Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME ONE, 2021-22 SEASON: Washington Wizards @ Toronto Raptors - Wed Oct 20th 7:30pmET TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Love that this goof is out here dropping receipts.
    Anytime fella.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Superjudge wrote: View Post
    This squad was lottery last year and got worse.
    Love that this goof is out here dropping receipts.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    Thanks for the morning laugh!

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

My story about seeing him on the street still makes me laugh out loud everytime I think of it...

(Skip reading if you recall as I posted it quite a while back...)

My buddy and I were driving right past the ACC under the gardiner and saw him standing on the corner on a cellphone with his brief case, trench coat... looking very much like Droopy the Dog...

My buddy and I are in our 20s and rabid fans and so excited just to see him even though they suuuuucked and we open the window and holler at him "KEVIN!!!!!! YEAHHHHH KEVIN!!!! WHAT'S UP KEVIN!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!" with all the exuberance of the WAZZUP guys...

And he looks at us with a completely void, blank stare... utter emptiness.

And we get up the ramp and turn on the radio and hear immediately "BREAKING NEWS --- Kevin O'Neil has just been fired."

....Us young idiots were probably the first thing he saw as he left the building...

Sorry for the salt in the wound Kev.

lol
    Wow I literally laughed out loud

That is an amazing story

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post

I still chuckle thinking of him breaking a lamp from frustrations on the road in his hotel room.
    My story about seeing him on the street still makes me laugh out loud everytime I think of it...

(Skip reading if you recall as I posted it quite a while back...)

My buddy and I were driving right past the ACC under the gardiner and saw him standing on the corner on a cellphone with his brief case, trench coat... looking very much like Droopy the Dog...

My buddy and I are in our 20s and rabid fans and so excited just to see him even though they suuuuucked and we open the window and holler at him "KEVIN!!!!!! YEAHHHHH KEVIN!!!! WHAT'S UP KEVIN!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!" with all the exuberance of the WAZZUP guys...

And he looks at us with a completely void, blank stare... utter emptiness.

And we get up the ramp and turn on the radio and hear immediately "BREAKING NEWS --- Kevin O'Neil has just been fired."

....Us young idiots were probably the first thing he saw as he left the building...

Sorry for the salt in the wound Kev.

lol

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

probably because we've all been trying to forget

i'm sorry everyone
    I still chuckle thinking of him breaking a lamp from frustrations on the road in his hotel room.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    When you look at the numbers, our defense (DRTG) was stellar last night, but our offense (DRTG) was un-sustainably bad. Probably due to the long layoff, unfamiliar new faces and lack of Lowry & Pascal. Offense-wise, last night should be as bad as it can possibly get.

Man, there's a lot that pops there. My eyes did exactly what Kyle's did.

Those Otrg... not good. Hopefully that'll correct itself.

The upshot is... Dalano Banton is the greatest player that ever lived.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

probably because we've all been trying to forget

i'm sorry everyone

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

that ortg could give a fella kevin o'neill flashbacks

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    When you look at the numbers, our defense (DRTG) was stellar last night, but our offense (DRTG) was un-sustainably bad. Probably due to the long layoff, unfamiliar new faces and lack of Lowry & Pascal. Offense-wise, last night should be as bad as it can possibly get.

Yeah, the raptors have won plenty of games and scored plenty of points without Kyle Lowry in the lineup the last couple years. They didn't forget how to score.

Projecting how the season will go off 1 game is beyond ridiculous

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied

that ortg could give a fella kevin o'neill flashbacks

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    When you look at the numbers, our defense (DRTG) was stellar last night, but our offense (ORTG) was un-sustainably bad. Probably due to the long layoff, unfamiliar new faces and lack of Lowry & Pascal. Offense-wise, last night should be as bad as it can possibly get.

Last edited by golden; Fri Oct 22, 2021, 11:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Also MJ and Kobe were both first ballot whiners and complainers themselves
    Tim Duncan and Pop are also right up there. I've got zero problem with Nurse working over the refs to excess. Better for Nurse to get the tech than having our best players do the dirty work, like Dwane "I like my money" Casey made Lowry do. That's the least of our worries.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    My thoughts on the opener:

1. Not enough Barnes with the ball. Less FVV, more Scottie initating the offence. If we are gonna move bodies and utilize cutters, which is what we need to do with a lack of shooters, then we need to use Scottie's length and skillset. Fred is a PnR guard, so....

2. He needs a good PnR partner. I dont know if we have a good screen setter, but Fred needs a big that can help him shed his defender, which will give him space to shoot and find passing lanes. Fred needs the space to be effective, especially with his passing. Maybe Birch might be a better option than Precious.

3. Banton was unbelievable, i hope he gets more minutes going forward. He looked very comfortable out there and made good plays. Very exciting to see.

4. Poor shooting cost us the game. There is alot to nitpick about, the offence looked flatout ugly for much of the game, but we got enough good looks to win but couldnt hit the shots. OG, in particular, just didnt have his legs tonight. He looked great on D, but had little lift on his shots. Odd, given the 8 days off, but maybe he needs a few games to get his body used to the grind. I dont know, but I thought they should have kept OG off Beal and Spencer, given his role on O now and that Scottie was playing off ball on O most of the night.

5. Dragic shouldnt start. I still think we messed up trading norm, but gary should start ahead of dragic, and if not him, fuck it let Banton loose with the starters.

6. I think that pascal might not be suited as a primary scorer, in a similar way that Demar wasnt during his time here, but we need him back...badly. He may not be the ideal option, but he is the best option, like Demar was during his time here.

7. The defence was good. There are issues of course, the big bigs of the league are gonna be a problem, but overall I think there is alot to be excited about.

8. I was surprised with svi's ball handling and ability to get into the paint. Pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, he cant seem to finish or make a play, and his shooting is suspect. Not sure where he fits going forward, but I think he will lose his minutes to Yuta when he returns. Yuta can do all the things Svi does, only better.

9. When fully healthy, its gonna be tough to get everyone the minutes they deserve. A consolidation trade will be necessary. I hope Ben Simmons doesnt end up here.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post

I mean when you're on the Lakers and Bulls and coached Kobe, Shaq and Jordan, don't think you have to worry about calls lol
    Also MJ and Kobe were both first ballot whiners and complainers themselves

Leave a comment:

Working...
X