No announcement yet.

Raptors are severely underrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like 99% of the time i agree w/ Barkley. I'd put Charlotte on that list too. I think they'er also better than the Heat.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      You'd be happy with a 45-37 finish?

Well, that makes one of us...
      i said 45 and up. do i WANT them to only win 45? no. but my expectations are a bit more tempered than some others here. a 45+ win season is more than respectable for a team that only just turned it around a single season ago.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
        too many small things im gonna disagree with.

we are not underrated. if anything, the expectations for this team have NEVER been higher than now. if anything, theres a bit too much hype going on and even coach casey agrees with that. and pretty much every analyst has us winning the atlantic which means at worst we get 4th seed. i don't know what situation we would ever get 5th or 6th unless nets or knicks somehow go crazy this year.

wizards overhyped? they're the ones that almost went to the eastern finals, not us. and i'm not sure what your beef is with "potential and experience". isn't that exactly what we're banking on in order to get out of the first round?

not going to comment on all of this but i'll say a few things. GV's floater is fucking horrible and one of patrick pattersons biggest weaknesses is rebounding. also, where are these random facts about JV coming from? better positioning? not much of a pump fake? did you even watch preseason at all? rebounding was one of the worst things we did!

why the fuck are wall and beal overhyped but not JV and ross? you completely dismiss 'potential' making the wizards any better but all of a sudden 'potential' of our players means a whole lot? homerism at its best. wall and beal are gonna be the best backcourt in the east. terrence ross *may* be a good and hopefully consistent 3 and D guy. thats about it so far.
        iblastoff wrote: View Post
        i agree with preferring the underdog mentality. at this rate with the hype, if we don't get 50+ wins and proceed past the first round, everyones gonna be super pissed.
        Oh, that's what that rant was all about. I misjudged you. For a while there it seemed like you were pissing up one side of the OP, then shitting down the other side, while poking sticks in every available orifice. Geez, it almost seemed as if you were getting pretty wound up, and already "super pissed" about the optimism. Phew, it was all about saving the OP, and everyone else, from themselves. Damn, that's big hearted of you. Might even go as far as saying it's noble. Good on you!!

Since you've given the gift to so many, I feel obliged to reciprocate with a little observation: You need to fucking chill, dude. It's season opening day. There's plenty of reason for optimism, and fans, young and old, are excited more than in a long time. So fucking what if some are a little over the top with it. This isn't a finals exam, that only you know the answers to.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Like 99% of the time i agree w/ Barkley. I'd put Charlotte on that list too. I think they'er also better than the Heat.

I like how Chuck mentions every other team by name except for the raptors, which he refers to as "Toronto"
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

chico wrote: View Post
            Oh, that's what that rant was all about. I misjudged you. For a while there it seemed like you were pissing up one side of the OP, then shitting down the other side, while poking sticks in every available orifice. Geez, it almost seemed as if you were getting pretty wound up, and already "super pissed" about the optimism. Phew, it was all about saving the OP, and everyone else, from themselves. Damn, that's big hearted of you. Might even go as far as saying it's noble. Good on you!!

Since you've given the gift to so many, I feel obliged to reciprocate with a little observation: You need to fucking chill, dude. It's season opening day. There's plenty of reason for optimism, and fans, young and old, are excited more than in a long time. So fucking what if some are a little over the top with it. This isn't a finals exam, that only you know the answers to.
            No idea what this was about. But thanks for the response regardless!

Comment

chico wrote: View Post
              ...This isn't a finals exam, that only you know the answers to.
              I am SO going to use that phrase as soon as i can in life outside of Raptors Republic.

Comment

Wizard are good not very good. Until Nene expires or gets traded they aren't very good. They also aren't deep.

Comment

Everyone calling the raps overrated are delusional. The Wizards haven't beat a team over .500 yet and people still hyping them up like the something GTFOH!
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

We need to re-visit this comparison in 2 months time when we have more feedback to base our opinions on.

Comment

Working...
                    X