Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME ONE, 2021-22 SEASON: Washington Wizards @ Toronto Raptors - Wed Oct 20th 7:30pmET TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still want to see this starting lineup when everyone's healthy:

Center
    Siakam
    Barnes
    OG
    FVV

First, it's clear as day that Barnes is already the second best player on the team(second behind PS). No way you take that guy out of the lineup when PS returns to the lineup.

Second, I'm not a big fan and still not sold but i'd give OG a longer leash because he showed in the preseason that he can score albeit a small sample size.

Rotation players - Banton should be in the rotation period. This guy is looking like a steal. I also would like to see Dekker and Flynn get a chance to play.

Trade bait - Trent, Dragic, and Boucher. Please get rid of Boucher. Please.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Fred not being Lowry doesn't mean he's not a starting quality guard. It means he's not Kyle Lowry.
      Yeah exactly. Fred can be a very good player, you just can't plug him in to what Kyle did and expect the same. He's a great shooter and a good defender. He needs to play within his limitations and the coaches need to acknowledge his limitations and plan around them.

It's somewhat admirable that Fred doesn't have a big ego about getting blocked, but damn, sometimes I wish he did. The amount of times he drives the lane (there's a reason they're giving that to you Fred) and you just know he's going to get blocked or throw up some trash. He should be very selective about when he drives.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I don't really get this line of thinking. Nick can be bad for it, sure. But pretty much every coach in the league does it. It's not like the refs are like, "geez, for some reason this Nick guy is the only one giving us a hard time..."
        Facts.

The only coach that I remember that never say anything to the official was Phil Jackson. Phil just sits and chill on the bench.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Facts.

The only coach that I remember that never say anything to the official was Phil Jackson. Phil just sits and chill on the bench.
          phil always did most of his angling in press conferences, and it was very effective

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Facts.

I mean when you're on the Lakers and Bulls and coached Kobe, Shaq and Jordan, don't think you have to worry about calls lol

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I mean when you're on the Lakers and Bulls and coached Kobe, Shaq and Jordan, don't think you have to worry about calls lol
              Also MJ and Kobe were both first ballot whiners and complainers themselves
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• My thoughts on the opener:

1. Not enough Barnes with the ball. Less FVV, more Scottie initating the offence. If we are gonna move bodies and utilize cutters, which is what we need to do with a lack of shooters, then we need to use Scottie's length and skillset. Fred is a PnR guard, so....

2. He needs a good PnR partner. I dont know if we have a good screen setter, but Fred needs a big that can help him shed his defender, which will give him space to shoot and find passing lanes. Fred needs the space to be effective, especially with his passing. Maybe Birch might be a better option than Precious.

3. Banton was unbelievable, i hope he gets more minutes going forward. He looked very comfortable out there and made good plays. Very exciting to see.

4. Poor shooting cost us the game. There is alot to nitpick about, the offence looked flatout ugly for much of the game, but we got enough good looks to win but couldnt hit the shots. OG, in particular, just didnt have his legs tonight. He looked great on D, but had little lift on his shots. Odd, given the 8 days off, but maybe he needs a few games to get his body used to the grind. I dont know, but I thought they should have kept OG off Beal and Spencer, given his role on O now and that Scottie was playing off ball on O most of the night.

5. Dragic shouldnt start. I still think we messed up trading norm, but gary should start ahead of dragic, and if not him, fuck it let Banton loose with the starters.

6. I think that pascal might not be suited as a primary scorer, in a similar way that Demar wasnt during his time here, but we need him back...badly. He may not be the ideal option, but he is the best option, like Demar was during his time here.

7. The defence was good. There are issues of course, the big bigs of the league are gonna be a problem, but overall I think there is alot to be excited about.

8. I was surprised with svi's ball handling and ability to get into the paint. Pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, he cant seem to finish or make a play, and his shooting is suspect. Not sure where he fits going forward, but I think he will lose his minutes to Yuta when he returns. Yuta can do all the things Svi does, only better.

9. When fully healthy, its gonna be tough to get everyone the minutes they deserve. A consolidation trade will be necessary. I hope Ben Simmons doesnt end up here.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Also MJ and Kobe were both first ballot whiners and complainers themselves
                  Tim Duncan and Pop are also right up there. I've got zero problem with Nurse working over the refs to excess. Better for Nurse to get the tech than having our best players do the dirty work, like Dwane "I like my money" Casey made Lowry do. That's the least of our worries.

Comment

• When you look at the numbers, our defense (DRTG) was stellar last night, but our offense (ORTG) was un-sustainably bad. Probably due to the long layoff, unfamiliar new faces and lack of Lowry & Pascal. Offense-wise, last night should be as bad as it can possibly get.

Last edited by golden; Fri Oct 22, 2021, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      When you look at the numbers, our defense (DRTG) was stellar last night, but our offense (DRTG) was un-sustainably bad. Probably due to the long layoff, unfamiliar new faces and lack of Lowry & Pascal. Offense-wise, last night should be as bad as it can possibly get.

that ortg could give a fella kevin o'neill flashbacks

Comment

When you look at the numbers, our defense (DRTG) was stellar last night, but our offense (DRTG) was un-sustainably bad. Probably due to the long layoff, unfamiliar new faces and lack of Lowry & Pascal. Offense-wise, last night should be as bad as it can possibly get.

Yeah, the raptors have won plenty of games and scored plenty of points without Kyle Lowry in the lineup the last couple years. They didn't forget how to score.

Projecting how the season will go off 1 game is beyond ridiculous
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

that ortg could give a fella kevin o'neill flashbacks

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

probably because we've all been trying to forget

i'm sorry everyone

Comment

Man, there's a lot that pops there. My eyes did exactly what Kyle's did.

Those Otrg... not good. Hopefully that'll correct itself.

The upshot is... Dalano Banton is the greatest player that ever lived.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

probably because we've all been trying to forget

i'm sorry everyone
                                I still chuckle thinking of him breaking a lamp from frustrations on the road in his hotel room.

Comment

Working...
                                X