Game 3: Toronto Raptors 102 - Miami Heat 107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chico wrote: View Post
    Everybody is open to criticism, yes. When the criticism is so heavily focused on 1 player, with occasional cursory mention of others, usually accompanied by excuses, it's a bit much.

That said, the District of DeRozan thing is meant as a spiteful, condescending reference to an entire group of people. Someone with balls would direct whatever they have to say to individuals and their posts, rather than some pompous and condescending shit at anybody who defends DD about anything he says. "We're all entitled to our opinion" is a two way street, and such condescending name calling isn't called for. It's angry child stuff.
    To be clear about context here, we are discussing one game, there is obvious history re DD's performances last and previous years and the pro DD comments are directed at McHappy. No one else critical of DD in last night's game seems to be a target. Yes, McHappy came up with the D of D moniker.

Are you being absolutely fair/honest that past acrimony on the player's criticisms is not a large part of the blowback here? I sense there is. There were any number of vile comments during the game directed by others at DD's individual plays. I have seen load of posts by McHappy where he has commended DD's improved play starting last year, agreed he was wrong (and it was probably difficult) but feels compelled to react to his play in the game. This may not be yours or mine m.o. but in real time there are reactions and they tend to be visceral. I personally treat all those posts during games as nothing but reactionary...some I agree with, others I dont and many eyerolls.... To associate some ulterior motivation is just making a bit too much of it all considering what this is all about...a game in time...happens to be the 3rd game!!

Re the phraseology (D of D) itself. Obviously it was meant to incorporate a group of posters who took exception to his critiquing. I take it as a forum posting "device" (sim. literary). I see humour and some nose tweak..you see spite & condescension...my post's major point was must we raise it to a troll effort and get all crazy with the back 'n forth....it's all so negative after a while. And if I read McHappy correctly he feels there is nothing wrong about treating DD as he would any player in any game. Shouldnt we all be allowed that regardless of previous positions? And you can of course say your piece and possibly come up with a name for the "Capulets"

Disclosure: I thought I took Raptor basketball too seriously to the point of adopting superstitious tendencies...have to slap myself... and then I discovered RR and threads/blowups like this.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      I happen to think my hut in the Fields of Landry is pretty nice. Lonely out here though.
      I live in the Area of Amir. The landscape is tough on your ankles though.
      OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
        I live in the Area of Amir. The landscape is tough on your ankles though.
        I live just off the Runway of Ross. I think I've been sight seeing at the Area of Amir, recommend ankle support.
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Why can't we all just get along? *sigh*

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Because it doesn't jive with your opinions?

GTFOH

Why don't you take a look at all the shit hurled at JV before you start spewing such hypocritical bullshit.

Find me one criticism by me that was laid at DD that was not emphasis on team ball.

I should go looking for Spur forums. Guaranteed they don't put up with selfish hero ball.
            Don't tell me to get the fuck out of anywhere please, watch your language and how you address me.

Calm. Down. You're entitled to your opinion, but calling people "fanboys" and grouping them together as the "district of DeRozan" is not constructive. It is flaming/trolling and only causes problems.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              I live just off the Runway of Ross. I think I've been sight seeing at the Area of Amir, recommend ankle support.
              Ah runway of ross, I've heard that area has lots of potential, just not a lot of determination to expand. Any word about the future skyscraper planned on the corner of 3&D?
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
                Don't tell me to get the fuck out of anywhere please, watch your language and how you address me.

Calm. Down. You're entitled to your opinion, but calling people "fanboys" and grouping them together as the "district of DeRozan" is not constructive. It is flaming/trolling and only causes problems.
                Who are you???
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Batman.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    Batman.
                    Ah, that reminds me... Patman has been horrible.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Example 1

Example 2

Here White man can't jump
                      My post speaks nothing about firing Casey.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Have everyone lost their sense of humour???????????

I think District of DeRozan is one of the more humorous terms coined on the RR.

If there are posters who cant see even a bit of humour in that... you are taking being a Raptor fan a bit too seriously. Every player on this team (as far as I am concerned) should be open to a critiquing. Some will/may just be a bit more vocal than others. That is the nature of a forum like this. There are boundaries of course but is this really one? The RR community will respond. However, to define the term as trolling is a gross overreach imo. I think we are all adults here...aren't we?
                        You beat me to it, Bendit.

The fact that "District of DeRozan" is considered offensive to some, proves just how valid the title is, lol.

This is the internet. Let's grow some thick skin. Sheeesh.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          One thing nobody is really saying but i felt before the year: miami is still good. As in, home court in the east good. That system took years to create but the system won't crumble just because lebron left. Bosh and wade are still very good players. So basically, we make more free throws and we beat a very challenging opponent on the road. Miami was favored prior to the game and we only lost because of a bad free throw night, which is really just an aberration.
                          This. A lot of the criticisms/observations are valid - a lot of things were wrong in that game. The (huge) positive is that, in spite of all that, if the Raps had just hit 70% of their free throws, they still would have won on the second night of a road back-to-back.

The defense needs to pick up, decision making needs to improve, and yet this team is 2-1 and just had a legit shot at starting 3-0. It's getting a little emo in here.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            You beat me to it, Bendit.

The fact that "District of DeRozan" is considered offensive to some, proves just how valid the title is, lol.

This is the internet. Let's grow some thick skin. Sheeesh.
                            Agreed, its hilarious and even more hilarious that it's being used as an insult. We at the Brazilian Borough are bending our lanky joints in laughter
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                              Agreed, its hilarious and even more hilarious that it's being used as an insult. We at the Brazilian Borough are bending our lanky joints in laughter
                              This made me, an observer strolling along Walt Williams Wizard Way, chuckle. It goes to show that no matter where our opinions reside, Raptors Republic is an inclusive world within the NBA universe!

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                This made me, an observer strolling along Walt Williams Wizard Way, chuckle. It goes to show that no matter where our opinions reside, Raptors Republic is an inclusive world within the NBA universe!
                                I hear knee socks are mandatory there....

Comment

Working...
                                X