Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME ONE, 2021-22 SEASON: Washington Wizards @ Toronto Raptors - Wed Oct 20th 7:30pmET TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First home game in 600 days. They forgot to take the lid off the rim. Oops.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

Lol he's a 6 foot 7 power foreward..
      yeah it was crazy because Banton was the same height.

Comment

Right, because one game makes the whole season, you must be right. By that silly logic we bench og for the rest of the season.
        I didn’t say anything about OG I am not allowed to talk about him.

what I am saying is defence is our staple and our best defensive lineup has Barnes and banton in it. Oh and yuta put whoever you want in after that I don’t care but I said it here first that’s our core going forward

Comment

• Oof, rough game. Hated a lot of the rotation choices, but mostly they just looked out of sorts, never really looked like they were playing with energy or focus until Banton sparked them late.

Birch should be starting. Achiuwa's chaos is great off the bench, hurts the starters. GTJ should start, in that lineup he gets the ball less and is asked to create less, and can slot in as the worst defender in the lineup. Dragic... should play, I guess, but like 20 off the bench is as high as I'd be hoping for. Svi was handling the ball way too much, driving into nowhere most of the game.

OG and Fred having terrible games didn't help. Too much trying to create on their own (OG especially). Would love to see Barnes get a bigger role in the offence while Pascal is out, have him in the high/low post and run cutters, or more of that dribble handoff action that let him find Boucher on the cut late.

Banton looking like he needs minutes.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I guess we should waive him. This must mean he sucks, you know, having one bad game.
            Lol why so effing sensitive, nobody around here is saying in this specific thread from page 1 to trade Van Vleet. Just echoing what the box score is telling us LMAO.

but you can feel free to flip pages of the Roster Reconstruction thread and a tonnage of trade suggestions on him

Comment

• Looking at the scoreboard across the league and there are a lot of blowout games. Teams are rusty.

At least we held them to under 100 pts boys.

Comment

• *eye blink*

Poeltl closing in on a triple double?

Comment

• Suggs is gonna have tough time in Orlando
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• 1. FVV was the biggest reason they lost that game. Someone tell him he's not Allen Iverson. The Raps need him to be a leader on the floor and not an iso scorer.

2. Barnes is probably the second best player on the team already(second behind Siakam).

3. Banton really is Shaun Livingston 2.0. Should be in the rotation.

4. Trent sucks.

5. Boucher got dumber in the offseason. Hard to do. Not a rotation player.

6. Mychaliuk. Not a rotation player.

7. I'd give OG a longer leash. He showed in the preseason that he can score. Don't get me wrong, i'm not sold on him as an option but whatever.

8. I'd like to see Flynn and Dekker get a chance to play.
                    Last edited by The Great One; Wed Oct 20, 2021, 10:28 PM.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The expectation from Van Vleet this season is less usage, less possessions and be more efficient while being a leader

He failed that on game 1

Simple as that

Comment

• Scottie tied for team lead in scoring and was also tied for second in rebounds. #MoralVictoriesSZN

Comment

• Wiz did well to crowd the paint and dare the Raps to make shots.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

on a left-handed sky hook no less
                            That's my bread and butter shot.

Comment

• So many blowouts tonight. I think some of it has to do with long layoffs? you always hear players saying 3 days off is too long. Raps had 8 days off. Most teams had a week off.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                So many blowouts tonight. I think some of it has to do with long layoffs? you always hear players saying 3 days off is too long. Raps had 8 days off. Most teams had a week off.
                                I’m hoping this had something to do with it. I think we had the longest layoff of any team. No team was off more than 8 days. 8 days is way too much. I pray we play better next game
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X