Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME TWO, 2021-22 SEASON: Toronto Raptors @ Boston Celtics - Friday Oct 22nd 7:30pmET SN

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GAME TWO, 2021-22 SEASON: Toronto Raptors @ Boston Celtics - Friday Oct 22nd 7:30pmET SN




    RISE AND SHINE MF'S

    TIME TO GET UP



    ---

    IT'S GAAAAAAMEEEEE DAAAAAAAYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    One game down -- and for many here, the season is already over.
    But I say, let's play em all!
    Superjudge me if ya like!

    What better way to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off... than goin' down south to face our most hated rival. You know who I mean...



    The 8 day break felt like 600, and in a sense it was. (what is time?)

    Anyhow, hopefully the guys got that outta their system and are ready to toy with the guys in green.



    Your starting lineups for the game (As I see them... and hopefully Nick will too.)

    FOR YOUR TORONTO RAPTORS







    vs.







    Can this site hold my gifs???
    CAN THE RAPTORS PULL THEIR SHIT TOGETHER??????



    LET'S GO RAAAAAAAAPS!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Fri Oct 22, 2021, 05:19 AM.

  • #2
    GAME 1… let’s get this!

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm wearing a belt and suspenders. No chance for a failure. It is 100% that every player that gets floor time will gain experience.

      Comment


      • #4

        Comment


        • #5
          Tatum & Brown vs OG & Scottie. I'm predicting neither team will score over 100 points.

          Comment


          • #6
            Kanter is going to score 30 tonight isn't he?

            Comment


            • #7
              Biggest differences on offence I'd like to see are movement and corners. The Raps got into trouble against Washington with their drive and kick game because Washington was able to get into the passing lanes because the perimeter guys were always standing still, too easy to predict the passing lanes, even from help guys out of position. That led to too many turnovers and easy buckets the other way.

              Where were the corner 3s? Raps only attempted 5 corner 3s out of 34 deep attempts. Not a great % of their looks came from the easier spot, especially when the shots are struggling to fall.

              A lot of jitters in game 1 should be ironed out but this team still hasn't gelled yet, and it could take some time to get there. Protect the rock better, trust the D and things will improve over time.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

              If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

              Comment


              • #8
                Wishes and dreams for game 2:

                Start FVV, Trent, OG, Barnes, Birch

                Let Barnes do most of the primary creation (postups or screen plays), FVV secondary, OG iso only late in clock. Use Birch and Trent as spot up shooters (Birch in the corner).

                Achiuwa, Boucher, Dragic, Banton off bench. Banton earned another look. One of Barnes/OG/Fred on the floor with the bench at all times, and often two of them.

                Oh, and less help on D when one of our elites are manning up. Barnes, OG, and Fred can all be left alone unless Fred has a big height mismatch in the post. Save the help panic for dealing with a bigger C or Trent is getting blown by.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • #9
                  DanH wrote: View Post
                  Wishes and dreams for game 2:

                  Start FVV, Trent, OG, Barnes, Birch

                  Let Barnes do most of the primary creation (postups or screen plays), FVV secondary, OG iso only late in clock. Use Birch and Trent as spot up shooters (Birch in the corner).

                  Achiuwa, Boucher, Dragic, Banton off bench. Banton earned another look. One of Barnes/OG/Fred on the floor with the bench at all times, and often two of them.

                  Oh, and less help on D when one of our elites are manning up. Barnes, OG, and Fred can all be left alone unless Fred has a big height mismatch in the post. Save the help panic for dealing with a bigger C or Trent is getting blown by.
                  Nurse talked about trying to figure out a sweet spot with his rotations. So your starting 5 is likely a possibility, especially considering Achiuawa and Dragic have good chemistry already.

                  But Dragic played quite well against Washington. He was one of only 2 or 3 guys that showed up for that game. So I'm not sure he gets demoted either.


                  Personally I'd try: Birch, Barnes, OG, Banton and Fred. Banton and Barnes are good together. Have 3 vets next to them, all that can score from the outside (well Birch from the corners).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Kanter is going to score 30 tonight isn't he?
                    Considering he was a DNP in their Double-OT game, I'm going to say no. I'm more worried about Robert Williams feasting on the glass. Raps need to keep him bodied up and out of the paint as much as possible.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                    If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      planetmars wrote: View Post

                      Nurse talked about trying to figure out a sweet spot with his rotations. So your starting 5 is likely a possibility, especially considering Achiuawa and Dragic have good chemistry already.

