Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preseason Game 5: Toronto Raptors at Washington Wizards - Tues Oct 12th, 7pm ET SN360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Competition wins ... the only arbiter

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
      Dekker not going down without a fight. That’s what you like to see.
      He should be on the team. We need shooting, he's a great shooter.

Here's my 3 guys:

Dekker
      Yuta
      Bonga
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

This is the Milwaukee Bucks to lose the East without Kyrie with the Nets.

them Getting Ojleye and Grayson Allen to add more distance firepower with Divincenzo back healthy, with George Hill and Pat C., that team is stack with shooters

Especially now that they know how to win when it mattered most, that team is scary

Comment

Me watching Barnes play:

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Looking back of what the Bucks had gone through since they got Giannis in 2013, from 15-67 on his rookie year, fired Larry Drew

then getting J. Kidd, taking that team to a .500 season, played the first round and got bounced. Disappointing 3rd season for Giannis by just winning 33 games, then 2 successive 1st round exits, fired J Kidd after that

Hired Coach Bud, got them to the ECF but lost to the Champs Raptors, then that 2nd round exit to Miami.

what a journey by both Giannis and Middleton,

…..that being said, I am not comparing Scottie and OG to those two whatsoever but you would hope that they would grow together, improve every season and be the future tandem of this team

Comment

I am ready for the regular season to begin NOW.

The next week is going to suck.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Here's my 3 guys:

Dekker
                Yuta
                Bonga
                Yuta and Bonga are locks I think. Last spot is between Dekker and Wainwright. I'd give it to Dekker too.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Here's my 3 guys:

Dekker
                  Yuta
                  Bonga
                  I agree, we need to balance this team out with more outside shooting. Dekker is not going to always be this hot, but a guy like him can attract a lot of defensive attention and grease a half-court offence (which needs all the help it can get)

In order, I'd go

Yuta
                  Dekker
                  Wainwright

Cut Gillespie and Bonga (which to me is the redundant one)

Comment

Anyone else notice basically any time Barnes touched the ball we had a score or a good look?

Comment

Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                      Anyone else notice basically any time Barnes touched the ball we had a score or a good look?
                      Yeah he makes the right play 90% of the time. He has incredible BBIQ.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Yeah he makes the right play 90% of the time. He has incredible BBIQ.
                        that and he runs down the floor meaning he was often under the basket if some of our guards had seen him

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

Yuta and Bonga are locks I think. Last spot is between Dekker and Wainwright. I'd give it to Dekker too.
                          Ish actually shot 40% from 3 through the preseason...not what I would have guessed coming in. But Dekker looked good last night

Comment

Man Dekker just couldn't miss last night and Flynn some how found his mojo. Barnes is really good isn't he?

So Bonga wasn't as impressive as a starter as he was in spot minutes coming off the bench earlier in preseason. I was thinking he was a lock and he might still be considering he started, but Dekker just could have taken the spot away from him. I don't even think Matt Thomas had a game like that.

45% from 3 in Europe.. I think he's legit. We really could use his spacing.

If we do start the season with 15 guys, I think I go with Dekker and Wainright now. Or if we really want Bonga then Dekker and Bonga.

I think Sam's performance last night was worth bringing him back as a fringe rotation guy. His defense is a bit suspect, but he's still a big body and shooters like him can change a game. Just like George Niang did for Philly in that second game.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Man Dekker just couldn't miss last night and Flynn some how found his mojo. Barnes is really good isn't he?

So Bonga wasn't as impressive as a starter as he was in spot minutes coming off the bench earlier in preseason. I was thinking he was a lock and he might still be considering he started, but Dekker just could have taken the spot away from him. I don't even think Matt Thomas had a game like that.

If we do start the season with 15 guys, I think I go with Dekker and Wainright now. Or if we really want Bonga then Dekker and Bonga.

I think Sam's performance last night was worth bringing him back as a fringe rotation guy. His defense is a bit suspect, but he's still a big body and shooters like him can change a game. Just like George Niang did for Philly in that second game.
                              Im not sold on Dekker. He went 0-4 the game before and his defense sucks big time. One game does not a good player make.

Ish hits 3s at a high clip but also rebounds and defends.

Bonga has the body type we covet and potential to be better than the rest.

Ultimately the 14-15th man are highly unlikely to play at all so assuming we'd be putting in Dekker off the bench is a faulty assumption in my opinion.

Still funny how much we're all invested in these final roster spots that in the end won't mean anything. Happens every season. Can't wait for real ball to start.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Dekker brings a clear skill that we need on the roster... which is shooting, so in my mind it could be between Bonga and Wainwright. It's a tough call. Bonga basically duplicates what Yuta brings, so Wainwright's bulk provides a different dimension (i.e. toughness), although he's really limited on offense. Could just end up being a lesser version of Stanley Johnson. On the the other hand, if we want to go all out on positionless-ness, length, ball-handling and defense, then Bonga doubles down on that philosophy.

Freddie G really squandered a golden opportunity. Nurse was giving him every possible chance to win a spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X