Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preseason Game 4: Houston Rockets at Toronto Raptors - Mon Oct 11th, 7pm ET TSN4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

OG needs to make a leap as a playmaker to truly take that load away from Pascal. For now, OG being able to take on some scoring load is really good and Pascal being able to slide that combined usage (USG+AST%) down from about 45% closer to 40% should help him a lot.
    Siakam being out was a blessing in disguise and OG increasing his USG while also increasing his efficiency is mind-blowing. Yeah, it's only pre-season, but this is exceeding even the best case scenario. Hell yeah.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    I'm not saying OG is Kawhi but I have a lot more confident in OG's shot now than Siakam. Stick with OG as the go to guy and slot Siakam in as the #2 option just like back in 2019.
    OG needs to make a leap as a playmaker to truly take that load away from Pascal. For now, OG being able to take on some scoring load is really good and Pascal being able to slide that combined usage (USG+AST%) down from about 45% closer to 40% should help him a lot.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    I'm not saying OG is Kawhi but I have a lot more confident in OG's shot now than Siakam. Stick with OG as the go to guy and slot Siakam in as the #2 option just like back in 2019.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Another fun game. OG was awesome. Precious was great again. Loved not seeing Dragic in the opening line up. It always helps when you start games well. Not fair to put OG on Green though Nurse lol.

Trent was meh. Svi was good (his line and Barnes' lines were eerily similar). Was Fred hurt? He hit a 3 and then basically fouled someone intentionally so he could leave, and then headed back to the locker room.

As for the fringe guys. Already saw more from Perry in his 8 minutes than I ever did from Gillespie. Wainright isn't really that good, but he looks like he could be good. I'm really neutral on him. Bonga on the other hand looked great again. I don't really see anything from Dekker that makes me want to see him play again.

So for me I'd go with Yuta & Bonga then call it a day. Wouldn't mind also guaranteeing Champagnie and then giving the 2-way to Bonga instead.

And it was nice to see Birch back.
    Yeah, I didn't understand why Perry got the quick hook in favor of Gillespie. Perry was a bit wild at first, but then he settled down nicely and looked better than Gillespie ever has since last year. Feels like Nick reeeeeally wants to give Gillespie every possible chance to win the last spot. They like Gillespie's personality, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Another fun game. OG was awesome. Precious was great again. Loved not seeing Dragic in the opening line up. It always helps when you start games well. Not fair to put OG on Green though Nurse lol.

Trent was meh. Svi was good (his line and Barnes' lines were eerily similar). Was Fred hurt? He hit a 3 and then basically fouled someone intentionally so he could leave, and then headed back to the locker room.

As for the fringe guys. Already saw more from Perry in his 8 minutes than I ever did from Gillespie. Wainright isn't really that good, but he looks like he could be good. I'm really neutral on him. Bonga on the other hand looked great again. I don't really see anything from Dekker that makes me want to see him play again.

So for me I'd go with Yuta & Bonga then call it a day. Wouldn't mind also guaranteeing Champagnie and then giving the 2-way to Bonga instead.

And it was nice to see Birch back.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Fun first half. Good to see some more of the depth guys in the 2nd half.

They sure seem to like Bonga, he's getting real rotation minutes in the past couple games, and more glimpses than others before that.
    Yeah, Bonga seems the favorite for the last roster spot. He fits the mold of being 6'9 and long wingspan. Seems like with some more polish he could be pretty good. Not sure any of the other guys have that kind of potential.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Fun first half. Good to see some more of the depth guys in the 2nd half.

They sure seem to like Bonga, he's getting real rotation minutes in the past couple games, and more glimpses than others before that.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    - Svi has a little Bogdanovic(Utah) in his game. Biggest surprise this preseason imo.
    - OG *insert wow gif*
    - Precious has to be the starter now. Dude is a beast.
    - Barnes continues to impress.
    - Trent actually played defense tonight.
    - Banton = Shaun Livingston 2.0.
    I can't disagree with any of this except you insert pikachu suprise gif.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    - Svi has a little Bogdanovic(Utah) in his game. Biggest surprise this preseason imo.
    - OG *insert wow gif*
    - Precious has to be the starter now. Dude is a beast.
    - Barnes continues to impress.
    - Trent actually played defense tonight.
    - Banton = Shaun Livingston 2.0.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    No need to play OG, FVV and Barnes tomorrow.
    Only OG and Fred are out tomorrow from what Nurse said. Everyone else is playing

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Beans wrote: View Post
    Dekker, probably Bonga since he has already been in the league for several years.
    Probably Wainwright, Dekker and Perry.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    Another fun preseason game. Good to see Precious expanding his game. Nick’s offence is going to be awesome for him. I would like him to see him dish it to the dunker spot on a couple of those drives. Scottie was sitting there wide open. His court vision will improve as he gets more reps.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    No need to play OG, FVV and Barnes tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Beans
    replied
    It was good to see Birch back, and Flynn making some buckets.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    I think we keep Yuta and Bonga, and if they keep a third and they might not, I hope it’s wainwright, no one else has shown anything interesting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X