Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME ONE, 2021-22 SEASON: Washington Wizards @ Toronto Raptors - Wed Oct 20th 7:30pmET TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wizards don't stand a chance in front of the Raptor crowd.

Comment

I find the TSN app sucks. No rewind, no pvr, the sound (for me) is ridiculously low for some reason, but last year I would still be excited the game was on it, because Leo. This year though, Sportsnet all the way!!! With the signing of Alvin, Lou, and Blake, it looks like Sportsnet finally is trying to capitalize on basketball. Just took them 25yrs+. I'm surprised it was them first. With Sportsnet getting so much of the hockey rights, I thought TSN would be the first to capitalize on Basketball.

Not that I'm getting rid of TSN just yet, they still have 50% of the games, but man step your game up!

Side note: I'm so excited to have Basketball back!!!!

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post

I got an amazon fire stick and paid 150 to have someone load it with everything you can imagine for a year, league pass, espn, sportsnet, UK sports,
        You have my attention. In what shady, back alley can I find this "someone".

Comment

Cord-cutting lo-down:

TSN/SN streaming combo
          --Pros: Can catch live games, and also other shows/teams they broadcast
          --Cons: Apps are still clunky
          --Price: 30/months for both combined (if signed up for the year)

League Pass:
          --Pros: Has the option of getting just the games of your team, smoother interface, can cancel it in the offseason
          --Cons: Blackouts (need to wait a bit after the live game for it to show up)
          --Price: 8/month for one team, 12/month for all teams

Obscure streams:
          --Pros: free
          --Cons: can be unstable/taken down, quality is dubious, potential for malware etc..

The best solution for me personally is league pass, mainly because I live out west. With the time difference, a lot of the games start while I'm still at work, so by the time I get home and have supper the game is already on league pass, so I'm free to watch and skip commercials/timeouts/reviews etc..(which is another advantage of watching non-live, not so much of your evening is gone from watching the game, can fast-ward/rewind freely).

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
            Cord-cutting lo-down:

TSN/SN streaming combo
            --Pros: Can catch live games, and also other shows/teams they broadcast
            --Cons: Apps are still clunky
            --Price: 30/months for both combined (if signed up for the year)

League Pass:
            --Pros: Has the option of getting just the games of your team, smoother interface, can cancel it in the offseason
            --Cons: Blackouts (need to wait a bit after the live game for it to show up)
            --Price: 8/month for one team, 12/month for all teams

Obscure streams:
            --Pros: free
            --Cons: can be unstable/taken down, quality is dubious, potential for malware etc..

The best solution for me personally is league pass, mainly because I live out west. With the time difference, a lot of the games start while I'm still at work, so by the time I get home and have supper the game is already on league pass, so I'm free to watch and skip commercials/timeouts/reviews etc..(which is another advantage of watching non-live, not so much of your evening is gone from watching the game, can fast-ward/rewind freely).

Doesn't Leaguepass blocks most Raptors games?! and how much is it right now?!

Comment

There's also IPTV

Comment

I was a cord cutter for about a decade but then brought it back during covid. My wife and I got bored of streaming and wanted flexibility. PVR is pretty awesome. Used it for preseason. Rewind/forward features are really good. Plus you get the game in an hour. Also get TSN and Sportsnet Now on mobile.

And all the Bachelor in Paradise one man can handle

Comment

All I need is replay of full games so League Pass is my best option.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

Doesn't Leaguepass blocks most Raptors games?! and how much is it right now?!
                    They will block it while it's happening, so you can't watch it live, but then it's available as a full replay (with rewind and fast forward) about an hour after the game. It's 8/mth for all the games of one team, or 12/mth for all the games. It's good for those that can't watch it live (or prefer to not watch live, so commercials can be skipped). If you prefer watching live, cable or SN/TSN online are the way to go.

Comment

You can use something like IPVanish to watch the game live. If you really need to watch it right away. If you want to have some life outside of watching the raptors the replays are great.

Comment

I’m back on to cable too, it’s just easier. I like recording the game and starting it 30mins late and fast forwarding the commercials and halftime.

Comment

Speaking of cable, just watched the Open Gym “Championship”. It never gets old. I forgot the part of the end where they slowly go through each member of the team, naming them. What a team. Pour one out for the ‘19 Raps. And fill up a new one for Freddy and the 6’9”s.

Comment

This season is going to be a fun ride, the potential, the wins, the losses, the eventual playoff pushbinto the second round.

Comment

Back home, Barnes and Precious likely starting, OG with offensive spotlight, I can’t wait!
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                                This season is going to be a fun ride, the potential, the wins, the losses, the eventual playoff pushbinto the second round.
                                Gotta make it to the first round first, but yeah, it will be fun to see the growth and potential of these guys

Comment

Working...
                                X