Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Good news everyone!

The district of DeRozan has amalgamated with Raptors Republic!

This new community is dedicated to seeing the best interests of the Toronto Raptors achieved.

Apparently Jonas Valantownship is also in talks to merge.

Good times dead ahead!
    What about us over here in the land of Lowry? We feel completely ignored and frankly we won't stand for it! Where is the land of lowry you ask? Just past the fields of landry. Nobody has lived in those fields for years...theyre kind of creepy all desolate and chuck hazey.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• And the mayor of the Borough of Bombast speaks

Comment

• NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
        McHAPPY seems like a smart guy but needs to stop trolling by calling people fanboys or saying "District of DeRozan".
        Because it doesn't jive with your opinions?

GTFOH

Why don't you take a look at all the shit hurled at JV before you start spewing such hypocritical bullshit.

Find me one criticism by me that was laid at DD that was not emphasis on team ball.

I should go looking for Spur forums. Guaranteed they don't put up with selfish hero ball.

Comment

GTFOH

Why don't you take a look at all the shit hurled at JV before you start spewing such hypocritical bullshit.

Find me one criticism by me that was laid at DD that was not emphasis on team ball.

I should go looking for Spur forums. Guaranteed they don't put up with selfish hero ball.
          Lol.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            What about us over here in the land of Lowry? We feel completely ignored and frankly we won't stand for it! Where is the land of lowry you ask? Just past the fields of landry. Nobody has lived in those fields for years...theyre kind of creepy all desolate and chuck hazey.
            Screw you guys, too far away from us, it's like Hamilton!

Comment

• I don't think this is new.. the premise that criticizing a star player on the home team is looked down upon. I saw the same kinds of things being done with Bargnani. If you didn't like what you saw from him, some guys would criticize the poster and not the player.

I guess some people feel that the Raptors are an embodiment of their family. If you mess with my family, I'll mess with you!

Comment

• Have everyone lost their sense of humour???????????

I think District of DeRozan is one of the more humorous terms coined on the RR.

If there are posters who cant see even a bit of humour in that... you are taking being a Raptor fan a bit too seriously. Every player on this team (as far as I am concerned) should be open to a critiquing. Some will/may just be a bit more vocal than others. That is the nature of a forum like this. There are boundaries of course but is this really one? The RR community will respond. However, to define the term as trolling is a gross overreach imo. I think we are all adults here...aren't we?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Lol, why does strangers talking on the internet bother you so much?
                  Because he's Superjudge! What good is he if he's not superbly judging? (And doing a great job, I might add)
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

GTFOH

Spurs talk complain about Kawhi Leonard being selfish bastard who is demanding max money and they criticize Pop for not playing rookies. It's pretty fun.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Every fan base complains. Every. Single. One. You won't find a dedicated sports forum on the internet that doesn't have bickering and arm chair coaching/GMing.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Have everyone lost their sense of humour???????????

I think District of DeRozan is one of the more humorous terms coined on the RR.

If there are posters who cant see even a bit of humour in that... you are taking being a Raptor fan a bit too seriously. Every player on this team (as far as I am concerned) should be open to a critiquing. Some will/may just be a bit more vocal than others. That is the nature of a forum like this. There are boundaries of course but is this really one? The RR community will respond. However, to define the term as trolling is a gross overreach imo. I think we are all adults here...aren't we?
                        Everybody is open to criticism, yes. When the criticism is so heavily focused on 1 player, with occasional cursory mention of others, usually accompanied by excuses, it's a bit much.

That said, the District of DeRozan thing is meant as a spiteful, condescending reference to an entire group of people. Someone with balls would direct whatever they have to say to individuals and their posts, rather than some pompous and condescending shit at anybody who defends DD about anything he says. "We're all entitled to our opinion" is a two way street, and such condescending name calling isn't called for. It's angry child stuff.

Comment

GTFOH

mcHappy wrote:
                          "I can't believe there aren't more riled up - especially considering how shitty they played and to get it back to 5 with a few mins remaining- but oh yeah, this is the district of DeRozan after all.
                          It's ironic that you're lecturing others on dissenting opinions when you're the one who went on tilt because no one was as angry as you when DeMar stayed down. I mean, I thought it was a really poor display by DeMar, and Jack even called him out on it, but I'm not going to lump in everyone who disagrees with me under a condescending blanket term that suggests they are blind foolish sheep to validate my own sense of superiority.

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Not flaming.

Merely highlights there appears to be more DeRozan fans than raptor fans. It is suppose to be raptors republic, no?
                          As I've pointed out, there is plenty of DeRozan criticism in this thread. You are seeing things through a distorted lens because it suits your outrage. You choose to use "District of DeRozan" which delegitimizes actual debate and makes the discussion about you and your own personal martyrdom/crusade.

Anyways, that's all I have to say on this subject. It's a toxic discussion and I can't believe that after all these posters and even a mod asking you to stop you'd continue on in this fashion.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            It's ironic that you're lecturing others on dissenting opinions when you're the one who went on tilt because no one was as angry as you when DeMar stayed down. I mean, I thought it was a really poor display by DeMar, and Jack even called him out on it, but I'm not going to lump in everyone who disagrees with me under a condescending blanket term that suggests they are blind foolish sheep to validate my own sense of superiority.

As I've pointed out, there is plenty of DeRozan criticism in this thread. You are seeing things through a distorted lens because it suits your outrage. You choose to use "District of DeRozan" which delegitimizes actual debate and makes the discussion about you and your own personal martyrdom/crusade.

Anyways, that's all I have to say on this subject. It's a toxic discussion and I can't believe that after all these posters and even a mod asking you to stop you'd continue on in this fashion.
                            Perfectly said! Bravo. The bold blows my mind too.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

That is some deep stuff.

It is clear there are differences in philosophy in basketball.

I guess it is also clear there are varying levels of tolerance or outrage on bailing in teammates.

Comment

• I happen to think my hut in the Fields of Landry is pretty nice. Lonely out here though.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X