Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

They did.
    112-103.
    No PG though
    Is Paul George very often PG these days?
    Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat Feb 22nd, 2020, 09:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Kawhi can't carry Clips on his own. Looks like they will be dropping one to the Kings at home.
    They did.
    112-103.
    No PG though

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Kawhi can't carry Clips on his own. Looks like they will be dropping one to the Kings at home.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

In Webber’s defense being a power forward in the western conference in the 90’s and 2000’s really limited your chances of being an all star. Initially it was Barkley and Malone and then it evolved to Garnett, Duncan, Nowitski. I mean those are some amazing Hall of Famers in front of you. I think that has to be considered
    Ya agreed Webber will get forgotten in history as his prime over lapped with 2/3 best PF ever and 3 HOFers. Still think his talent level is pretty similar to bosh, who will also get overlooked going in the Dwade,Bron, Melo draft. then playing 3rd fiddle for those guys later.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

I know your trying to make a point but Webber as the best player on his team got his team to a Western Conference Final and Nearly beat a Kobe / Shaq Laker team … Bosh couldn't win a round in the East … I am sorry HOF'ers being the best player on their team can get their team out of the 1st round of the playoffs in the East … Dwight Howard and Lebron James had rosters as weak as Bosh but got their teams to NBA Finals ..
    Dwight had better teams and comparing him to lebron one of the best to ever do it. Those raptor roster in Bosh best years in Toronto were probably around the same level as the team Lebron led to the finals. Were talking about a bunch of guys who never played in the league again. Garbo was fun that one year but hurt his leg and it was over, Ford had the back of a 60 year old, Calderon was the only guy from those raptors team who went on to have a long NBA career. Vareajao was better then anyone Bosh ever played with

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Bibby, Peja, Divac, Christie Vs Parker, Ford, Garbajosa, Nestorivich.
    I know your trying to make a point but Webber as the best player on his team got his team to a Western Conference Final and Nearly beat a Kobe / Shaq Laker team … Bosh couldn't win a round in the East … I am sorry HOF'ers being the best player on their team can get their team out of the 1st round of the playoffs in the East … Dwight Howard and Lebron James had rosters as weak as Bosh but got their teams to NBA Finals ..

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

In Webber’s defense being a power forward in the western conference in the 90’s and 2000’s really limited your chances of being an all star. Initially it was Barkley and Malone and then it evolved to Garnett, Duncan, Nowitski. I mean those are some amazing Hall of Famers in front of you. I think that has to be considered
    And in those eras he still managed to get a 1st team all NBA …

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied

Just looked up career stats their very similar. Webber had more asts as he was a better passer

Webber
    17,182pts
    8,124 reb
    3,526 ast

Bosh
    17,189 pts
    7,592 rebs
    1,795 ast

Bosh 11 all star really are the trump card if were taking away the rings. CB4 also only played 13 season to Webbers 17

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

The Sac Kings with Chris Webber as their BEST player went toe to toe with the dynasty Lakers team for 2-3 years. He wouldn've won 2 championships if not for Kobe and Shaq and Tim Donaghy.

CB1 won 2 championships in Miami......as the 3RD best player on the team. He wasn't good enough to lead a team to a championship as the #1 guy.
    Bibby, Peja, Divac, Christie Vs Parker, Ford, Garbajosa, Nestorivich.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Just looked up career stats their very similar. Webber had more asts as he was a better passer

Webber
    17,182pts
    8,124 reb
    3,526 ast

Bosh
    17,189 pts
    7,592 rebs
    1,795 ast

Bosh 11 all star really are the trump card if were taking away the rings. CB4 also only played 13 season to Webbers 17
    The Sac Kings with Chris Webber as their BEST player went toe to toe with the dynasty Lakers team for 2-3 years. He wouldn've won 2 championships if not for Kobe and Shaq and Tim Donaghy.

CB1 won 2 championships in Miami......as the 3RD best player on the team. He wasn't good enough to lead a team to a championship as the #1 guy.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Why are people mad at Bosh again? Seemed like all he said was he was disappointed he wasn't able to get into the HOF with this particular class (which is awesome), and the competitor in him doesn't like "losing" like that, no matter who the competition is.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied

Webber
    17,182pts
    8,124 reb
    3,526 ast

Bosh
    17,189 pts
    7,592 rebs
    1,795 ast

What is more of a achievement . 11 eastern all-star berths or 1 time 1st team and 3 second team … Being 1st team means at least one season you were one of the top two players in the league .

The fact they are close and Webber is not in .. Then why is Bosh pissed ??? Oh by the way his piers didn't respect him when he played also .. His nick name from Shaq was Repaul ..

Bosh at best is a boarder line HOFer ..

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

I don't think Bosh is even in Webber's level .. Every team Webber went to he made better … He should be more pissed off then Bosh .. IF Webber played his whole career in the East he would have always been a all star .. Webber was 1 time First team all NBA ..3 time second team all NBA and once 3rd team all NBA . Chris Bosh 1 time made a 2nd all NBA team and that's it .

Webber
    17,182pts
    8,124 reb
    3,526 ast

Bosh
    17,189 pts
    7,592 rebs
    1,795 ast

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied

I think we were just talking about this a couple weeks ago. I think Chris wouldn't have been a HOF lock without the rings, some think even the 11 all star would be enough. Its a good debate. 3
    Skill wise Chris is right there in the Webber, Aldridge level. I'm not sold on aldridge being a HOF. Webber could be but he has had all his college accolade stripped so now its a tougher sell.
    I guess without the rings there would probably eventually be a down year in talent where bosh would get in anyways. I feel like Webber might be waiting a long time and i dont think LMA makes it.
    I don't think Bosh is even in Webber's level .. Every team Webber went to he made better … He should be more pissed off then Bosh .. IF Webber played his whole career in the East he would have always been a all star .. Webber was 1 time First team all NBA ..3 time second team all NBA and once 3rd team all NBA . Chris Bosh 1 time made a 2nd all NBA team and that's it .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X