                      But Dragic played quite well against Washington. He was one of only 2 or 3 guys that showed up for that game. So I'm not sure he gets demoted either.


                      Personally I'd try: Birch, Barnes, OG, Banton and Fred. Banton and Barnes are good together. Have 3 vets next to them, all that can score from the outside (well Birch from the corners).
                      Banton starting is quite a leap! I don't mind it, except it doesn't solve the Trent issue where he's coming off the bench and likely carrying too much playmaking responsibility. Personally would prefer to give Banton a good bit more run off the bench before sliding him up against starters, see if he can maintain his success over a larger sample.

                      Would really like to surround Barnes with shooters and see how he does. Birch, OG, Trent and FVV around him in the starting group is probably the best stretch group we can put together outside of playing Boucher at C, and I have no interest in starting Boucher at C when Birch is available.

                      Dragic should get like 20-24 a night regardless while Siakam is out so I don't really view starting vs bench as a demotion.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Axel wrote: View Post

                        Considering he was a DNP in their Double-OT game, I'm going to say no. I'm more worried about Robert Williams feasting on the glass. Raps need to keep him bodied up and out of the paint as much as possible.
                        We out rebounded the Wizards.. but we gave up easy buckets to Harrell as we couldn't contain him. We are just too short. A guy like Kanter who basically lives in the paint could kill us again (is he available tonight)? I guess Time Lord can create similar issues too.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          DanH wrote: View Post

                          Banton starting is quite a leap! I don't mind it, except it doesn't solve the Trent issue where he's coming off the bench and likely carrying too much playmaking responsibility. Personally would prefer to give Banton a good bit more run off the bench before sliding him up against starters, see if he can maintain his success over a larger sample.

                          Would really like to surround Barnes with shooters and see how he does. Birch, OG, Trent and FVV around him in the starting group is probably the best stretch group we can put together outside of playing Boucher at C, and I have no interest in starting Boucher at C when Birch is available.

                          Dragic should get like 20-24 a night regardless while Siakam is out so I don't really view starting vs bench as a demotion.
                          Yeah Banton isn't ready. I just am not a fan of Trent. He's a poor defender, and a hot and cold shooter. I guess you can pull him quick if he misses his first couple of shots or something. But he's not really offering much so far in this season (both preseason and the one regular season game). Banton showed a lot more in his limited minutes.

                          I'd even try Svi over Trent.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            planetmars wrote: View Post

                            Yeah Banton isn't ready. I just am not a fan of Trent. He's a poor defender, and a hot and cold shooter. I guess you can pull him quick if he misses his first couple of shots or something. But he's not really offering much so far in this season (both preseason and the one regular season game). Banton showed a lot more in his limited minutes.

                            I'd even try Svi over Trent.
                            I disagree, I thought the energy and defense of Trent overruled his 22%/33% offensive dud. He was active to disrupt passing lanes.

                            But I guess we chose and pick we want to watch and that is fine.

                            I will give more leash to a 22 year old anytime of the day.

                            Let him start over a relic 35 year old or a journeyman SVI…good god.

                            The yo-yo minutes and poor role definition is devastating to a young and developing player.

                            You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

                            When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

                              I disagree, I thought the energy and defense of Trent overruled his 22%/33% offensive dud. He was active to disrupt passing lanes.

                              But I guess we chose and pick we want to watch and that is fine.

                              I will give more leash to a 22 year old anytime of the day.

                              Let him start over a relic 35 year old or a journeyman SVI…good god.

                              The yo-yo minutes and poor role definition is devastating to a young and developing player.
                              Disrupting lanes is not what makes a good defender though. Bembry used to do that crap too and would get burnt.

                              He's a bit of a pylon on defense. Guys blow by him, which requires help defenders to cover the rim, which opens lanes for others. He doesn't move well laterally (similar to DeMar in that way). And on offense he has one play. No ability to drive. Doesn't have a floater. Can't really break his man off the dribble. Doesn't do a good job cutting or moving to help the playmaker. And if his shot isn't falling, he's instantly a liability. But yes, he's only 22.

                              By the way Svi is only 24 and was a rookie the same season Trent was. He's played on multiple teams, but that doesn't mean he's a write off.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X