Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preseason Game 4: Houston Rockets at Toronto Raptors - Mon Oct 11th, 7pm ET TSN4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great One wrote: View Post
    - Svi has a little Bogdanovic(Utah) in his game. Biggest surprise this preseason imo.
    - OG *insert wow gif*
    - Precious has to be the starter now. Dude is a beast.
    - Barnes continues to impress.
    - Trent actually played defense tonight.
    - Banton = Shaun Livingston 2.0.
    I can't disagree with any of this except you insert pikachu suprise gif.

Comment

Fun first half. Good to see some more of the depth guys in the 2nd half.

They sure seem to like Bonga, he's getting real rotation minutes in the past couple games, and more glimpses than others before that.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        Fun first half. Good to see some more of the depth guys in the 2nd half.

They sure seem to like Bonga, he's getting real rotation minutes in the past couple games, and more glimpses than others before that.
        Yeah, Bonga seems the favorite for the last roster spot. He fits the mold of being 6'9 and long wingspan. Seems like with some more polish he could be pretty good. Not sure any of the other guys have that kind of potential.

Comment

Another fun game. OG was awesome. Precious was great again. Loved not seeing Dragic in the opening line up. It always helps when you start games well. Not fair to put OG on Green though Nurse lol.

Trent was meh. Svi was good (his line and Barnes' lines were eerily similar). Was Fred hurt? He hit a 3 and then basically fouled someone intentionally so he could leave, and then headed back to the locker room.

As for the fringe guys. Already saw more from Perry in his 8 minutes than I ever did from Gillespie. Wainright isn't really that good, but he looks like he could be good. I'm really neutral on him. Bonga on the other hand looked great again. I don't really see anything from Dekker that makes me want to see him play again.

So for me I'd go with Yuta & Bonga then call it a day. Wouldn't mind also guaranteeing Champagnie and then giving the 2-way to Bonga instead.

And it was nice to see Birch back.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Another fun game. OG was awesome. Precious was great again. Loved not seeing Dragic in the opening line up. It always helps when you start games well. Not fair to put OG on Green though Nurse lol.

Trent was meh. Svi was good (his line and Barnes' lines were eerily similar). Was Fred hurt? He hit a 3 and then basically fouled someone intentionally so he could leave, and then headed back to the locker room.

As for the fringe guys. Already saw more from Perry in his 8 minutes than I ever did from Gillespie. Wainright isn't really that good, but he looks like he could be good. I'm really neutral on him. Bonga on the other hand looked great again. I don't really see anything from Dekker that makes me want to see him play again.

So for me I'd go with Yuta & Bonga then call it a day. Wouldn't mind also guaranteeing Champagnie and then giving the 2-way to Bonga instead.

And it was nice to see Birch back.
            Yeah, I didn't understand why Perry got the quick hook in favor of Gillespie. Perry was a bit wild at first, but then he settled down nicely and looked better than Gillespie ever has since last year. Feels like Nick reeeeeally wants to give Gillespie every possible chance to win the last spot. They like Gillespie's personality, I guess.

Comment

I'm not saying OG is Kawhi but I have a lot more confident in OG's shot now than Siakam. Stick with OG as the go to guy and slot Siakam in as the #2 option just like back in 2019.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

I'm not saying OG is Kawhi but I have a lot more confident in OG's shot now than Siakam. Stick with OG as the go to guy and slot Siakam in as the #2 option just like back in 2019.
                OG needs to make a leap as a playmaker to truly take that load away from Pascal. For now, OG being able to take on some scoring load is really good and Pascal being able to slide that combined usage (USG+AST%) down from about 45% closer to 40% should help him a lot.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

OG needs to make a leap as a playmaker to truly take that load away from Pascal. For now, OG being able to take on some scoring load is really good and Pascal being able to slide that combined usage (USG+AST%) down from about 45% closer to 40% should help him a lot.
                  Siakam being out was a blessing in disguise and OG increasing his USG while also increasing his efficiency is mind-blowing. Yeah, it's only pre-season, but this is exceeding even the best case scenario. Hell yeah.

Comment

OG and Siakam do separate aspects of the game really well. OG is automatic from the outside, to the point I’m surprised when he misses, Pascal is the opposite for me.

Pascal has the better handle, and can create more off the dribble. I think he would be able finish better in ISO situations.

I hope Siakam comes in more assertive, accepting contact around the basket. His shot mechanics look soft to me. He doesn’t attack his spots in the midrange. Kinda just lazily puts it up if the paint is packed.

I think both will be a good pairing, OG will thrive playing off of Siakam and visa versa.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Siakam being out was a blessing in disguise and OG increasing his USG while also increasing his efficiency is mind-blowing. Yeah, it's only pre-season, but this is exceeding even the best case scenario. Hell yeah.
                      Have teams been guarding OG with big wing/big forwards or smaller forwards/bigger guards?

Comment

Biggest surprises for me so far in preseason have been:

- Svi, and how good he's looked so far. Legit rotation player that can start if needed.
                        - How good OG has been in iso when he has the space to work. Masai and Nurse eluded to this being a big season for OG and so far he hasn't let them down.
                        - Barnes' ability to impact the game without having a consistent jumper. Really though he might struggle a bit until he found his groove but he's hit the ground running so far.
                        - How bad Dragic has looked so far. Not sure if wants to force a trade or what, but I thought he would have fit in here really well as a leader and one of the few veteran voices on the team.

Liking what I'm seeing so far.

Comment

The best mode of attack for us is probably going to be a 1A, 1B, 1C. with FVV, Siakam and O.G. Each guy scores a different way/at a different level. Add up FVV knock down shooting/ deep 3 threat, O.G strength and new found step back jumper and Pascals attacking the paint/ floater game and you have all the makings of the top offensive threats in the league. I get its easy to add all those up and say they equal a great offensive player, but having all the options available to you when they are on the court is nothing to scoff at
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

Have teams been guarding OG with big wing/big forwards or smaller forwards/bigger guards?
                            Get your lazy ass to watch some games, slaw. Lol.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              - How bad Dragic has looked so far. Not sure if wants to force a trade or what, but I thought he would have fit in here really well as a leader and one of the few veteran voices on the team.
                              He’s old and it’s a new system, I doubt he’s dogging it. I was actually surprised by how fast he still is.

Comment

The really surprising thing is how well the new style of Raptors play has succeeded while still missing Yuta, Chis and Pascal, three guys who have all the size/skills to slip into that style seamlessly. Opposing teams are going to be exhausted playing against Toronto while the Raptors can easily rotate 12-14 guys in and out of the lineup and stay fresh with only a few players averaging 30 minutes a game. (Not saying they won't have players giving more than 30 minutes a game, but there will be no need to exhaust anyone and risk them getting hurt as a result). Fewer injuries due to overuse or tiredness can only help in the wins/losses column.

Comment

Working...
                                X