Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three Reasons Why the Raptors won't win a Championship in the next 10 years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enlightenment wrote: View Post
    KD in a toronto uniform come 2016.
    #KDTO2016 ----watch for signs next home game....

Comment

The Raptors need to hit a homerun or two in the draft plain and simple. Maybe one day with Wiggins is a UFA they can lure him back via S&T.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        The Raptors need to hit a homerun or two in the draft plain and simple. Maybe one day with Wiggins is a UFA they can lure him back via S&T.
        They already hit one!

Comment

No, I mean two more. That one is already counted.

Likelihood of them landing an upper echelon talent in the draft is extremely low, I mean they're not winning a #1 pick anytime soon or anything close to it. So, they need to hit on two lower picks, landing guys who can arguably play at all-star level when given the chance. That would round out their lineup nicely, sort of like a Spurs or Pistons championship look. I'm counting for sure two guys in their starting lineup who won't be starting for them when/if they're legit contenders. They're going to have to win a ring man 1 through 15 if they're gonna do this, we need to rule out the megastar hopes because that's like planning your own life around winning the lottery. It may be fun for a moment but chances are you're going to be a complete failure.

Comment

I see Davis as having a similar type career as Derrick Rose. Should be an MVP down the road (maybe even this season if he can get the Pelicans into the playoffs), but unfortunately I see injuries derailing his career much like Rose. Freaking athleticism to say the least, but injuries are the price you pay.

I hope he doesn't have an injury-riddled career and he goes on to have one of the great NBA careers cause injuries are the only thing stopping him from greatness.
            Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

AD is electric but it's hard to build around a good PF. Look at Toronto with Bosh, or Minny with Love. I don't think the Brow can beat any team by himself. He's good but not Lebron good.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                AD is electric but it's hard to build around a good PF. Look at Toronto with Bosh, or Minny with Love. I don't think the Brow can beat any team by himself. He's good but not Lebron good.
                This is sort of true, except for Tim Duncan. And yeah, Duncan can play C, but in this era, so can Davis most nights. He's also got a chance to be one of the best defensive bigs of all time as well, I'd say even much better than Duncan or Garnett (and obviously exponentially better than Bosh or Love). Davis is just a really special talent. And no one beats anyone without help, that's why it took LeBron so long to win anything, and the same for Jordan.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  This is sort of true, except for Tim Duncan. And yeah, Duncan can play C, but in this era, so can Davis most nights. He's also got a chance to be one of the best defensive bigs of all time as well, I'd say even much better than Duncan or Garnett (and obviously exponentially better than Bosh or Love). Davis is just a really special talent. And no one beats anyone without help, that's why it took LeBron so long to win anything, and the same for Jordan.
                  I just think it will be a lot more difficult for Davis to be that successful without help.

I'm not even necessarily talking about championships.. just getting to the first or second round of the playoffs.

Duncan came in to the league with a hall of famer on his team in Robinson. Plus a team that was actually pretty good before Robinson went down. Continued success came when he got to play with other stars like Manu and Parker and now Kawhi. I'm not sure if Duncan could have done it by himself if he wasn't blessed with the help he got when he first came into the league. We'll never know though.

KG was one of the best PF's in the league but couldn't do much until he teamed up with Pierce, Allen and Rondo.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I just think it will be a lot more difficult for Davis to be that successful without help.

I'm not even necessarily talking about championships.. just getting to the first or second round of the playoffs.

Duncan came in to the league with a hall of famer on his team in Robinson. Plus a team that was actually pretty good before Robinson went down. Continued success came when he got to play with other stars like Manu and Parker and now Kawhi. I'm not sure if Duncan could have done it by himself if he wasn't blessed with the help he got when he first came into the league. We'll never know though.

KG was one of the best PF's in the league but couldn't do much until he teamed up with Pierce, Allen and Rondo.
                    Right....and MJ couldn't win without Pippen, Grant/Rodman, Kukoc, and decent role players

LeBron was putting up 60 win seasons in Cleveland and getting them deep into the playoffs, but it was painfully obvious to everyone they weren't going to win anything with his supporting cast. He gets 2 all-stars in Miami and they make 4 straight Finals appearances.

I think NOP has kind of screwed themselves by spending so much so soon on guys like Evans and Gordon (man do I hate Eric Gordon)...but I also really like them adding Asik and Anderson. Their frontcourt has such a great combo of D and O. And I think Evans and Holiday can be pieces on a great team....but they've gotta get Gordon out and improve overall depth (they thought it was a good idea to add Salmons fer chrissake).

Comment

did you guys forget we got Bruno and Bebe mastering the game of basketball in practice right now?

Starting lineup opening night 2017 - Lowry, DeRozan, Bruno, BeBe, JV
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

kopite91 wrote: View Post
                        I see Davis as having a similar type career as Derrick Rose. Should be an MVP down the road (maybe even this season if he can get the Pelicans into the playoffs), but unfortunately I see injuries derailing his career much like Rose. Freaking athleticism to say the least, but injuries are the price you pay.

I hope he doesn't have an injury-riddled career and he goes on to have one of the great NBA careers cause injuries are the only thing stopping him from greatness.
                        That's a good point. What makes Lebron unique is that he's been supernaturally durable throughout his career. It will be interesting to see if Durant or Davis can pick up the mantle, or position themselves to land with better teams and coaches.

In the past 15 years, only 6 teams have won the NBA championship, and 3 of those teams — Pistons, Celtics and Mavs — only got one a piece.

My question is do you guys think Lebron is projected to have an MJ-like career? Because there were a lot of great teams and players (Jazz, Sonics) that probably would have won a ring if MJ wasn't in the league. And do you think Durant and Davis have the potential to hit that level of greatness?

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                          did you guys forget we got Bruno and Bebe mastering the game of basketball in practice right now?

Starting lineup opening night 2017 - Lowry, DeRozan, Bruno, BeBe, JV
                          Unless you want durant coming off the bench and being the best sixth man ever. I would go with a starting lineup of lowry, derozAn, bruno, durant, Jv
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

The Jays finally did it in 92 and 93 after being competitive a while in that era. I don't see why the Raptors can't. I'm not counting chicks yet but this team is heading towards the right direction.

Comment

Davis is going to be the superstar hot on Durant's heels in the same way Durant is right behind LeBron now. AD is really, really good - he'll be a clear and full tier above PF's like Love, Bosh, LA, or Griffin. Those guys are perennial all-stars who get the occasional token MVP vote (Griffin). Davis will legitimately challenge Durant for "best player in the NBA" status in a couple years.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Davis is going to be the superstar hot on Durant's heels in the same way Durant is right behind LeBron now. AD is really, really good - he'll be a clear and full tier above PF's like Love, Bosh, LA, or Griffin. Those guys are perennial all-stars who get the occasional token MVP vote (Griffin). Davis will legitimately challenge Durant for "best player in the NBA" status in a couple years.
                                He'll challenge Durant and Bruno for that status
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X