Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preseason Game 5: Toronto Raptors at Washington Wizards - Tues Oct 12th, 7pm ET SN360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LJ2 wrote: View Post

LOL, not just the Barnes slander but remember how high you were on Keon Johnson? I gotta say I was pretty bang on with my predictions on this particular draft.
    Keon Johnson was hell of a fall from grace. Turns out the only thing that guy could do was jump
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

ya, I liked Moses Moody and Keon if we stuck at 8. I'm on Keon island, I choose to keep my stock. lol

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
        ya, I liked Moses Moody and Keon if we stuck at 8. I'm on Keon island, I choose to keep my stock. lol
        Moody fell into a great situation with GS. Keon needs a lot more development and I'm not so sure he gets that with the Clippers, crappy team to be on if you need to work on your game. Will be interesting to see how these guys have developed in 4 or 5 years.

Comment

I was really high on Suggs and Moody (who I wanted at 7/8). Really low on Barnes, and meh on Mobley. I suck as a scout and should stop pretending I'm a GM.

Giddey looks good too, but he's in a weird situation since OKC has soo many picks and will be turning over that roster every year to find that "star" player. Plus they have Shai who's their best player, playing the same position as he is. I do think we'll be able to snag Shai from them in a year or two.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            I was really high on Suggs and Moody (who I wanted at 7/8). Really low on Barnes, and meh on Mobley. I suck as a scout and should stop pretending I'm a GM.

Giddey looks good too, but he's in a weird situation since OKC has soo many picks and will be turning over that roster every year to find that "star" player. Plus they have Shai who's their best player, playing the same position as he is. I do think we'll be able to snag Shai from them in a year or two.
            Something a lot of people online should tell themselves.

Comment

Don't worry guys. Go read what NFL scouts and experts were saying about Patrick Mahomes before he was drafted. Or better yet, Tom Brady.

If there was any exact science to any of this shit, it would take all of the fun out of it.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Moody fell into a great situation with GS. Keon needs a lot more development and I'm not so sure he gets that with the Clippers, crappy team to be on if you need to work on your game. Will be interesting to see how these guys have developed in 4 or 5 years.
                Clippers did a pretty good job developing Terence Mann, Zubac and Shamet. Not the worst team for young guys to end up.

Comment

Raps were pretty high on Giddey, IIRC. These guys know what TF they are doing when it comes to drafting.
                  Last edited by golden; Fri Oct 15, 2021, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Imagine if Scottie put up these numbers in pre-season? Raptors fans would be jumping off the CN Tower.

Comment

I wish Siakim was playing, but we gotta wait for the real starting 5..Freddy, OG, Barnes, Siakim, Achiuwa..This crap about Trent Chucker or Golem Dragic..they both are Trash..I rather c Champagnie in the Starting Five, he plays right way, structurally and plus OG would get more touches..those other clowns..they don't play team game..especially Trent..this guy thinks his James Harden..another overrated bum player..
                      If am Raptors..down the road..Dragic, Trent, Boucher...those guys are expandable, that's a lot of money tide up.. all that is Superstar money, just saying..
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

Nah, it's all part of the fun of being a fan. Just gotta keep it respectful and not crap on people for their thoughts or suggestions.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Clippers did a pretty good job developing Terence Mann, Zubac and Shamet. Not the worst team for young guys to end up.
                          Not the worst, but not great either. That team is all about championships for the next 3-4 years so can expect a lot of turnover in their rotation, and fewer minutes for young developing players.

Comment

I wouldn't jump to a lot of conclusions after a handful of pre-season games. Need to give all these guys some time to figure it out...

Comment

Nah, it's all part of the fun of being a fan. Just gotta keep it respectful and not crap on people for their thoughts or suggestions.
                              Exactly. Especially on this site... we're all kind of like wannabe NBA front office executives. And we are right just often enough to convince ourselves that we actually know more than sh*t. We even have our own resident cap expert. lol.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

In our defense, there were a ton of highly paid pro NBA scouts who screwed up picks in this draft. We're decent scouts, just not on the level of Raptors staff.

Comment

Working...
                                X