Hansborough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hansborough

Was anyone really impressed with Psycho Tin the first game? I know it's one game, but he seems like a different player.

- didn't shoot everytime he touched the ball
    - rebounded and defended pretty well
    - spaced the floor properly offensively

Like I'm sure many of you were, I was at the game on Wednesday and just found that we picked up where we left off from last year. I think it's a very positive sign that guys like Hansborough are improving as far as what it says about our culture and chemistry

There was a good article posted on TSN today, talking about Hansbrough's evolution this season.

LINK: http://www.tsn.ca/lewenberg-hansbrou...-plan-1.120774

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      There was a good article posted on TSN today, talking about Hansbrough's evolution this season.

LINK: http://www.tsn.ca/lewenberg-hansbrou...-plan-1.120774
      Nice piece. Hope he has a great year....for his next contract and make it difficult for the team to let him go. Also shows Casey's interaction with his players and that he sticks to his word about the type of play he expects and associating this with minutes.

Comment

Can't forget that Tyler is playing for his next contract as well.. I liked what he brought in game 1.. would just hope he gets less minutes going forward. 20 minutes is too much for me.

Comment

A thought just occurred to me...

With the short 1 and 2 year deals, you are almost always playing for your next contract...because

1.) You sign somewhere and it doesn't work, that next year is your trade leverage. If you want to end up somewhere good with a chance to be extended its actually better than being a free agent
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I thought Hansborough was great in game one. He's a mucker and a bit of a bastard out there..... your team needs that. If he keeps bringing that the way he does, I'm going to be happy with him.

One thing i did notice.... he looks like he worked on his quickness and his actual vertical leap, he changed a a few shots and blocked a couple.... someone was saying he was "late" on coverage.... maybe a little here and there but over all he was good, and the times he wa slate he at least forced a changed shot.... didn't help, Teague floated one over him I remember... sweet move.

Anyhow, T, he's good in my books.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Can't forget that Tyler is playing for his next contract as well.. I liked what he brought in game 1.. would just hope he gets less minutes going forward. 20 minutes is too much for me.
              Well if you saw the game, jv was in foul trouble and atlanta plays small. Tyler is a GREAT 4th big, even a decent 3rd big. Unless youre clamoring for chuck Hayes...
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Well if you saw the game, jv was in foul trouble and atlanta plays small. Tyler is a GREAT 4th big, even a decent 3rd big. Unless youre clamoring for chuck Hayes...
                I like what Hansbrough brings to the table, but he's always been most effective in small bursts.

As for game #1, I'm not sure where the whole notion of "JV was in foul trouble" comes from, except when defending DC's rotation decisions. JV ended the game having used only 3 of his 6 fouls, so clearly he could have played twice as many minutes as he did, before he would have fouled out... just food for thought, I suppose.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  I like what Hansbrough brings to the table, but he's always been most effective in small bursts.

As for game #1, I'm not sure where the whole notion of "JV was in foul trouble" comes from, except when defending DC's rotation decisions. JV ended the game having used only 3 of his 6 fouls, so clearly he could have played twice as many minutes as he did, before he would have fouled out... just food for thought, I suppose.
                  Yes the box score says he could play twice as many minutes before fouling out, but his fouls came early. It'd be a different story if he had 3 all in thr 2nd half. Im on the side that says jv should have played in crunch time, but the rest of the game.people need to cool their jets. Hes still not a ton better than Patterson, if this is happening in a couple more years than its a cause for huge concern.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    A big part of his minutes were definitely situational. If the Raps were lining up against Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard, Boogie Cousins, Anthony Davis, etc. there's a good chance Casey uses some Chuck Wagon and Hansbrough isn't able to put together such a nice, clean game.

Not an overall knock, though. I agree Hansbrough is capable of a bit more than what he's producing for the Raps up to this point. James Johnson needs to start comparing himself to Hansbrough and playing within himself instead of defining himself as "just as good" as Lowry and DeRozan.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                      A big part of his minutes were definitely situational. If the Raps were lining up against Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard, Boogie Cousins, Anthony Davis, etc. there's a good chance Casey uses some Chuck Wagon and Hansbrough isn't able to put together such a nice, clean game.

Not an overall knock, though. I agree Hansbrough is capable of a bit more than what he's producing for the Raps up to this point. James Johnson needs to start comparing himself to Hansbrough and playing within himself instead of defining himself as "just as good" as Lowry and DeRozan.
                      I can't see Johnson being happy with sparing minutes and no offensive role. I'm a little nervous he'll become a problem in the locker room as the season progresses.

Comment

I like TH. He's a wrecking ball out there. No one wants to play against him. And yeah he's a bonehead sometimes but thats fine, Casey just shortens his leash then. Him accepting his role more and working on improving the particular aspects of his role that he can seems like a smart career move.

I like DC's coaching style. Everyone has a role, you perform your role, you play. You don't perform your role, you don't play. Everyone bitched about no accountability on previous teams, well now you got it and this is what it looks like.
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          I can't see Johnson being happy with sparing minutes and no offensive role. I'm a little nervous he'll become a problem in the locker room as the season progresses.
                          I agree, but im also a little nervous when yo we start pre-determining who shoots. The person going in to score should be the one with the best shot available EVERY possession. If JJ puts together the odd EFFICIENT 15 point game, hey, so be it. Winning and BALL MOVEMENT usually keeps everyone happy as pigs in manure.

Comment

Jack Armstrong mentioned in the broadcast that Dominique Wilken's said that Hansbrough would have been great in his era of basketball, so I watched a classic game (Bulls vs Celtic's game 2) to see if he was right.

http://youtu.be/l-5Xw1AJQKc

It's insane how physical the game was back then. Most of the fouls would be flagrants in today's game. Hansbrough would have fit right in.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              I thought Hansborough was great in game one. He's a mucker and a bit of a bastard out there..... your team needs that. If he keeps bringing that the way he does, I'm going to be happy with him.

One thing i did notice.... he looks like he worked on his quickness and his actual vertical leap, he changed a a few shots and blocked a couple.... someone was saying he was "late" on coverage.... maybe a little here and there but over all he was good, and the times he wa slate he at least forced a changed shot.... didn't help, Teague floated one over him I remember... sweet move.

Anyhow, T, he's good in my books.
                              Based on preseason and only one real game, I'm far more impressed with him this year than last. Last year he really didn't seem to have a feel for the defensive system, was often left scrambling around, resulting in creating more fouls at that end than the ones he generated at the other end. This year, he seems to have clued in, and is better working within the team defense, and a little more controlled. Hoping he keeps it up, because yes, everybody hates playing against him, and that surely helps the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X