Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

Bidding war ? You would have to match his 38 million dollar contract ..
    True, but after this last season and with a few teams in tough spots for guard creation, once you have two teams interested a bidding war is possible. Doesn't mean he fetches a half dozen picks, but might mean he fetches more than he would if there was only one interested team.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah Philly and Milwaukee should be strong contenders for Paul. OKC might be able to get a small bidding war started.
    Bidding war ? You would have to match his 38 million dollar contract ..

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Yeah Philly and Milwaukee should be strong contenders for Paul. OKC might be able to get a small bidding war started.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Milwaukee and Miami have to be interested in Paul as well. Milwaukee is desperate and Miami just got a taste of the finals and will want more, especially if the injury to Dragic is going to be a career defining one.
    Miami is aiming for 2021 like Toronto is. They want Giannis. I don't think they blow that chance for Paul.

Milwaukee has to give up a lot to bring Paul in since they are at the cap. Basically would have to give up Bledsoe, Lopez and Hill. 3 of their top 5 contracts. That's a lot of depth.. especially Lopez to give away.

Philly makes sense too.. and have either Horford or Harris' contract to move with picks. They are the team to watch for to make a big move.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Milwaukee and Miami have to be interested in Paul as well. Milwaukee is desperate and Miami just got a taste of the finals and will want more, especially if the injury to Dragic is going to be a career defining one.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I think Paul ends up in NY. Leon Rose was Paul's former agent and good friend. I could see him calling up Paul to see if he could come to NY to help mentor the kids there like he did in OKC. They could also send a bunch of picks, and have cap space to absorb his contract without having to give much talent back. Could also pair up Shai with RHJ for example.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Quirk wrote: View Post
    So trade Lou Williams, Patrick Beverley, Montrezl Harrel and Marcus Morris Sr for Chris Paul

Paul, George and Leonard.
    Harrell and Morris are UFA's and would need their permission to do S&T's. I'm not sure if either guy would want to go to a rebuilding team like OKC.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

Tons of cap relief, plus some good players. Especially if they like Harrell.
    I really don't think OKC would even consider that. If they want to sell CP3, it will be for prospects/picks to really move their rebuild along, not for castoffs from the Clippers. Cap relief is all well and good but CP3 will likely have a few suitors, doubt they settle.

Leave a comment:

• Quirk
    replied
    Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Why would OKC do that deal?
    Tons of cap relief, plus some good players. Especially if they like Harrell.

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    So trade Lou Williams, Patrick Beverley, Montrezl Harrel and Marcus Morris Sr for Chris Paul

Why would OKC do that deal?

Leave a comment:

• Quirk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...o-acquire-a-pg Clippers Rumors: Kawhi Leonard 'Privately Clamored' for LA to Acquire a PG

Didn't he have 2 already in T.O ? The last time Kawhi requested something ( playing GM ) from the Clippers ( George )
    they gave up all of their future to get him

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    From The Athletic's article on Lue taking over as Clippers' coach..

"Some changes that Lue will bring to the Clippers next season include better ball movement and a faster pace, league sources said".

From Nick Nurse's new book...

"And Kawhi held up his hand and said ‘I ain’t passing for the f—-ing hell of it. My job is to score and draw double and triple teams. When I do, then it’s your job to score.’ And it was very well-timed and very well said by him.”

Apparently the even more interesting tidbit was this here about Kawhi:

"Players like Patrick Beverley, Montrezl Harrell and Lou Williams—Clippers bedrocks before the arrival of Leonard and George—bristled when Leonard was permitted to take games off to manage his body and to live in San Diego, which often led to him being late for team flights, league sources said. The team also allowed Leonard to dictate to Doc Rivers when he could be pulled from games, among other things. Tyronn Lue was on Rivers' bench for all of this, but the Clippers were Rivers' show."
    I don't have an Athletic membership. This came from this bleacher report article here:
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...te-for-flights

Prediction: Bev, Lou and Harrell are all going to be on different teams next year.

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    [FONT=arial]From The Athletic's article on Lue taking over as Clippers' coach..

"Some changes that Lue will bring to the Clippers next season include better ball movement and a faster pace, league sources said".

"And Kawhi held up his hand and said ‘I ain’t passing for the f—-ing hell of it. My job is to score and draw double and triple teams. When I do, then it’s your job to score.’ And it was very well-timed and very well said by him.”
    Can I be in the locker room when Lue tells LouWill that it's better for the team to pass up a good shot, so that your teammate can take a better shot? And then follows with wanting him to switch more on defense

All on a team that doesn't have a 'pass-first' point guard

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    From The Athletic's article on Lue taking over as Clippers' coach..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X