Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME TWO, 2021-22 SEASON: Toronto Raptors @ Boston Celtics - Friday Oct 22nd 7:30pmET SN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• - Scottie Barnes is special.
    - FVV got off to a slow start but really did a great job controlling the game in the 2nd half. His defense was also superb. That's how he should play. Good game.
    - I still think OG should get a long leash but so far he's proving me right. Nothing wrong being a 3D guy.
    - I gotta give it to Trent. He's played hard the first 2 games. He played well tonight.
    - Birch and Precious did a great job controlling the glass.
    - I actually enjoyed listening to Alvin Williams tonight. I gotta give him an A.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      I know it's just one game, but did Barnes move up in the offense pecking order ahead of OG in anyone elses mind? I don't think anyone can deny Barnes has more awareness and natural ability on that end of the floor.
      Way too early to tell…Scottie may just be getting the benefit that opposing defense has not zeroed in on him Yet….opposing teams has not game planned him so far …after all it’s his second game

He however is too versatile and dynamic that he eventually can be hard to guard And may take a scheme like that “wall” on Giannis

I still would want him to be the main facilitator in disguise which Nurse has done on this game with Van Vleet deferring more to him.

Comment

• Great game! Lots of offensive screw ups but the defense and husle dominated. If that was a preview of the future it looks great.

Comment

• OG has to watch some more 90’s PFs, I think he needs to drop some the extra movement and just bull guys over. He isn’t the smoothest athlete but still has a ton of skill.

Comment

• I want to hear Zach Lowe after this game !!!

Comment

I know it's just one game, but did Barnes move up in the offense pecking order ahead of OG in anyone elses mind? I don't think anyone can deny Barnes has more awareness and natural ability on that end of the floor.
              I feel like what Scottie is doing is just playing the system we're headed towards. That system is not about pecking order, it's about keep it moving, stay dynamic, react and take what's given to you and find the easy play. Everything is easy for him right now cause he's a superb team player and reacts well to everything happening in the moment. Freddie, OG, and I'm curious about when Siakam come back, have to stop trying to force it, and hero it ('Don't worry I got us' mentality) and just let shit develop and happen.

I pray that Siakam can blend in. Ideally everybody takes a lighter usage and we just feast in every direction.

Scottie showing us the way.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                I want to hear Zach Lowe after this game !!!
                Why Zach Lowe?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                  Masai Vice Chairman and what else ____________?
                  "Lord of the Universe"

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I feel like what Scottie is doing is just playing the system we're headed towards. That system is not about pecking order, it's about keep it moving, stay dynamic, react and take what's given to you and find the easy play. Everything is easy for him right now cause he's a superb team player and reacts well to everything happening in the moment. Freddie, OG, and I'm curious about when Siakam come back, have to stop trying to force it, and hero it ('Don't worry I got us' mentality) and just let shit develop and happen.

I pray that Siakam can blend in. Ideally everybody takes a lighter usage and we just feast in every direction.

Scottie showing us the way.
                    Yeah Scottie doesn't force his shots, whereas OG was doing just that. We'll need a few guys that can iso at some point so good that OG is adding to his game. It just isn't looking good right now is all.

Comment

• I expected Scottie to come off the bench when Pascal comes back but at this rate, he'll be a permanent starter.

A FVV, Barnes, OG, Pascal and Precious lineup would be fun.

Comment

Yeah Scottie doesn't force his shots, whereas OG was doing just that. We'll need a few guys that can iso at some point so good that OG is adding to his game. It just isn't looking good right now is all.
                        Haven't watched the game, but seems like OG is missing everything, including his 3s where he is usually automatic. I expect he'll bounce back at some point.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Why Zach Lowe?
                          He is a huge Boston fan and we just kicked their ass

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

He is a huge Boston fan and we just kicked their ass
                                I think you mean Bill Simmons.

Comment

Working...
                                X