Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME ONE, 2021-22 SEASON: Washington Wizards @ Toronto Raptors - Wed Oct 20th 7:30pmET TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more take…

Referees is a small community, words and reputation spread.

I have said this before, Nick Nurse should quit the constant whining on every bad call. The one championship does not give him the entitlement to berate these guys.

Comment

• Dragic can't be in that starting lineup, that's the 4th game we've seen it and they always come out flat. OG has to play better. Fred was the only player in the starting lineup that was doing anything, and then the rest of the game he tried too hard. I feel like if Precious would've hit those two alley's to start the game they may have given the team more lift. Overall, everyone played poorly... except Banton.

Losing by 15 with that kind of performance is a bit encouraging. Just hoping this isn't the normal performance.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post

I’m hoping this had something to do with it. I think we had the longest layoff of any team. No team was off more than 8 days. 8 days is way too much. I pray we play better next game
        We playing Boston and Mavs next
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Yea it’s going to be rough. We could legit start 0-4 because its Boston, Mavs and Chicago next. Good luck to this team lol
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Boston lost in a 2OT battle tonight.

Here's hoping they cancel practice tomorrow and are wiped and in disarray for Friday

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Boston lost in a 2OT battle tonight.

Here's hoping they cancel practice tomorrow and are wiped and in disarray for Friday
              Hope never dies
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Ok my game thread duty has ended.

Next man up, and you keep making them till we lose. Godspeed.

Comment

• Everybody's hopping off the bandwagon game 1?

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Tatum shot 6/30 from the field tonight. Celtics home opener friday night.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• On the bright side, Nurse said some lineups looked like they didn't work well together and will be looking at it and adjusting rotations. Tough to have a whole lot of new guys play together. Hoping Dragic comes off the bench and GTJ gets the start. He'll fit better in the starting lineup where he can just focus on getting open and shooting.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

I didn’t say anything about OG I am not allowed to talk about him.

what I am saying is defence is our staple and our best defensive lineup has Barnes and banton in it. Oh and yuta put whoever you want in after that I don’t care but I said it here first that’s our core going forward
                        I dont know about Banton yet, but Barnes can start in my books.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Lol why so effing sensitive, nobody around here is saying in this specific thread from page 1 to trade Van Vleet. Just echoing what the box score is telling us LMAO.

but you can feel free to flip pages of the Roster Reconstruction thread and a tonnage of trade suggestions on him
                          Just think it's a bit early to pass judgment, he'll bounce back.

Comment

One more take…

Referees is a small community, words and reputation spread.

I have said this before, Nick Nurse should quit the constant whining on every bad call. The one championship does not give him the entitlement to berate these guys.
                            I agree with this 1000%. It also teaches his players to whine on every play.

Someone should write an article about nurse, complete with a compilation video clips, or a tally of number of times he yells at or complains to the ref on average per game. Maybe then he might read it and clue in? Anyone know of a great website that could write this??? 😀
                            Last edited by Dvdvideo; Thu Oct 21, 2021, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Van Vleet high usage first game

32 minutes

5 for 18 from the field

only made 1 Hail Mary out of 8

4 assists
                              I only watched the first half, but Fred was really poor. The team looked better with him out of the game and then did poorly when he came back in to the game. Forced it way too much and it has to become obvious to everyone at some point that he can just not take the ball to the rack in traffic. He struggles to get his shot off without either being blocked or throwing up something wild that has little chance of going in. Kyle could do it, Fred can't, and he and the coaching staff need to realize that and manage accordingly.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

I agree with this 1000%. It also teaches his players to whine on every play.

Someone should write an article about nurse, complete with a compilation video clips, or a tally of number of times he yells at or complains to the ref on average per game. Maybe then he might read it and clue in? Anyone know of a great website that could write this??? 😀
                                I don't really get this line of thinking. Nick can be bad for it, sure. But pretty much every coach in the league does it. It's not like the refs are like, "geez, for some reason this Nick guy is the only one giving us a hard time..."

Comment

Working...
                                X