Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME THREE, 2021-22 SEASON: Dallas Mavericks @ Toronto Raptors - Saturday, Oct 23rd - 7:30pmET TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also want to point out that all of OG's points came from spot up/catch and shoot 3 and bully ball dunks. I don't think he scored on an iso. Again, there's nothing wrong being a 3D guy. He's pretty good at it.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      The Raptors didn't get any production from their bench. To me that's the reason they lost the game. Second night of a back to back you gotta get something from your bench. With Siakam and Yuta out they need Dragic and Svi and someone else to pick it up. Maybe try someone like Flynn out there or Dekker, they can score.

Positives:

1. Barnes continues his strong play.
      2. FVV
      3. Boucher not playing in the 2nd half. Seriously this guy is probably the dumbest player i've ever seen. I'm not exaggerating either.
      Yuta should in theory get his minutes.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        Also want to point out that all of OG's points came from spot up/catch and shoot 3 and bully ball dunks. I don't think he scored on an iso. Again, there's nothing wrong being a 3D guy. He's pretty good at it.
        great so now we can stop two things. Suggesting that we can trade siakam because everyone thinks OG is a #1 guy. We can also continue to put him in positions top succeed.

Comment

• Comment

• This team is full of inconsistent shooters. They’ll connect one game here and there but usually not.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              That was rough. You could tell he was just gutted tonight by the foul calls. I didn't get to watch the game, were the calls that bad? I kind of like this version of NN. More of a serious, murdery tone mind you, but I liked it

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                This team is full of inconsistent shooters. They’ll connect one game here and there but usually not.
                Look at the shots they are taking.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Their one-dimensional gunner (THJ) out-gunned our one-dimensional gunner (GTJ)... is one way to look at the difference in the game.
                  It's very early but they haven't shot over 32% from 3 yet as a team .

vs Washinton - 7/33 (21%)
                  vs Boston - 7/25 (28%)
                  vs Dallas - 11/34 (32%)

I hate to oversimplify it but you're not going to make the nba playoffs this day and age shooting like that. Doesn't matter how good your defence or transition game are, you're going to be run over most of the time. It's 2021.

Their game is very chaotic right now, which is fun to watch and can sometimes overwhelm other teams, but can also lead to:
                  --excessive turnovers
                  --excessive fouls
                  --taking the foot off the gas late in games (especially on back to backs) due to physical depletion.
                  --lack of opportunities for high % shots vs set defences

We have good individual shooters but the offence collectively doesn't create good looks for anyone, and every shot (unless it's in transition) looks highly contested. There's no pick and roll, it's all dribble hand-offs. They need some more structure on that end, which I think will come with time as the season goes on hopefully.

Comment

• The action I hate the most, and Fred does it a lot, is when he drives into the paint hangs in the paint for a bit and circles back out the other side and passes it to covered guy on the 3pt line. Nothing was achieved except time off the clock, it doesn’t create an opportunity. Someone should be cutting or moving… it doesn’t break down the D at all.

Comment

• The ball movement is just not been there like past years. Maybe they’ve been focusing on D, so the offence is lagging behind. We have some good shooters on this team, the percentages shouldn’t be that low.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

It's very early but they haven't shot over 32% from 3 yet as a team .

vs Washinton - 7/33 (21%)
                        vs Boston - 7/25 (28%)
                        vs Dallas - 11/34 (32%)

I hate to oversimplify it but you're not going to make the nba playoffs this day and age shooting like that. Doesn't matter how good your defence or transition game are, you're going to be run over most of the time. It's 2021.

Their game is very chaotic right now, which is fun to watch and can sometimes overwhelm other teams, but can also lead to:
                        --excessive turnovers
                        --excessive fouls
                        --taking the foot off the gas late in games (especially on back to backs) due to physical depletion.
                        --lack of opportunities for high % shots vs set defences

We have good individual shooters but the offence collectively doesn't create good looks for anyone, and every shot (unless it's in transition) looks highly contested. There's no pick and roll, it's all dribble hand-offs. They need some more structure on that end, which I think will come with time as the season goes on hopefully.
                        We’re not getting open looks for shooters this year. Almost everything is contested, other than transition and put backs. Even the highly predictable drive and kicks to the perimeter for open 3s have dried up. I guess that’s the result of going from Kyle and Pascal as your primary creators, down to FVV and OG this year. Scheme can only do so much to paper over lesser talent.

On the other hand you saw Luka call for a screen to get FVV on him above the break and then surgically pick apart our defense with the hockey pass over Fred to Dwight Powell in the lane who immediately passed to the wiiiide open shooter for the corner 3…. over and over. That was a great adjustment by the Mavs in the 2nd half to counter our aggressive D and we never figured out how to stop it.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Look at the shots they are taking.
                          All contested or highly contested.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                            This team is full of inconsistent shooters. They’ll connect one game here and there but usually not.
                            This is a team full of players learning to shoot. It's a work in progress.

Comment

• So the reverse of what happened against the Mavs happened last night. Refs got too whistle happy. Our defense is going to be foul prone. It was a lot like that last year, but when guys like OG and Scottie get in foul trouble early it becomes back breaking.

We started off really hot. 16-2 run to start the game, but then the Mavs chipped away and then just looked like the better team. Didn't help that THJR just caught fire. We played pretty good defense on Luka until late (and again the fouls racking up didn't help). Hated when Fred switched on to him. Best way to defend Luka is with a taller defender. It's why Atlanta had so much success against them last game.

Wish we got something from the bench, especially on a second game of the B2B. Boucher and Dragic were both really bad. It was nice seeing Dragic lead the team in a timeout, but whatever he said didn't resonate I guess.

Mavs did a great job of boxing out as well. They grabbed boards that we got in the Boston game, simply because they made sure they would.

Would have been nice to have Pascal for this one. Could have used the extra fouls.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

All contested or highly contested.
                                Playmaking was one of the weaknesses coming into the season. We don't respect Scottie yet to be the main facilitator (and hopefully that changes, since he's our best point man). And we don't really want to make that hockey pass. And when we do, it's usually when guys aren't ready for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X