Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME ONE, 2021-22 SEASON: Washington Wizards @ Toronto Raptors - Wed Oct 20th 7:30pmET TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your matchup of the night? The sharp shooting vet vs the all out rookie. Scottie held Beal in check in the preseason but Beal may have been mailing it in. Now that it's the real season, if Scottie gets two quick fouls in the first, does he get benched? He did not in the preseason.

Comment

Good to have Boucher back.

Wonder how deep the rotation will be tonight.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
        Good to have Boucher back.

Wonder how deep the rotation will be tonight.
        Probably just 10 guys if its a close game.

But I don't think the Wizards are ready. I can see a Raptors blowout for this game if the Wizards get cold from the 3 and we might see more guys out there.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

Probably just 10 guys if its a close game.

But I don't think the Wizards are ready. I can see a Raptors blowout for this game if the Wizards get cold from the 3 and we might see more guys out there.
          Stick Barnes/OG on Beal and we cruise to a win.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

Stick Barnes/OG on Beal and we cruise to a win.
            Also Dinwiddie and Kuzma can get hot from the 3.

Its a good first test before facing the hated Celtics in Boston the next game.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

I guess I just have a hard time believing there are standard tickets available for the home opener and none against the tanking Magic on a Monday night in December.

I wonder if they are withholding them to try to keep the grossly overinflated prices afloat for a bit longer.
              They had a few Presales, one for members (which are people on the season ticket waitlist and pay$100 a year to hold their place in queue), and then they had insider presale (basically signing up to be on a mailing list and then you're and insider). Both of those were last Thursday, and tickets were cheaper than the general sale held on the Friday. Then we have a ton of season ticket holders, so really there isn't that much up for grabs. I was surprised at how few tickets there were on the Friday when I went back on at 10:00am to try to get tickets for the Hawks game in Feb.

Keep on checking, decent prices will come up for the Orlando and OKC tickets in December.
              Last edited by saints91; Wed Oct 20, 2021, 04:13 PM.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                LE MAGNIFIQUE!

That's awesome! I'm pumped for tonight! We actually get to gauge the team without prefacing that it's only summerleague or it's only preseason. lol

1 and 0, LET'S GO!

Comment

Such exciting and intriguing possibilities for this season & going forward ... changing of the 'guard' and possibly play style ... LGR!

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post

They had a few Presales, one for members (which are people on the season ticket waitlist and pay$100 a year to hold their place in queue), and then they had insider presale (basically signing up to be on a mailing list and then you're and insider). Both of those were last Thursday, and tickets were cheaper than the general sale held on the Friday. Then we have a ton of season ticket holders, so really there isn't that much up for grabs. I was surprised at how few tickets there were on the Friday when I went back on at 10:00am to try to get tickets for the Hawks game in Feb.

Keep on checking, decent prices will come up for the Orlando and OKC tickets in December.
                    Yeah I don’t know what they are doing exactly. They have released a bunch of standard tickets for the Warriors game a couple days later, probably because they are super expensive… Maybe they are getting a sense that people don’t want to pay $240 for upper bowl seats that aren’t even between the baskets.

Comment

Wonder if we start Dragic or Trent? Dragic started in preseason and it looked a bit ugly.

With Boucher back, I could see them going: Precious, Boucher, OG, Dragic, FVV.

I think Nurse will reward Boucher for playing so well last season. And give him a few games before Scottie takes his spot.

Would love to see: Precious, Boucher, Scottie, OG, FVV though.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Yeah I don’t know what they are doing exactly. They have released a bunch of standard tickets for the Warriors game a couple days later, probably because they are super expensive… Maybe they are getting a sense that people don’t want to pay $240 for upper bowl seats that aren’t even between the baskets.
                        Just peeked on there right now for the early Orlando game... there are some pretty cheap tickets, both standard and verified... $46.50 each, ballpark... pretty high up but still centralish.... The ticket prices for the GSW game are bizarrely high though.. wtf

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Wonder if we start Dragic or Trent? Dragic started in preseason and it looked a bit ugly.

I think Nurse will reward Boucher for playing so well last season. And give him a few games before Scottie takes his spot.

I want Scottie off the hop. Chris is just coming back from injury... let him come off the bench and get re-acclimated.

Comment

Chris, Dragic, and Birch coming off the bench is pretty darn good. Sprinkle in a couple the starters with that group and we’ll be alright.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

I don't think Boucher starts give he hasn't played in weeks. I expect your starting lineup with Boucher/Dragic/Birch/Yuta(?) off the bench. Not sure if we'll see more players than that game 1. Like the idea of Dragic and Boucher in screen and roll.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

I don't think Boucher starts give he hasn't played in weeks. I expect your starting lineup with Boucher/Dragic/Birch/Yuta(?) off the bench. Not sure if we'll see more players than that game 1. Like the idea of Dragic and Boucher in screen and roll.
                                Malachi especially needs a PnR finisher with good timing & feel. Assuming he gets minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X