nick Stauskus may not trail the league in stats, but he's been an awful NBA player thus far. He's a supposed shooter hitting 32% of his 3's.

Don't think it would be fun watching him embarrass himself.
          His head's clearly not right atm...last year & 2 years at Michigan he's +80% from the line, this year he's 70%.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            His head's clearly not right atm...last year & 2 years at Michigan he's +80% from the line, this year he's 70%.
            Shooting in game with hands in your face and not having the green light to shoot when ever you want is different then 3 point contest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuH5mqHKIUk

Non game action this guy can hit the 3's in his sleep ...

Comment

Shooting in game with hands in your face and not having the green light to shoot when ever you want is different then 3 point contest

What? I was talking about free throws.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• T-Mac public enemy number one in T.O at one time ... It was nice seeing him around the all star weekend and heck played for Team Canada on Friday night ..

Comment

Yeah he can hit 3s all day in his dad's backyard, but so can a lot of guys. Most of the league can hit 15-18 footers 80% of the time in an empty gym and many can stand in one place and hit 10 in a row. But unfortunately the nba is played against 7 foot behemoth freak athletes trying to stop you, rabid fans cheering against you and a front office ready to cut you at a moments notice.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Yeah he can hit 3s all day in his dad's backyard, but so can a lot of guys. Most of the league can hit 15-18 footers 80% of the time in an empty gym and many can stand in one place and hit 10 in a row. But unfortunately the nba is played against 7 foot behemoth freak athletes trying to stop you, rabid fans cheering against you and a front office ready to cut you at a moments notice.
                    Isn't there a rule against 7 ft behemoths trying to stop you when you're shooting free throws?
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Isn't there a rule against 7 ft behemoths trying to stop you when you're shooting free throws?
                      I'm speaking about shooting 3s, which is what Stauskas is getting paid to do
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        I'm speaking about shooting 3s, which is what Stauskas is getting paid to do
                        "Free" throws are a bit of a misnomer, since players are paid for those as well.

Comment

• in game free throws is different from practice free throws as well. Fatigue is a factor and definitely mental toughness. Just look at how bad Iguodala was in last year's finals.

Comment

• Good news for Raptor fans ... Nets say no to Bryan Colengelo and yes to no experience Sean Marks ...

Comment

• NBA TV does special on Vince Carter

Vince Carter: The Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy98gQ4k10Q

Question ... Has your feelings for Vince changed .... His years in the NBA span 18 years but his fondest memories and love seems to planted in T.O .

Comment

• Andrea Bargani wavied by the Nets ... Could his NBA days be over ?

Comment

Working...
                                X