Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME ONE, 2021-22 SEASON: Washington Wizards @ Toronto Raptors - Wed Oct 20th 7:30pmET TSN

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Should be a good game to evaluate this “no seven footer” concept. It’s often brought up in context of the Embiid’s of the world but it’s really going to matter more against the average big guys that are there every night. The Plumlees, The Zellers, etc. And tonight, a Gafford.
    It will be hilarious when we play the Cavs, who are rolling with a 6ft backcourt and 7ft frontcourt. The exact opposite of us.

    Comment


    • #47
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • #48
        Felt so good to watch some NBA basketball yesterday.

        Milwaukee looks like they are ready to take on all challengers. Lakers look like they have a lot of things to figure out. Just too many mouths needing to be fed on that roster and no structure right now.

        Can't wait for the game tonight!

        Comment


        • #49
          LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Felt so good to watch some NBA basketball yesterday.

          Milwaukee looks like they are ready to take on all challengers. Lakers look like they have a lot of things to figure out. Just too many mouths needing to be fed on that roster and no structure right now.

          Can't wait for the game tonight!
          Need to use Westbrook like D'Antoni did. Sub him early then give him the second unit so he can dominate the ball while Lebron and Davis rest.

          Comment


          • #50

            Comment


            • #51
              Van Vleet will officially have the key to be the leader of this team…He has to play big for his size. With Siakam temporarily out of commission, he has to make the other players around him stand out like OG, Barnes, GTJ and Achiuwa. The dribble without purpose for 2/3 of the shot clock and shot inefficiency will hurt this team. Take up the mantle of Lowry the GROAT and not the mediocrity of Derozan.

              Go Raps !
              You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

              When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers


              Comment


              • #52
                slaw wrote: View Post

                Need to use Westbrook like D'Antoni did. Sub him early then give him the second unit so he can dominate the ball while Lebron and Davis rest.

                Lakers roster is absolutely hilarious. I counted 5 players on their roster from the all star game...in 2011. 3 of the other all stars are on Brooklyn. 2 are on other teams. 14 are retired.

                So, if you're keeping score at home, 92% of the 2012 all stars are on pension, the Lakers, or the Nets
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • #53
                  LE MAGNIFIQUE!

                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    LE MAGNIFIQUE!

                    It was a trick all along! Hope to still see Precious in the a starting lineup. Which should be the case just on getting Boucher game speed conditioning up to snuff.
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      saints91 wrote: View Post
                      They had a presale on Thursday last week and then general public was able to buy last Friday. I don’t think they are releasing more, but could be wrong.

                      There are some games that have decent resale prices, but don’t expect any of the elite teams.
                      I guess I just have a hard time believing there are standard tickets available for the home opener and none against the tanking Magic on a Monday night in December.

                      I wonder if they are withholding them to try to keep the grossly overinflated prices afloat for a bit longer.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        slaw wrote: View Post

                        Need to use Westbrook like D'Antoni did. Sub him early then give him the second unit so he can dominate the ball while Lebron and Davis rest.
                        You're right, it's just tough to get an all star type guy in his prime to buy into the idea that he's better with the bench unit. Rondo did look like he fit much better with AD and LeBron. Still so early in the season, if they can find a way to make it work with those three on the floor at the same time they will be near unbeatable.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                          Van Vleet will officially have the key to be the leader of this team…He has to play big for his size. With Siakam temporarily out of commission, he has to make the other players around him stand out like OG, Barnes, GTJ and Achiuwa. The dribble without purpose for 2/3 of the shot clock and shot inefficiency will hurt this team. Take up the mantle of Lowry the GROAT and not the mediocrity of Derozan.

                          Go Raps !
                          Was watching our Championship-Clinching Game 6, two nights ago, TSN had it on.

                          Felt symbolic how Lowry DOMINATED in the first quarter of the game to the tune of 11 straight points...

                          As the game wore on and it came to the clutch though, it was Freddie who took over, and hit everything he put up and brought us home for the win, even garnering a FMVP vote.

                          -----

                          Fred's always played very well -- quite differently in fact -- (as has Pascal) when Kyle's been out of the lineup. It's well documented how well we've performed in games without Lowry in the lineup (surprisingly). (I did a quick search... this quote from February 2021 is a good reminder " The Raptors' 110-96 win over the Bucks improved the Raptors record to 15-0 without their six-time all-star available for the entire game, dating back to Nov. 18, 2019.")

                          -----

                          Rewatching that Championship Clinching Game 6 ... it felt like where we've arrived is the natural progression of things.

                          It's Fred's time. May he rise to the occasion.

                          -----

                          As an addendum... there are no Stanley Johnson's on this team. No Patrick McCaws... Not even any Deandre Bembry's. No Bebe's. No John Sammons. I'm excited to watch literally every person on this team play.... haven't been able to say that in a while.

                          LET'S GOOOOOOOO

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Scraptor wrote: View Post

                            I guess I just have a hard time believing there are standard tickets available for the home opener and none against the tanking Magic on a Monday night in December.

                            I wonder if they are withholding them to try to keep the grossly overinflated prices afloat for a bit longer.
                            Suggs bro.

                            I'm going to that one.

                            Can't wait for the SCO-TTIES -- BET-TER!! chants.

                            I got online for the second general tickets went on sale and they went like wild fire. I don't think they're holding anything back, sadly. Have to be ready for the first morning they're sold or that's all she wrote for official Raptors tickets release, I think. Everything else will be verified resale, which, as somebody else said, m.f.'s try to mark stuff up like crazy to double their return... but maybe try closer to, Iike the day before or hours before to see if they panic and drop it back down to something more reasonable.

                            (also, the night the ticket prices were by far and away the most grossly inflated was opening, which I guess is why there's still some availability there... if they aren't resale.)
                            Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Wed Oct 20, 2021, 03:28 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Will be interesting to see where the Wiz try to attack this Raptors defense. They got pretty hot from the 3pt line in the preseason game and made it closer than I thought it should have been. If Raps can contain Beal again and do a better job of contesting their 3pt shots, it should be an easy win.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                                It was a trick all along! Hope to still see Precious in the a starting lineup. Which should be the case just on getting Boucher game speed conditioning up to snuff.
                                I don't think Boucher should ever start, he's great in his role picking on bench players and getting 15 and 7 a night.
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X