Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Casey won 59 games without Kawhi, Gasol & Danny Green in 2018. It's pretty much now accepted wisdom that Lowry was the driving force of wins for both those coaches... with or without Kawhi.
    Peak Lowry was a special player.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    Some teams are just able to keep it together through injuries. Raptors were 17-5 when Kawhi was out in 2019 and that was with Nick as the coach.
    Casey won 59 games without Kawhi, Gasol & Danny Green in 2018. It's pretty much now accepted wisdom that Lowry was the driving force of wins for both those coaches... with or without Kawhi.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Knicks are missing Randle, OG and Mitchell Robinson - 3 starters. And Knicks have Brunson and then what?
    Not exaggerating - Kyle Lowry was the Sixers second best player last night.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Some teams are just able to keep it together through injuries. Raptors were 17-5 when Kawhi was out in 2019 and that was with Nick as the coach.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

Knicks are missing Randle, OG and Mitchell Robinson - 3 starters. And Knicks have Brunson and then what?
    Brunson is their Embiid. As long as he's there they will be relevant. If he's out they will not be very good.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

76ers is a bad roster without Embiid. This isn't surprising in the least. They've got Maxey and then what?

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    Nick Nurse's record will be 4-10 without having his all star center man ... I am a big Nurse fan but I was
    expecting more from a Nick coached team even without having his best player .. Remember when Quin Snyder
    was supposed to be this coaching phenom but his Hawks team is 7 games below 500 .. The only coach that
    keeps producing no matter his roster is the Heat's coach ...
    76ers is a bad roster without Embiid. This isn't surprising in the least. They've got Maxey and then what?

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Nick Nurse's record will be 4-10 without having his all star center man ... I am a big Nurse fan but I was
    expecting more from a Nick coached team even without having his best player .. Remember when Quin Snyder
    was supposed to be this coaching phenom but his Hawks team is 7 games below 500 .. The only coach that
    keeps producing no matter his roster is the Heat's coach ...

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Thanks for saying this, was about to myself, people have REALLY short memories apparently.

Would also like to note Precious is only playing so much and so involved because Randle is out. When Randle gets back Precious will move back to his normal bench role. Off the bench his numbers were pretty damn similar to what they were on the Raptors this season.
    He is getting those numbers under a stretch that the Knicks are 1-5 ..

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

Precious had 27 and 13 last year. And several double double, high teens points performances. This year he was bad here, yes, but it's not like he never had successes like that here. It's part of why it was so frustrating watching him most of the time, because he'd have these stretches but would never build the consistency.

Lately the Knicks have been playing him 40 minutes a night. So the opportunity for those outlier good games are way higher. Early on in that run he was barely involved, and they won a bunch of games, but since his usage and scoring started ramping up they've been losing both his minutes and the games pretty consistently.

I mean, good for him that he's posting nice statlines. I do not in the least miss watching him here or wish he was replicating that here.
    Thanks for saying this, was about to myself, people have REALLY short memories apparently.

Would also like to note Precious is only playing so much and so involved because Randle is out. When Randle gets back Precious will move back to his normal bench role. Off the bench his numbers were pretty damn similar to what they were on the Raptors this season.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

The Raptors were once an organization that players who came here gave us more then we thought ( in
    trade or draft ) or in other words over achieved .. This current Raptor organization seems to have lost
    that ability .. Precious had to leave this team to achieve a stat line like that .
    Precious had 27 and 13 last year. And several double double, high teens points performances. This year he was bad here, yes, but it's not like he never had successes like that here. It's part of why it was so frustrating watching him most of the time, because he'd have these stretches but would never build the consistency.

Lately the Knicks have been playing him 40 minutes a night. So the opportunity for those outlier good games are way higher. Early on in that run he was barely involved, and they won a bunch of games, but since his usage and scoring started ramping up they've been losing both his minutes and the games pretty consistently.

I mean, good for him that he's posting nice statlines. I do not in the least miss watching him here or wish he was replicating that here.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Precious with 23pts, 14 rebs & 5 ast, in a loss to the Magic last night.
    The Raptors were once an organization that players who came here gave us more then we thought ( in
    trade or draft ) or in other words over achieved .. This current Raptor organization seems to have lost
    that ability .. Precious had to leave this team to achieve a stat line like that .

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Thibs, COY.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied

Yeah, I'm sure Thad will give his suggestion list to Sally in HR.

Well if this season's vibes ends like last years vibes then the common denotator is Barnes ..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X