Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Lowry needs to fire his agent

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    ESPN sources say the Charlotte Hornets and Kemba Walker have agreed to a four-year, $48 million contract extension
    Like cmon now? I know guys get paid on potential, but how did Kemba get Lowry money?

Your headline is misplaced...."MJ should fire his GM"

ps....he had the tieing and winning shot in ot.

Comment

I think it speaks more about Michael Jordan's business acumen in regards to pro hoops. This is an extension, they don't want Walker to get a sniff at the market.

Lowry hit the market and chose the Raptors' offer. Were the Raptors the highest bidder? Can't remember but I know they're not going to bid with themselves. Only Michael Jordan and others who stink at basketball executive decisions do that stuff.

This isn't the only time he's been leading a poor basketball decision(see Adam Morrison and Kwame Brown). I don't know, it must be something about superstar guards from the 80's and 90's(also see Zeke, get my drift?)

Comment

NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
        Like cmon now? I know guys get paid on potential, but how did Kemba get Lowry money?
        That's an overpay. There banking on Kemba being able to shoot better then what he has done so far.

Kemba is the usual low efficient chucker who gets overpaid by a not so savvy front office
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Kemba was definately a great leader and a guy who got results in college. I like him a lot but I don't think he's better than Lowry, nor am I sold he becomes better than Lowry.

Comment

Oh I don't know. I look at this like Amir and Demars deal. Or even Mike Conley. Give it time to turn into the deal MJ envisioned. I remember when Conley signed his deal people were saying how it was Career Suicide for that GM ... pretty sure they are laughing now.

I think Kemba will be good. And with the new CBA coming in, heck this could be chump change.

Comment

Wasn't Kemba going to be an RFA? So they basically pulled a DeMar with him.. they signed him to a deal they thought was fair and didn't let the market dictate his price (and with the cap going up that price could have been a lot higher).

Kyle is a bit different.. he might be a better player but he had an up and down career before last year. Had some 'attitude' issues and a few injury concerns leading up to his free agency. Plus the teams that were looking for his services were low balling him since they had bigger fish they wanted (talking about Miami, Houston, LAL). Masai was also very eager to sign him back.

I don't think Kemba is an over pay.. the cap is going to go up. At least he didn't get the max, like most guys are seeking. Would be interesting to see if his 4th year is a player option or not though.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                Oh I don't know. I look at this like Amir and Demars deal. Or even Mike Conley. Give it time to turn into the deal MJ envisioned. I remember when Conley signed his deal people were saying how it was Career Suicide for that GM ... pretty sure they are laughing now.

I think Kemba will be good. And with the new CBA coming in, heck this could be chump change.
                Mhhhm Kemba is good? What is he good at other then going 1on1 and shooting low% shots. He's certainly an average defender due to his size. He not a good play maker. He's 3pt shooting is erratic
                He has shown great leadership qualities but that doesn't justify this contract
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Mhhhm Kemba is good? What is he good at other then going 1on1 and shooting low% shots. He's certainly an average defender due to his size. He not a good play maker. He's 3pt shooting is erratic
                  He's basically a starting caliber PG. A top 20'ish PG in the league. $12M is high now.. but in a couple of years it'll be worth what a $9M contract would have been.. and that's about what he's worth (in my opinion).

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    I think you're definitely under crediting his abilities as a leader and as a playmaker. A Point Guard that can get his own shot off these days is pretty key, and when he really learns the complexities of being a floor general and making others better, he can be special. I'll take Kemba and his contract over Eric Bledsoe and his any day of the week.

Comment

kemba Walker is a fantastic PG, he's a winner and he is starting to reach NBA potential. Anyone here suggesting Lowry deserves a heap more is simply being a bit of a homer. Give credit where its due.

Comment

Kemba's contract is just fine. Bear in mind, he's been asked to run some of the worst teams in NBA history to start his career (rookie year was the 7-59 disaster) and that's definitely hindered things like his FG%. Now that Charlotte is going in the right direction and has actual talent, I think we'll see a much better Kemba.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I think people are being a bit too harsh on Kemba. Man has won at every level of his career. He's only 24. People are too enamoured with efficiency statistics nowadays. I'm sure with Lance now in the fold, he won't have all the defenses geared towards him and his %stats should improve. The man has made a career of hitting big shots and he's only in his 4th NBA season. You pay 48mil to guys who love big moments and want to take the big shot.

It took Lowry almost 9 seasons to attain the season he had last season. Through those 9 seasons, he was known as anything but a "leader" and in some circles, even a locker room distraction. No offense, but Kemba would have sunk that last minute shot against the Nets in game 7.
                          Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Wasn't Kemba going to be an RFA? So they basically pulled a DeMar with him.. they signed him to a deal they thought was fair and didn't let the market dictate his price (and with the cap going up that price could have been a lot higher).
                            They probably think he's about to blowup too. I mean they got a good look at him in camp.

Comment

Probably could create a new thread for this.. but speculation is that Varejao is going to be getting a $30M/3yr extension. Wonder what that means for Amir?

Varejao is 32 years old now, and has only played in 146 out of 307 games (including the one shortened season). That's a putrid 48% of games played in 4 years.

If Varejao can make $10M a year.. Amir's getting the max.

Comment

Working...
                              X