Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preseason Game 4: Houston Rockets at Toronto Raptors - Mon Oct 11th, 7pm ET TSN4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

I can't watch this pre-season shit for more than a couple minutes. The regular season three point shooting contests for 82 games are becoming tough enough to handle, let alone the pick-up-ball-quality of exhibition games. I turned on part of the Saturday game between college football and it was unwatchable even leaving aside Nurse ranting and complaining like a two year old.
    Not interested in the development/growth of young players or how new teammates learn to integrate themselves? Understandable. I like seeing players pull out a new move or get better at things. Such a rapid growth curve for new guys, you can see improvement across the preseason exhibition games. I still don't get tired of it, even after 25 years of watching the team. But that's me.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    No Game 5 thread yet?

Has Bonga made the team? Sweet.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Get your lazy ass to watch some games, slaw. Lol.
    I can't watch this pre-season shit for more than a couple minutes. The regular season three point shooting contests for 82 games are becoming tough enough to handle, let alone the pick-up-ball-quality of exhibition games. I turned on part of the Saturday game between college football and it was unwatchable even leaving aside Nurse ranting and complaining like a two year old.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    ...We should be running our usual 8-10 player rotation in regular season.
    Unless it works running a 12 man rotation in the playoffs. Just avoiding stress or over-use injuries through the regular season will be an advantage. Giving reps to guys by divvying up the time a little more will lead to more experience and confidence in the playoffs. So many of these guys are clones of each other it's not like you are running a couple weak links out there. And exhaustion is exhaustion. If a guy is too exhausted to perform at a high level, it's an advantage to the other team. Not to mention the higher likelihood of injury to members of the other team is they are playing hurt or tired. Or if they are playing back to back games to secure a better position (or avoid facing the Raptors in the early rounds). The Raptors bench could be made up of anyone of 7 different guys and not see much drop off.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    The really surprising thing is how well the new style of Raptors play has succeeded while still missing Yuta, Chis and Pascal, three guys who have all the size/skills to slip into that style seamlessly. Opposing teams are going to be exhausted playing against Toronto while the Raptors can easily rotate 12-14 guys in and out of the lineup and stay fresh with only a few players averaging 30 minutes a game. (Not saying they won't have players giving more than 30 minutes a game, but there will be no need to exhaust anyone and risk them getting hurt as a result). Fewer injuries due to overuse or tiredness can only help in the wins/losses column.
    Don't think teams normally rotate that many players in the regular season, much less in the playoffs. Would be hilarious if guys got to the playoffs and were gassed because they weren't accustomed to playing big minutes. We should be running our usual 8-10 player rotation in regular season.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

I completely forgot this was OG's first bucket wow

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

I've watched about 15 minutes. I'd rather watch regular season football than training camp. I can just skim what you guys have been saying until the reg season starts. One thing I've learned here is grindhouse has let me know OG is barely an NBA player at this point.
    That's valuable intelligence, because if you had watched the games you would be fooled into believing exactly the opposite.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

I've watched about 15 minutes. I'd rather watch regular season football than training camp. I can just skim what you guys have been saying until the reg season starts. One thing I've learned here is grindhouse has let me know OG is barely an NBA player at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    The really surprising thing is how well the new style of Raptors play has succeeded while still missing Yuta, Chis and Pascal, three guys who have all the size/skills to slip into that style seamlessly. Opposing teams are going to be exhausted playing against Toronto while the Raptors can easily rotate 12-14 guys in and out of the lineup and stay fresh with only a few players averaging 30 minutes a game. (Not saying they won't have players giving more than 30 minutes a game, but there will be no need to exhaust anyone and risk them getting hurt as a result). Fewer injuries due to overuse or tiredness can only help in the wins/losses column.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    - How bad Dragic has looked so far. Not sure if wants to force a trade or what, but I thought he would have fit in here really well as a leader and one of the few veteran voices on the team.
    He’s old and it’s a new system, I doubt he’s dogging it. I was actually surprised by how fast he still is.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Have teams been guarding OG with big wing/big forwards or smaller forwards/bigger guards?

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    I'm not saying OG is Kawhi but I have a lot more confident in OG's shot now than Siakam. Stick with OG as the go to guy and slot Siakam in as the #2 option just like back in 2019.
    The best mode of attack for us is probably going to be a 1A, 1B, 1C. with FVV, Siakam and O.G. Each guy scores a different way/at a different level. Add up FVV knock down shooting/ deep 3 threat, O.G strength and new found step back jumper and Pascals attacking the paint/ floater game and you have all the makings of the top offensive threats in the league. I get its easy to add all those up and say they equal a great offensive player, but having all the options available to you when they are on the court is nothing to scoff at

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Biggest surprises for me so far in preseason have been:

- Svi, and how good he's looked so far. Legit rotation player that can start if needed.
    - How good OG has been in iso when he has the space to work. Masai and Nurse eluded to this being a big season for OG and so far he hasn't let them down.
    - Barnes' ability to impact the game without having a consistent jumper. Really though he might struggle a bit until he found his groove but he's hit the ground running so far.
    - How bad Dragic has looked so far. Not sure if wants to force a trade or what, but I thought he would have fit in here really well as a leader and one of the few veteran voices on the team.

Liking what I'm seeing so far.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied

Siakam being out was a blessing in disguise and OG increasing his USG while also increasing his efficiency is mind-blowing. Yeah, it's only pre-season, but this is exceeding even the best case scenario. Hell yeah.
    Have teams been guarding OG with big wing/big forwards or smaller forwards/bigger guards?

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    OG and Siakam do separate aspects of the game really well. OG is automatic from the outside, to the point I’m surprised when he misses, Pascal is the opposite for me.

Pascal has the better handle, and can create more off the dribble. I think he would be able finish better in ISO situations.

I hope Siakam comes in more assertive, accepting contact around the basket. His shot mechanics look soft to me. He doesn’t attack his spots in the midrange. Kinda just lazily puts it up if the paint is packed.

I think both will be a good pairing, OG will thrive playing off of Siakam and visa versa.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X