Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #2: Toronto Raptors 108 - Orlando Magic 95

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Game #2: Toronto Raptors 108 - Orlando Magic 95

    @


    Probable Starters:
    Raptors Magic
    PG Kyle Lowry PG Elfriid Payton
    SG Demar Derozan SG Evan Fornier
    SF Terrence Ross SF Tobias Harris
    PF Amir Johnson PF Channing Frye
    C Jonas Valanciunas C Nikola Vučević

    Game Notes (via Raptors Game Notes):
    • The Toronto Raptors travel to Orlando for a quick two-game Florida road trip. The Raptors have won a franchise best seven consecutive games against the Magic over the past two years. Toronto and Orlando will play four times this season, including three games before Dec. 15. The last time Toronto won two games to start a season was 2008-09.
    • Toronto improved to 11-9 in season opening games following a 109-102 win over Atlanta on Oct. 29 at Air Canada Centre. It was the first time the Raptors had three players record double-doubles on opening night – Amir Johnson (16 points, 10 rebounds), DeMar DeRozan (15 points, 11 rebounds) and Kyle Lowry (11 points, 10 assists). The only players in team history to start a season with two consecutive double-doubles are Damon Stoudamire (1995) and Chris Bosh (2009).
    • Toronto won a franchise-record 22 road games last season. The previous record of 20 road wins was set during the 2000-01 season. The Raptors increased their road win total by +11 over the previous year when they won 13 games. The Raptors played six of eight preseason games away from Air Canada Centre and posted a 5-1 record.
    • The Raptors’ 13 steals Oct. 29 vs. Atlanta was the team’s most for a season-opening game since Oct. 30, 2001 vs. Orlando. DeMar DeRozan led the way with a career-high six steals, followed by Kyle Lowry (3), James Johnson (2), Terrence Ross and Patrick Patterson.
    • In addition to his six steals, DeMar DeRozan also set a career high with 11 rebounds Oct. 29 vs. Atlanta. It was DeRozan’s fourth career double-double and third in the 2014 calendar year - Feb. 1 at Portland (36 points, 12 assists) and Mar. 18 at Atlanta (29 points, 10 rebounds). DeRozan is tied with Amir Johnson as the longest serving Raptors (six seasons). DeRozan along with Blake Griffin and Steph Curry are the only players selected in the top-10 of the 2009 NBA Draft that are still with their original teams.
    • According to Elias, DeMar DeRozan is the first guard since 2000 to record at least 10 rebounds and five steals in a season opening game. Jason Kidd was the last player to achieve this Oct. 31, 2000 as a member of the Phoenix Suns. Kidd posted a triple double that night (24 points, 11 assists, 10 rebounds and five steals).
    • Toronto opened the season with 40+ rebounds and 20+ second-chance points for a second straight year. The Raptors grabbed 48 rebounds Oct. 29 vs. Atlanta and turned 16 offensive rebounds into 26 second-chance points. Toronto posted 48 rebounds and 28 second-chance points in last year’s opener vs. Boston.
    • Head coach Dwane Casey needs seven wins to tie Lenny Wilkens (113) for second on the team’s all-time coaching victories list. In his fourth season with Toronto, Casey has a 106-125 (.461) record. Sam Mitchell holds the team record with 156 wins as Raptors head coach.
    • Toronto plays 19 back-to-backs this season, including seven times with both games on the road. The Raptors swept or split all six road back-to-backs during the 2013-14 season.





    Let's Go Raptors!!

  • #2
    Fantastic job on the game thread Joey!
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

    Comment


    • #3
      So anyways, back to the atlanta game.... (kidding)
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • #4
        Feel sorry for the Magic's starting line-up. They have no-one that can really scare us.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

        Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

        Comment


        • #5
          Cody73 wrote: View Post
          Feel sorry for the Magic's starting line-up. They have no-one that can really scare us.
          Vucevic? He might be the most underrated big man in the league right now. He's turning into a real beast (as in he might put up 20-10 this year).

          Comment


          • #6
            Cody73 wrote: View Post
            Feel sorry for the Magic's starting line-up. They have no-one that can really scare us.
            Vucevic can have a big game.

            Comment


            • #7
              white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Vucevic? He might be the most underrated big man in the league right now. He's turning into a real beast (as in he might put up 20-10 this year).
              And give it all away on defense
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

              Comment


              • #8
                Tobias Harris and Vucevic can go off at any time. Not to mention, we shouldn't be taking any opponents lightly.

                Comment


                • #9
                  MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  And give it all away on defense
                  That's ridiculous. He has an atrocious team. He can't cover for everybody. He might not be a defensive monster, but he's a 24 yo centre on a terrible team. They also play lots of small lineups and he has little to no help to protect the paint and clean up the glass. Not to mention no one really understands what Jacque Vaughn has been doing as their coach.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Nor should we be "feeling sorry" for anybody.
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Joey wrote: View Post
                      Tobias Harris and Vucevic can go off at any time. Not to mention, we shouldn't be taking any opponents lightly.
                      If Ross plays him better than he played Korver, we'll be fine there. Vucevic is gonna have to stop JV though, and that's going to be hard for him. Agreed about not taking opponents lightly. Magic could shock us with some 3-balls or something.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                      Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Vucevic is a beast w/ a nice jumpshot!


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          That's ridiculous. He has an atrocious team. He can't cover for everybody. He might not be a defensive monster, but he's a 24 yo centre on a terrible team. They also play lots of small lineups and he has little to no help to protect the paint and clean up the glass. Not to mention no one really understands what Jacque Vaughn has been doing as their coach.
                          Ask any magic fan and they'll tell you he's a terrible rim protector and has bad help defense.

                          Also I understand the Jacque Vaughn is probably the worst head coach in the league
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            At least this Orlando team should be more fun to watch than last years.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Ask any magic fan and they'll tell you he's a terrible rim protector and has bad help defense.

                              Also I understand the Jacque Vaughn is probably the worst head coach in the league
                              I'm just saying that's extra hard to judge on a bad team that tends to run out 1-big lineups. No Amir to help him (or any decently sized/skilled PF). No vets to mentor him. And their perimeter defenders are all either young or terrible too, so he's left alone on an island looking bad a lot.
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Oct 31, 2014, 07:01 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X