Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game FOUR (Here's looking at you Scottie) Bulls at Raptors Monday October 25th 7:30pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Yeah... guess which team leads the NBA in rebounding?

The same chart shows we're second last in fg% and 3rd last in 3pt%...

I'm hoping Nick's pill starts to kick in soon. ..... Maybe they forgot to take it with a meal?

In all seriousness. It's crazy watching the many, many shots that should go in... not go in. .... Hopefully they'll start to go in more.

Aron Baynes is somewhere, proud. (And hopefully he's feeling better after his accident .)

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

Well yeah for the next 3-4 years at least I would imagine they are going to run this same system on offense. Maybe a tweak here and there, but unless it's a complete failure I think they are committed to it. Think about how much time is wasted if they were going to change an entire system from year to year. You spend an entire season drilling one style of play and getting really good at it then the next season get told we're going from a free flowing offense with smart reads, passes, cuts, and ball movement to spreading the floor because we got one guy is going to isolate the majority of the time. Nobody changes their offense from year to year like that.
    Ok well I completely disagree. But that's ok

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

It looks good. But alot of that is just dudes like Presious and O.G keep missing bunnys, getting the board, missing again.. getting the board finally making it.. We are definitely better rebounding then last year but that stat is inflated.. We will probably come back down into 15-10 range once more games get played

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

So what are you saying? No matter what player we will have in future and no matter how much players improve offense will remain the same?
    Well yeah for the next 3-4 years at least I would imagine they are going to run this same system on offense. Maybe a tweak here and there, but unless it's a complete failure I think they are committed to it. Think about how much time is wasted if they were going to change an entire system from year to year. You spend an entire season drilling one style of play and getting really good at it then the next season get told we're going from a free flowing offense with smart reads, passes, cuts, and ball movement to spreading the floor because we got one guy is going to isolate the majority of the time. Nobody changes their offense from year to year like that.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

lol
    Now straight up saying what we have all been seeing the signs off. A combination of Banton earning it and Flynn blowing it.. Dalano is firmly above him in the rotation now.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied

This reminds me of all the times DanH said rebounding is a team effort, I can’t remember why it kept coming up but he was right as usual

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

lol
    I see nothing wrong with that statement

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

lol

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    I think you guys are over analyzing a lot.

this teams core of four each have fundamental shooting flaws. This is basketball gotta put the ball in the damn basket
    Fred:

We're mad when he doesn't pass, we're mad when he gets 17 assists and 8 turnovers as a creator. Or maybe we're just made he's not Kyle Lowry..

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    I think you guys are over analyzing a lot.

this teams core of four each have fundamental shooting flaws. This is basketball gotta put the ball in the damn basket

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

You think? It's not easy to drill a completely new offense and seems like a huge waste in development to teach guys to play a certain style only to change it in a year or two. Personnel may change, but the offense is something they are committed to imo, so very relevant.
    So what are you saying? No matter what player we will have in future and no matter how much players improve offense will remain the same? Just look at how offense changed during Casey's era
    Last edited by MixxAOR; Tue Oct 26, 2021, 02:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

But again this offense is half by design and half by personnel. With new rookies developing their game and future draft pick from 2022 offense might look completely differently. Will this offense translate or not is irrelevant because it will change in future
    You think? It's not easy to drill a completely new offense and seems like a huge waste in development to teach guys to play a certain style only to change it in a year or two. Personnel may change, but the offense is something they are committed to imo, so very relevant.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

It's not about making the playoffs this year, it's a question of will this offense translate in the playoffs when the game slows down into a half court game?
    But again this offense is half by design and half by personnel. With new rookies developing their game and future draft pick from 2022 offense might look completely differently. Will this offense translate or not is irrelevant because it will change in future

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

It's not just rebounds it's the offensive boards which Raps have been incredible at gathering. And yet, somehow all those additional possessions they are creating for themselves is not translating to more points. Hoping it's just a matter of time until it pays off.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

I wouldn't worry about playoffs this year.
    It's not about making the playoffs this year, it's a question of will this offense translate in the playoffs when the game slows down into a half court game?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X