Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Lowry out here doin his best Jerry Seinfeld

“We all were mutually agreed that it was time,” Lowry said of his departure from Toronto, per Jonathan Abrams of The New York Times. “It’s hard to put it into words. It was just time. For me, I knew with Miami it was the right situation, right timing, right place, right people, right everything.”

Obviously, Lowry had more say in his exit from the Raptors than DeRozan, his longtime teammate. In fact, Ujiri even admitted that it was important for optics that player and team collaborated on a deal that would be good for both sides.
    “I had say and I had a little bit, I wouldn’t say power — but I had a little bit of, ‘Listen, it’s not going to be a good look if we don’t collaborate on this together,'”Lowry said. “We all agreed that to be on the same page was the best thing to do, and that was that.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Yep
    Good he looks NBA ready and judging by this clip he also put in some work on his playmaking so I think there is a room for him on the roster next season.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    We still have his rights next season correct?!

Yep

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post

Jalen Druggs > Jalen Suggs

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fuchan
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    The NBA equivalent of asking someone to spend $100 on a gift

What's it work out to, like 0.33% of his yearly salary?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    The NBA equivalent of asking someone to spend $100 on a gift

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    Kyle Lowry opening night stat line is 1-8 from the field with 5 points .. He maybe Heat's version of when we got Gasol . What he brings to the Heat to justify 30 million a year may not appear on the stat sheet . I hope Heat fans aren't expecting a 18 to 19 point a night PG . Cause his first 5 games he is 9 - 34 . As long as they win he can keep up that pace .

I mean, you're right, he probably can only average 12 to 16 per night on an effective team these days. But 1 for 8, and 9 for 34 total, should not be the norm, or they'd have every right to be annoyed

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    No Vince Carter or T-Mac in all - Time top 75 ... Although Bosh I bet 100 percent Bosh is pissed ..

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Kyle Lowry opening night stat line is 1-8 from the field with 5 points .. He maybe Heat's version of when we got Gasol . What he brings to the Heat to justify 30 million a year may not appear on the stat sheet . I hope Heat fans aren't expecting a 18 to 19 point a night PG . Cause his first 5 games he is 9 - 34 . As long as they win he can keep up that pace .

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Still feels too soon to include Lowry in this thread but here we are. Nice interview with him which included this off hand line..

"One day, Lowry expects to retire as a Raptor. Until then, he expects his former teammates to grow into the roles he and DeRozan once occupied."

Nice to see. The GROAT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/21/s...d=tw-nytsports

Thank you, Master Splinter. (Oldie but goodie):

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Still feels too soon to include Lowry in this thread but here we are. Nice interview with him which included this off hand line..

"One day, Lowry expects to retire as a Raptor. Until then, he expects his former teammates to grow into the roles he and DeRozan once occupied."

Nice to see. The GROAT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/21/s...d=tw-nytsports

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

J.V is a relic but he has something that alot of those old school big men like drummond lack.. Toughness, Leadership and has been part of building a young program to a playoff team.. He was maybe the Grizz most important guy in that respect and think he brings that to the Pelicans... It will be less then a month before Ingram and Zion are gushing over his leadership and veteran presence.
    He can also shoot the ball, whether it's from a few feet, the midrange, or the occasional three. JV's got better fundamentals on O than most any 'classic lumbering center' left out there, imo. (save for Embiid/Jokic of course.)

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Good to see JV getting an extension. Lumbering centers are a dying breed, and he keeps getting 'em checks.
    J.V is a relic but he has something that alot of those old school big men like drummond lack.. Toughness, Leadership and has been part of building a young program to a playoff team.. He was maybe the Grizz most important guy in that respect and think he brings that to the Pelicans... It will be less then a month before Ingram and Zion are gushing over his leadership and veteran presence.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X